la Puntilla update

Crap.  Answered in the other thread.

But yes on this.  Rob, you and I chatted in that other e-mail, but, if I can make it work for the quick-jaunt down at the tail-end of March, I'll grab some then, if not, please confirm me for grabbing them in November with you and the rest.

Looking forward to trying the format / flavor profile.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our little Havana Custom will be ready for Havana Pickup in about 10 days time. I will post the details of how much and where to pick them up (Havana only I'm afraid). There will be a one bundle and 5

Alex rolled, Mule delivery system, look great

Mule returns The best kind of packaging IMO Sampled yesterday-still very fresh and wet, won't be touching these again for at least 6 months. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where does one buy them once arrived in Havana.  It would be my first time in Cuba.

I think it is about 3 to 4 hours from where I'm located on the east coast of states to Cuba.

Up and running...great Rob...I like the 5 stick max...sharing the love...Go easy on the roller folks..

From Rob’s original post it said one bundle (25) plus five cigars. The idea probably being one bundle to rest a while and 5 to smoke while you patiently wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CanuckSARTech said:

Reminds me a bit of the "original" customs that we did on here.  The Tampa's and the Lisadores.

You mean Tampa and Czar. If I recall correctly, the Lisadores never left Cuba.

On 2/4/2018 at 4:27 PM, fastkiller13 said:

My wife was asking me if I wanted to go on vacation soon ;). How’s Havana this time of year? 

What should I talk about to get a women interested in going to Cuba? 

Havana is 70-85° this time of year. Very nice temp. I go to Havana every 2 weeks and will be there in few days Feb 11-13. Again Feb 22-25 and again for the Habanos festival Feb 27- Mar 2.

Cheers

Robert

• Thanks 1

On 2/4/2018 at 1:57 PM, El Presidente said:

Our little Havana Custom will be ready for Havana Pickup in about 10 days time. I will post the details of how much and where to pick them up (Havana only I'm afraid). There will be a one bundle and 5 stick maximum per buyer in order that we can spread them around. 

6 inch x 40. Looking good :ok:

La Puntilla1.jpg

Very nice Robert. Love this version vitola as I smoke this vitola on a regular basis. I typically go to Havana on average every 10-14 days per month. Love the island and have made many friends there. I've actually hooked up some FOHers with my driver when they travel there. Have you figured out the price on these sticks and do you just pick up while in Havana or will you have available in FOH? 7k is a lot for 1 roller each month especially with their repeat customer, will you be having more shops rolling these or are you just trying to stick with one main roller? PS I've spoke to La Marca bout getting some ink done. I will be in Havana Feb 11-13 Feb 22-25 and Feb 27-Mar 2 for the festival. Will be getting with La Marca this coming trip. Thanks brother and cheers mate. 

Robert Rogers

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Those look fantastic and just the right size for me!!  How bout a review so we can vicariously enjoy your famous blend.

PS

you didn't include this in the blind tasting did you .....???

I probably should be cautious when posting this, but feel the info is worth posting. Some has been said, some referenced in other articles.  I was in La Havana last week and got some of these so here's the skinny.

The are going to sold exclusively at the Casa del Habano in the little shopping mall outside of the Comodoro Hotel in Miramar.  They sell for 5 CUC each / 125 CUC for a bundle of 25.  It's not a one and done, and they will continually be made as long as orders are placed and suitable raw material is available.

Alex is a super friendly great guy and extremely talented.  We cigars talked for a while, had a few laughs (possibly at Rob's expense) and all of his rolls look amazing.  I picked up some maduros, some salomones and Puntillas.  All look fantastic.  He's been cranking cigars out in anticipation for the festival but clearly loves what he does and takes a lot of pride in his work.  He seemed almost as excited to show me his work as I was to see it.

The puntillas look fantastic and the one I smoked in the shop was excellent and shows tons of potential.  I got so distracted by the conversation that I neglected to get the +5 loose smokes so I'll be forced to dig into my bundle once they've parked for a while. 

Kudos to Rob, Alex and Jose for their blend and for putting this together.  One additional great perk of being a member of the FoH family.  WHEN you're in La Havana, definitely go see Alex.

Rob, please let me know any inaccuracies or details I'm forgetting.  Part of my brain left Cuba a little later than I did and hasn't gotten home yet.

• Like 2

So I picked up a couple bundles from Alex in Jan. I had never seen him roll that size and wondered if it was going to be a new regular for him. Maybe this thread explains it. Maybe now, instead of storing these away, they will get smoked sooner rather than later. Mine have a pigtail and unfinished foot, and are a touch longer, so not sure if they are the same, buuuut...

My plan was to basically wrap them into a wheel and squirrel them away.....but now I have a dilema...88149a834fb074a5c9b0e8f7164f481e.jpg0824598e0af01781728f52c9d48b601d.jpgfeb46234da145d8bf45f32de3b916053.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Bartolomeo said:

Alex rolled, Mule delivery system, look great

IMG_5292.JPG

IMG_5293.JPG

IMG_5294.JPG

Can’t wait to hear you’re opinion on these.  How far in advance did you place the order with Alex?