la Puntilla update

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our little Havana Custom will be ready for Havana Pickup in about 10 days time. I will post the details of how much and where to pick them up (Havana only I'm afraid). There will be a one bundle and 5

Alex rolled, Mule delivery system, look great

Mule returns The best kind of packaging IMO Sampled yesterday-still very fresh and wet, won't be touching these again for at least 6 months. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, torsion said:

Mule returns emoji847.png
The best kind of packaging IMO
Sampled yesterday-still very fresh and wet, won't be touching these again for at least 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF, mule returned to wrong barn???....:lol:

• Like 1

We tried them last month in Havana, very nice aromas but too fresh and young and also a bit tight draw on the ones we had.

Kept a few for later trying, but will get some more next trip in a few weeks again. You never go wrong with Alex ... :-)

But seriously : Why does a "La Puntilla" not have a pigtail ... even the name begs for one  :-)

From one staying right next to La Puntilla.

• Like 3

Great vitola .An interesting quote from CA's Havana Cigar Scene article . "One shop manager told me that because of the shortages in the bigger sizes, she was trying to convince people to buy smaller cigars, such as a Romeo y Julieta Petit Royales, a petit corona size. “Connoisseurs like to buy the smaller cigars, but people who don’t really know tobacco that well, they don’t get it,” said Elena Perez, of the Casa del Habano at Habana Libre.";)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luv2fly said:

YES!!!!

Thank you.   As soon as I put them in my humidor from excitement of actually having them in my house the idea of freezing hit me like a ton of bricks. I knew the right answer but dammit they looked so good in there for that hour!   Super excited to have the La Puntilla in my fridge napping!

A giant F*  You, to the jerks in Cuba airport customs that confiscated my bundle of La Puntilla.  Was waiting till I got them home to let them rest before trying one.  Well I guess this means I will need to make another trip to Cuba to get another bundle.  They were looking oh so good.

2 minutes ago, JY0 said:

Yikes! Why did they grab them? I’m headed down next month. 

Terminal 3 customs agents were instructed to not let any, I mean any, not even one cigar unbanded pass that day, I had Alex's receipt which this trip they didnt accept (they have in the past).  Rules stipulate that they can allow 20 unbanded. The head lady in charge wouldn't allow me to take even 5.  All of my cigars with bands were no problem, went right on thru.  It would've been best to have them in my carry on luggage.

Oh O - sounds like we are going to have to add bands to custom rolls in future to get them off the island! And there's some of us that used to do the reverse coming into USA!

• Like 1

Had my third Puntilla since February today - one was too plugged, one was OK but plugged after midway and the third today started well enough but did not draw at all after midway - nutthing, nada, nix, not even after working on it with a tool.

Obviously not just too fresh and wet.

Can only recommend to have it rest for at least some months.

But this one baffled me, it was so good and then Woom - nothing after midway....

Will speak to Alex in 10 days about this. Taste is good - draw is impossible.

5ace5d8f3c2de_puntilla1.thumb.jpg.80f373d5daeaff2fda373102562387a4.jpg

5ace5d8beae1e_puntilla2.thumb.jpg.fa1b9b6eb0d846590b32e14d232e88a0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2