la Puntilla update

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our little Havana Custom will be ready for Havana Pickup in about 10 days time. I will post the details of how much and where to pick them up (Havana only I'm afraid). There will be a one bundle and 5

Alex rolled, Mule delivery system, look great

Mule returns The best kind of packaging IMO Sampled yesterday-still very fresh and wet, won't be touching these again for at least 6 months. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

I just shot an email off to Alex. Time for him to post up on this thread :D

Surprised to hear about the construction issues on these.  I hope it improves before I get there in June.  I'm looking forward to meeting Alex and picking up a couple of bundles of these to share with @madandana

• Like 2

Alex has a serious following, demand for his cigars must be overwhelming. 

Do rollers always roll all of their own customs or do they have their own rollers to help out and they oversee the process and QC?  Sorry if this is answered somewhere else.  I must have missed it.

7 minutes ago, JY0 said:

Would someone mind sharing Alex’s Contact info via PM? I’ll be in Havana next month for two days and thought it might be a good idea to place an order in advance?

thanks all

I'd be interested in this as well but for my trip at the end of the year.

7 hours ago, HDGSN said:

I'd be interested in this as well but for my trip at the end of the year.

If you are on FB look for : Alejandro Glez

• Like 2

So I was just able to secure a bundle of these I really can't wait to just look at them.  I will let them sleep a while and try to score more so I can share the wealth.  There are some really amazing people here that while in a different country willing to buy something for some one.  Just blows my mind.  Thank you 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wertman said:

Tasting notes?  A full 2 hour review please?

I didn’t write anything down but here are my thoughts.  It’s young and has a bit of mongrel to it.  That’s to be expected as I just got them this week so this was ROTT from the island lol.  They came very moist so next one I will try dry boxing for a few days leading up to it. The flavor profile was very enjoyable though that will be even better in about 6 months.  Nuts with hints of grass really stood out.  Started getting a little bit of ammonia towards the very end but that’s to be expected.  The size is awesome!  Love a good long and skinny.  It has an elegance to holding it between my fingers.  That just sounds dirty saying it.    

• Like 2

Can anyone tell me via pm what a bundle of these are going for on the island? In CUC? I have someone going Soon, 
Read post #42......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Head83 said:

I didn’t write anything down but here are my thoughts.  It’s young and has a bit of mongrel to it.  That’s to be expected as I just got them this week so this was ROTT from the island lol.  They came very moist so next one I will try dry boxing for a few days leading up to it. The flavor profile was very enjoyable though that will be even better in about 6 months.  Nuts with hints of grass really stood out.  Started getting a little bit of ammonia towards the very end but that’s to be expected.  The size is awesome!  Love a good long and skinny.  It has an elegance to holding it between my fingers.  That just sounds dirty saying it.    

Put em away for 6 months to a year and forget about them. You’ll be rewarded fo sho!

• Like 1

If anyone from the states heading down for a visit, I sure would appreciate it if you could pick up a bundle or so for me.

Please PM if that is a possibility.

THANK YOU!

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Pinareno said:

My mom just got back from Cuba and picked up a bundle of Puntilla and Principe for me. I reached out to Alex a week prior to her arriving in Cuba and he had them ready for her when she got there. She was in and out of there in 5 minutes. 

All but 1each are in deep freeze at the moment.  Beautiful looking sticks and they smell incredible! Thank you El Pres for setting up this awesome vitola! 

C2464982-7D26-4B2F-980A-70C275EB0245.jpeg

1BD8A386-5114-498B-BB99-54E950E1CF89.jpeg

Both of those bundles look amazing

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

Saw some for sale on Facebook already...

Was always going to happen. The good news is that they are available to anyone who is travelling through Havana. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, HJCJ said:

How are these Puntillas smoking these days? Can anyone provide an update? Thanks. 

Good question for Christmas 18. I wouldn't be touching them before then. 

• Like 1