la Puntilla update

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our little Havana Custom will be ready for Havana Pickup in about 10 days time. I will post the details of how much and where to pick them up (Havana only I'm afraid). There will be a one bundle and 5

Alex rolled, Mule delivery system, look great

Mule returns The best kind of packaging IMO Sampled yesterday-still very fresh and wet, won't be touching these again for at least 6 months. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/23/2018 at 3:54 PM, El Presidente said:

Good question for Christmas 18. I wouldn't be touching them before then. 

You might be right, but the two I have smoked that were very young were absolutely delicious and the size is awesome in hand.  Bravo to Prez and Alex.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ErikC said:

Where do you get these in Havana? Going down in september and would like to pick some up. 

Hi Eric, and welcome to the site. It’s customary to introduce yourself in the Newbie Introductions forum, and tell us a bit about yourself.

As for the Puntillas, you need to visit Alex in his shop at the Comodoro Hotel. 

• Like 1

Smoking my first one now and I am fairly impressed. Fantastic construction so far (on the final third) and flavors are on par. There is a nice nuttiness to it and is very well balanced. Extremely approachable for how young it is. Beautiful light ash (the pictures do not do it justice).9a73b502aa4c91334ab74dc9018bd7f5.jpg58245ce70bd4336c3163ac86350e52e5.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Looks amazing! Does it compare to anything, I wonder? Or is it pretty much incomparable? Just curious

it is just a cigar .....at a size and blend I enjoy.....rolled by a very good torcedor. 

We were aiming for a little bit of PL sweetness, a little bit of Monte, a touch of nuttiness. 

I still do not they will be anywhere near ready to smoke  until christmas this year (february festival pick ups). 

6 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

I'll head to the Comodoro in the next couple weeks and pick up a bundle or two, if available, and let em sit sit for a year or two then. 

Say hello to Alex for me!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Corylax18 said:

Mine have been resting since late April. I've smoked two over the last week or so. They are already delicious and smooth. I'm definitely going to grab another Bundle on my next trip.  

972532418_IMG_03661.thumb.JPG.06b6c4d0617c009c912b564baad9371a.JPG

Nice ashtray. Wasn't lucky enough for one of those when I went. 

5 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Nice ashtray. Wasn't lucky enough for one of those when I went. 

Thanks! I think @Ethernut and his dad got em all in April. One 70+ lb bag later, they went to loving/grateful homes. Sometimes they have 30 sitting there, other times none. It's just the luck of the draw.

52 minutes ago, GotaCohiba said:

Nothing yet 

He's probably too busy rolling cigars. :pooped:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

Thanks! I think @Ethernut and his dad got em all in April. One 70+ lb bag later, they went to loving/grateful homes. Sometimes they have 30 sitting there, other times none. It's just the luck of the draw.

He's probably too busy rolling cigars. :pooped:

Just means I'll have to go back. Although my luck, they still won't have them. 

And yeah ha or the internet is just too shitty to ever work consistently

4 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Just means I'll have to go back. Although my luck, they still won't have them. 

And yeah ha or the internet is just too shitty to ever work consistently

If you don’t have your heart set on a Hotel Nacional ashtray specifically, they’ve also got identical marble ashtrays (almost certainly from the same maker) at the LCDH at the Partagás factory. Appropriately, they say “Casa del Habano” and “Partagás”. There’s also blank versions sold by one of the vendors at the souvenir market.

9 hours ago, bpm32 said:

If you don’t have your heart set on a Hotel Nacional ashtray specifically, they’ve also got identical marble ashtrays (almost certainly from the same maker) at the LCDH at the Partagás factory. Appropriately, they say “Casa del Habano” and “Partagás”. There’s also blank versions sold by one of the vendors at the souvenir market.

I guess I was so distracted by the niche selection the Partagas factory had at the time of my visit, that I didn't notice the ashtrays. Damn

• 4 months later...
On 5/23/2018 at 6:54 PM, El Presidente said:

Good question for Christmas 18. I wouldn't be touching them before then. 

Alright, Cap, it is Christmas 18. I'll be buying my own Puntillas in just a few days. It is time to hear how these are shaping up.

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Monocle said:

Bump. How are those Puntillas fairing today?

They are excellent. I always grab a couple bundles while on the Island. Between these and Alex Coronas I’ve sort of been converted from a fatty lover to a skinny lover.

9 hours ago, Monocle said:

Bump. How are those Puntillas fairing today?

Smoked one a few weeks ago from a bundle I bought in Dec 18. 2nd best cigar of the year for me. 96/100.

15 hours ago, HDGSN said:

Smoked one a few weeks ago from a bundle I bought in Dec 18. 2nd best cigar of the year for me. 96/100.

So they need the roughly year down that Rob said of the original batch? I’ve got a bundle but haven’t dug into them yet. Only a couple months old at this point so I just admire them from afar. I had one of his Prince’s last week from the same trip and flavor was very muted but burned wonderfully.

5 hours ago, Monocle said:

So they need the roughly year down that Rob said of the original batch? I’ve got a bundle but haven’t dug into them yet. Only a couple months old at this point so I just admire them from afar. I had one of his Prince’s last week from the same trip and flavor was very muted but burned wonderfully.

Go ahead and try one. Sometimes the thinner RG don’t need as much time or any at all for that matter. That prince is a thick one,

Ive got some with a year on them and wouldn’t even consider smoking one due to the aroma I can tell they’re still wet.