Who does Tom Brady compare to?

55 minutes ago, JamesKPolkEsq said:

I think the Derek Jeter comp is extremely apt. 

You can't compare Basketball (5 players on a team) to Football (11 offensive / 11 defensive / 11+ special teams). One player has so much more impact on basketball than any other sport (excepting solo sports). 

Both unflappable, both have that "oh no" feeling when you are rooting for the other team. 

I never doubted Jeter to come up big - same as Brady. 

Imo in the 4 major sports goalie and pitcher are of the most importance to a team followed by quarterback...nba, while having less players doesn't have that pivotal position.

The problem with comparing Brady with someone like Babe Ruth is despite Brady's long-term, sustained greatness, there have been few years where he has been the best at his position. Early in his career, Peyton was usually better. Middle and latter parts of his career, he was also matching up with Brees and Rodgers.

Jeter makes some sense, though I think of Brady as quite a bit better in comparison to his peers than Jeter was. Bill Russell maybe? 

Of course, it's all built on a lie. Charles Woodson sacked Brady. That was a fumble :angry:

• Thanks 1