Havana Report - Feb 1st-5th

35 minutes ago, ComancheKeen said:

Thanks for the update.

Any sign of Trinidad La Trova down there?

Hi; none. I only saw a lot of Reyes and the seldom boxes of Fundadores.  I really saw nothing out of the ordinary or exceptional (aside from the QdO 50 or the Anejado cigars, which I refuse to buy out of principle).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, treberty said:

4)  Otherwise, I have never seen so many cheapies in LCDH than on this trip: it was short filler galore! J Piedra, Por Laranaga, RG, Quintero and even some Troyas were everywhere.

Which means they can get away with younger tobacco.

Is Rafael Gonzales a cheap brand no? Destroying the most complex brand ever; taking the great Lonsdale (pre 1997) out of the market..

Box code 2019 will be good.

2 hours ago, Ole said:

Which means they can get away with younger tobacco.

Is Rafael Gonzales a cheap brand no? Destroying the most complex brand ever; taking the great Lonsdale (pre 1997) out of the market..

Box code 2019 will be good.

Hi,

I was referring to the RG Panatelas Extras, which is short filler (I'm a huge fan of the RGPC and RGP).  As a matter of fact, there was a cruise ship docked on Sunday.

On 2/6/2018 at 3:10 PM, Doctorossi said:

Any chance you had an eye out for any LGC MdO2's?

I asked around about these everywhere when I was there in Nov an no had seen any in years. All the 14s have surely been snagged by now and it's certain none have been produced since then.

We can only hope the excellent 17 crop and what is shaping up to be an excellent 18 crop will deliver all of our missing favorites back to us. With back-to-back great crops there's no excuse for not making everything they need to make and with high quality. 2019-2021 could be a golden period for CCs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Any Espy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't see any on the shelves.  Only saw Winnies, some Punch DC (including a cab of 50), RA Gigantes, HdM DC.

No MdO 2s either...  

Alexi from the casa de las Artesanias LCDH (where I usually find real gems) said that he was hoping to get a decent shipment on Tuesday (the 6th).  Again, the stores were well stocked, but with regular stuff and lots of short fillers (the cruise ship theory does make sense).