North Jersey Herf...

Hey North Jersey crew...

We crowded the chatbox with our North Jersey comments yesterday. If you wanna shout out what town you're in let us know. 

I'm in Lyndhurst.

Ted ( @fastkiller13 ) is also nearby and we agreed to head over to Jamie's in Clifton this upcoming Tuesday (2/13) afternoon/evening. We're looking to be there around 4:30 ish or so. Depending on interest and who might attend we can figure out the whole timing thing. 

https://g.co/kgs/N1UdnWN1Udn

Here's a link to Jamie's Restaurant and Cigar bar. Bring your own or buy there. No minimums to be purchased from my experience. They have a huge food menu if you want to grab some grub. Full bar. 

Let us know if you wanna jump in. We can keep the thread alive for future meetups. Hope to meet some of you guys soon. 

Cheers,

Javi

• Like 2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Nick... A few guys had to bow out of meeting up for different reasons. It was @Squidstro (Steve), our friend Frank, and myself. The place is awesome and will definitely serve to host future hangou

Hey North Jersey crew... We crowded the chatbox with our North Jersey comments yesterday. If you wanna shout out what town you're in let us know.  I'm in Lyndhurst. Ted ( @fastkiller13

Is Sofia’s the place that used to be a steakhouse, with the cigar lounge downstairs? If so, I have been there before it was Sofias, and once afterwards.  It was, and is, a nice place for a smoke.

We can do follow up meetups. I figured it was a good time to kick things off and attempt a rendezvous. We can keep the thread alive, like I said, and plan future ones too. Different locations can work too. Jamie's is just really convenient cause you can have a soda, a scotch, wings, whatever....

We're still a few days out. Would love to hear from other North Jersey guys even if you're not going be able to make this one.

Cheers all,

Javi

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you should notice this today... Ted (@fastkiller13) and I smoked some Connie A's in his backyard and some other smokes before the rains chased us away. 

I'm in Lyndhurst, he's nearby as well... Jaime's in Clifton is an option. I understand there are other options in Wykoff and other nearby towns. 

Drum up a meeting and we'll try to make it work for as many as possible. Getting a North Jersey cigar crew going would be glorious.

Cheers men!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Let's drum it up guys. @fastkiller13 Ted and I have been burning sticks regularly for a few weeks now. I like throwing Jamie's out there cause it's BYO and there's no cutting fee. They have 4 seaters near the bar and there's an adjacent dining room as well. (Tends to be less smokey due to sheer traffic near bar) The downside is they're closed on Sundays. 

Anyone wanna nominate a few nights to meet up? Would love to hang with some NJ FOH brethren.

26 minutes ago, ElJavi76 said:

Let's drum it up guys. @fastkiller13 Ted and I have been burning sticks regularly for a few weeks now. I like throwing Jamie's out there cause it's BYO and there's no cutting fee. They have 4 seaters near the bar and there's an adjacent dining room as well. (Tends to be less smokey due to sheer traffic near bar) The downside is they're closed on Sundays. 

Anyone wanna nominate a few nights to meet up? Would love to hang with some NJ FOH brethren.

Do we want weeknights or weekends?

I can do either. Weekends can be a day time smoke out, on either day depending on venue. I'll throw Thursday the 19th evening, Saturday 21st early or late, Sunday 22nd early. 

Possible venues

Jamie's in Clifton

JR’s in Whippany

If you can offer up another venue please do so. I'm tagging everyone above to give them a chance to participate. 

@Mattb82 @wade1979 @ehdg @nvrp813 @nc6789 @SigmundChurchill @fastkiller13

Anyone else in the area feel free to jump in, water's fine.

I can do either. Weekends can be a day time smoke out, on either day depending on venue. I'll throw Thursday the 19th evening, Saturday 21st early or late, Sunday 22nd early. 
Possible venues
Jamie's in Clifton
JR’s in Whippany
If you can offer up another venue please do so. I'm tagging everyone above to give them a chance to participate. 
[mention=29869]Mattb82[/mention] [mention=28881]wade1979[/mention] [mention=598]ehdg[/mention] [mention=31914]nvrp813[/mention] [mention=25712]nc6789[/mention] [mention=31951]SigmundChurchill[/mention] [mention=31434]fastkiller13[/mention]
Anyone else in the area feel free to jump in, water's fine.

Can I take a flight from Toronto to meet up? wish we had lounges like you guys.
Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

I will be at a Yankee game on the 21st.  I am available the 22nd though.

Sunday would mean we do JRs out in Whippany instead. We can discuss times once we get a few more heads in here. Lets see if there's any other North NJ BOTL's that wanna jump in.

33 minutes ago, havanaclub said:

Can I take a flight from Toronto to meet up? emoji38.png wish we had lounges like you guys.
Enjoy emoji6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel free to come on down Brent. Hockey playoffs starting tonight too... It's gonna be a great next few weeks at sports bars. 

Guys as you post here can you sign with your name please so that we have a reference. @nc6789 you're one away from a straight flush but we don't know your name. LoL

Jaime's does have some outdoor seating but I've never been there to enjoy it. Food is not bad at that place at all. 

Sofia over in Englewood is a new restaurant, to me anyways, with cigar lounge. Allegedly also have an outdoor seating area. Once we get the North Jersey FOH chapter moving as one, and in numbers, we can venture out to more places. I might be having dinner there on Saturday night. Will report back. 

Javi

Guys as you post here can you sign with your name please so that we have a reference. [mention=25712]nc6789[/mention] you're one away from a straight flush but we don't know your name. LoL
Jaime's does have some outdoor seating but I've never been there to enjoy it. Food is not bad at that place at all. 
Sofia over in Englewood is a new restaurant, to me anyways, with cigar lounge. Allegedly also have an outdoor seating area. Once we get the North Jersey FOH chapter moving as one, and in numbers, we can venture out to more places. I might be having dinner there on Saturday night. Will report back. 
Javi

Haha sorry Javi, I’m Nick!

Thanks for the info, yeah I’ve been dying to try out Sofia’s, hopefully I’ll get there soon...let us know how it goes bro

NICK lol
  • Like 1

Is Sofia’s the place that used to be a steakhouse, with the cigar lounge downstairs?

If so, I have been there before it was Sofias, and once afterwards.  It was, and is, a nice place for a smoke.

Yes sir, that’s the place...based on their Instagram posts it seems that they may have weekly cigar/whiskey tastings as well which seems pretty cool

Nick

12 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Is Sofia’s the place that used to be a steakhouse, with the cigar lounge downstairs?

If so, I have been there before it was Sofias, and once afterwards.  It was, and is, a nice place for a smoke.

Elliot, what I do know about Sofia's is they have a cutting fee. More info is better than less. 

If we graduate to a full blown NNJFoH dinner we can definitely look to go Sofia's. There's a place in Wykoff called The Brick House Cigar Shop. They're supposed to be good too as far as lounges go. Hours are short tho.