North Jersey Herf...

11 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

Elliot, what I do know about Sofia's is they have a cutting fee. More info is better than less. 

If we graduate to a full blown NNJFoH dinner we can definitely look to go Sofia's. There's a place in Wykoff called The Brick House Cigar Shop. They're supposed to be good too as far as lounges go. Hours are short tho.

Yes, and I’m sure Sofia’s hours will be a limiting factor there as well.  I dont know the hours, but having been there, it seems like a dinner place to me.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Nick... A few guys had to bow out of meeting up for different reasons. It was @Squidstro (Steve), our friend Frank, and myself. The place is awesome and will definitely serve to host future hangou

Hey North Jersey crew... We crowded the chatbox with our North Jersey comments yesterday. If you wanna shout out what town you're in let us know.  I'm in Lyndhurst. Ted ( @fastkiller13

Is Sofia’s the place that used to be a steakhouse, with the cigar lounge downstairs? If so, I have been there before it was Sofias, and once afterwards.  It was, and is, a nice place for a smoke.

If we wanna do a night out deal... Manhattan is always the place to be. Carnegie club has its charm. Hours are great. Saturday nights they do a Sinatra tribute show. 

The singer's name is Steven Maglio and he's there Saturday nights with an 11 piece jazz band. It's absolutely badass. He reiterates, he's not an impersonator. He sounds like the Chairman of the Board tho. They have two shows. I like doing dinner first and then showing up for the late show. (if you're there for both shows you pay for both shows) Taking in the jazz and great tunes and closing down the place. 

But baby steps... Let's see if we can do Sunday the 22nd right now. So far for the 22nd it's

Javi (myself)

Ted (@fastkiller13)

Elliot (@SigmundChurchill)

Do we have any other takers? There will be others but this would be a great chance for an initial meet up. Venue at this point for the Sunday looks like JRs in Whippany, but I think we're all flexible so don't let that deter you from joining. 

I think I like the idea of 1'ish, or just before 1. We can try to call out near some TVs. Most MLB games will kick off around 1 and there will be hockey games on around 3 most likely. 

Let me know if you guys like noon or 1 pm. 

Millburn here. April and May are booked for me but I’ll keep watching the thread to stay up to date in case i have a free weekend. Always love to meet up with fellow cigar lovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

I think I like the idea of 1'ish, or just before 1. We can try to call out near some TVs. Most MLB games will kick off around 1 and there will be hockey games on around 3 most likely. 

Let me know if you guys like noon or 1 pm. 

That works for me.

You're picking up what I'm putting down. Loose interpretation of curfew... I can't leave to the supermarket without my wife asking, what time will you be back. My mistake is I ratchet the sarcasm up to 20 of 10. LOL

I'm trying to accommodate a brunch on Sunday that I'm sure she'd enjoy. Which means if I do, Save that fancy question about when I'll be back. 

Elliot if you could let us know sooner than later that'd be great. If not no big deal. I can't be guilted into last minute brunches and neither should you guys.  ??

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ElJavi76 said:

Hey Elliot (@SigmundChurchill) / Ted (@fastkiller13) would later in the afternoon work for you guys on Sunday. Just putting feelers out. I have a late invite somewhere and trying to fit it all in. Let me know what your flexibility is for Sunday and what your curfew is. Wanna have an idea of what we're working with.

Later works for me.  Just not too late because I have to leave around 6 or 6:30 because of dinner plans that were made a while back.

Does around 3 work?

6 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Later works for me.  Just not too late because I have to leave around 6 or 6:30 because of dinner plans that were made a while back.

Does around 3 work?

If 3 o'clock works for you guys... That'd be perfect. I can do brunch and then grab a few smokes with you guys. So far it's three solid and two maybes. (@Squidstro) Ted, you or Steve can invite Frank as well. It would be pretty cool to hang for a bit. 

3 hours ago, nc6789 said:

Where’s the pics guys?! Wish I could’ve joined you all

Hey Nick... A few guys had to bow out of meeting up for different reasons. It was @Squidstro (Steve), our friend Frank, and myself. The place is awesome and will definitely serve to host future hangouts. I didn't take any pics this time. 

Let's try to shoot for a larger audience in a few weeks. Next weekend I'll be working but the ensuing weekend I'm down to do it again. In earnest next time. See if we can draw more of the North Jersey crew out. 

Cheers

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@ElJavi76 - I am in Hudson County. I won’t be able to make it in May as I’m traveling, but would love to meet up in June or sometime this summer.  Let me know!

@dt2 - Dan

• Like 1

Just saw this. I'm in Nyack and would be interested in future North Jersey herfs.

I'll watch this thread.

• Like 1

For the record JRs in Whippany close early on Sundays. They're done at 6.

The Brick House over in Wykoff closes at 7 on Sundays. We could try doing different venues on different weekends. The 20th I'll be driving BMWs around at the meadowlands for one of their events. (I couldn't miss the opportunity to mention that LoL)

Friday the 18th is a possiblity

Friday June 1st

Sunday a June 3rd is another

Mother's Day and Memorial Day are wreaking havoc this month. Talk it up gents.

• Like 1

@ElJavi76 brother I’d love to get to a meetup but we’re in the midst of buying a house so I’m constantly running around getting things done and when I finally get a chance for a stick I’m at my inlaws most likely lol but I will make it out!! Moving to Waldwick btw so still gonna be in Bergen county!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, nc6789 said:

@ElJavi76 brother I’d love to get to a meetup but we’re in the midst of buying a house so I’m constantly running around getting things done and when I finally get a chance for a stick I’m at my inlaws most likely lol but I will make it out!! Moving to Waldwick btw so still gonna be in Bergen county!

Nick that's a very good problem to have bro. Ted is also about to close on his new home soon. I'm not opposed to hanging on random weeknights. 

Don't fear getting a no... This goes for the whole N Jersey crew. If you can hang tomorrow or Thursday just throw it on here. If you have takers, you have a meeting. Otherwise we can wait for the bigger meet up. I would venture to say that with a day or two notice, Ted and I can shoot out for a quick meeting at Jamie's on most weeknights. Let us know.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CubanLover84 said:

I live in East Rutherford. Keep me posted on this Herf if you guys end up doing something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

East Rutherford? Now you tell us? LOL Ted @fastkiller13 lives in East Rutherford, at least for another 3 weeks. I live in Lyndhurst. This has been a slow week but we smoke once or twice a week on average. My garage. His backyard. Jamie's cigar bar. 

Let us know if you're down to smoke with us. Shit, at this pace we might secede from the North Jersey Crew and create our own rogue team. LOL 

All jokes aside, let us know if you want to get together locally. 

I don't know what folks availability is but Memorial Day weekend is coming up. The Saturday of that weekend could work if we get together early. If you guys can... Let's individually throw some dates out there. Whatever seems to fit the the group, we go with.

Cheers