What Is Your Go To Lighter

So what is your go to lighter? I'd like to buy a Colibri but with a 2 year warranty I refuse so I will probably end up buying a Xicar. 

In the meantime I use this $10 Vertigo and it works great(I'm finding it hard to spend 100+ on a lighter when this cheap lighter works)

vert_cycl_charc_large.jpeg?v=1518641584

• Like 2

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No need for anything else...

Love my Dupont with the dual cigar flame!

Not long ago this thread would have brought a tear to my eye, as I lost my trusty Cartier while skiing three years ago.  Bought in '03 and not made any more, I thought there was about 0.1% chance of r

I was given a Xikar Allume single flame a few years ago as a Christmas present. I love it except for the fact that it is that ugly ass neon green color. Sure, it does not have that big of a tank but it last me long enough. I've probably lit two cigars a day for three years with it without a single problem. I'd definitely recommend it.

I've told myself that I'd get a St. Dupont Maxijet this year but so far there have been too many boxes of cigars that have needed buying so. We'll see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Beat-up 30 year old brass Zippo with a new jet flame insert (despite the fact that my wife got me a beautiful Xikar Turrim for Christmas).

• Like 3

Jetline grenade. Cheap and works great. Xikar just sold out, so I will no longer buy their products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My favorite lighter is the gold ST DuPont that my wife gave me as a wedding present. It was sourced unbeknownst to me by a fantastic BOTL, in cahoots with my wife. That botl would probably not want his name known out of modesty so I won’t post it.

My trusty everyday lighter is the first one my wife gave to me. It’s sentimental and when the lighting element went bad Xikar told me they no longer made that flame. So instead I got one of their new windproof soft flame elements installed by them.

86AA80D8-1FFD-4CC7-926D-8C9154C267D2.jpeg

FD259766-6914-49FC-A157-27EBAD0AA22E.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, prodigy said:

Jetline grenade. Cheap and works great. Xikar just sold out, so I will no longer buy their products.

Because they sold their business to another company you won't buy their product? Even if the new company continues the lifetime warranty they are famous for?

In that case you must not buy much of anything. 

Because they sold their business to another company you won't buy their product? Even if the new company continues the lifetime warranty they are famous for?
In that case you must not buy much of anything. 
That's not why at all, but feel free to continue your speculation if you fancy.

Just now, prodigy said:

That's not why at all, but feel free to continue your speculation if you fancy.

That's why I'm asking. Your comment makes it sound like you're no longer buying because they sold out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alloy said:

I've been through two FOH lighters which were very good until they just stopped working. Now I use a Dupont Maxijet. Works every time. 

I like the looks of the Dupont lighters. Very classy looking.

• Like 1

I've had a Dupont for 20+ years, sold several along the way.  An old friend use to be the head of design for Dupont.  He created all the 007 stuff... 

That being said...  Now, I am Bic guy.  I just can't be bothered with refilling lighters and pomp & circumstance of a fancy lighter does nothing for me...

2 hours ago, GasGuy82 said:

My favorite lighter is the gold ST DuPont that my wife gave me as a wedding present. It was sourced unbeknownst to me by a fantastic BOTL, in cahoots with my wife. That botl would probably not want his name known out of modesty so I won’t post it.

86AA80D8-1FFD-4CC7-926D-8C9154C267D2.jpeg

That's the one I currently own.

• Like 1

Used to be the FoH lighter until Cuban customs took the insert from me on the way out of the country! They weren't bothered with the bundles of customs I had with me!

Now it's the triple burner lighter that @mk05 kindly gave me the other week (cheers bro)

*photo attached later

• Like 1

I've given up on the expensive shite, I have a drawer full of them and they all fail within a couple of years... Now, I use these eagle torch lighters:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0167JYC5G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They're bigger than regular lighters, see through so you know how much butane is left, they lock to prevent misfiring, and they have an adjuster up top near the trigger. And the best part is they only cost under $7 (shipped) but I got a couple over Christmas for < $6. Out of the first two I bought, one stop sparking after 4 or 5 years of regular use. The others are all good. 

• Like 1