What Is Your Go To Lighter

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No need for anything else...

Love my Dupont with the dual cigar flame!

Not long ago this thread would have brought a tear to my eye, as I lost my trusty Cartier while skiing three years ago.  Bought in '03 and not made any more, I thought there was about 0.1% chance of r

The St Dupont Defi Extreme has been by far the best, most consistent, long lasting lighter I've ever had.  A few Xikar lighters I have are also great but eat up butane a bit too quickly.  The same goes for the Prometheus Ultimo and Retro, but are both great. 

If I'm traveling or want the longest use out of any lighter, it'd be the FOH Cigar Traveler jet lighters.  Those things are amazing and last FOREVER.

Hell, I've thrown out or lost more lighters than I own.

Not particular and not into spending big money any more for a lighter as I'm hard on them and a bit forgetful at that.

As I travel quite frequently the Soto is probably #1 for general use. Had a couple of the FOH/GT lighters, one died and the other was captured by TSA when I failed to deconstruct it before going through security...

mTTkXtD.jpg

Matches are always good in a bind.

• Like 2

Another vote for the Ronson Jetlite.  I look for a local Walgreens when I travel and so I can pick up new ones when I get off the plane.  There are videos that show you how to remove the retaining ring so you can fully adjust the flame.  

Never spend more than $10-$12 on a basic torch lighter, not worth it. Every nice lighter I’ve ever had has broken, been lost or taken by TSA. Went cheap about 10 years ago and never looked back.

21 hours ago, ayepatz said:

BC41724E-BC28-41B9-B42F-480C073A91F0.thumb.jpeg.3dbf7bb8612f2c70cdb30a9f88bf3580.jpeg

Bought a cheap brûlée torch in Germany for €4. The huge fuel reservoir attests to my innate laziness of character.

bingo! and snap!  I always keep a small handful of demerera sugar in my non smoking hand, just in case and intruder tries to dip their hands into the humidor and needs to be CAR RA MA LIIIIZZZZZZED (Arnie voice)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2018 at 9:19 AM, prodigy said:

Jetline grenade. Cheap and works great. Xikar just sold out, so I will no longer buy their products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

When did they sell (aside from their cigar line back in '13)?  I can't find any info on a company sale online....

Someone posted it recently. A few days ago apparently.

www.google.com/amp/s/www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2018/01/31/xikar-quality-importers-trading-company-merger.amp.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

On 2/17/2018 at 6:38 AM, alloy said:

I've been through two FOH lighters which were very good until they just stopped working. Now I use a Dupont Maxijet. Works every time. 

Yeah found the same with the lever not working  after 3-6 mths continuous use, now keep a few just for travel for which they are great !

Have a dupont minijet, 1st was a gift from my wife that I happen to "mispalce" on a V'day dinner (slept on the couch that night) then she bought another to replace it.(she's the best), heard of the blazer yrs back and decided what the heck, I could take it in the car, camping or whatever.  Ended up being the best lighter due to it cover, durability and its ability to keep a flame.   The Blazer is without a doubt my favorite.

• Like 1

I wish I had a goto lighter. I either loose them or they break. CI has a deal 4 lighters their choice $29. I have done It 3 times. For $7 bucks a pop, who cares if they get taken from luggage or they break.

The one Dunhill I have I never use because I’m scared I will loose it. Wtf