What Is Your Go To Lighter

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No need for anything else...

Love my Dupont with the dual cigar flame!

Not long ago this thread would have brought a tear to my eye, as I lost my trusty Cartier while skiing three years ago.  Bought in '03 and not made any more, I thought there was about 0.1% chance of r

On 4/6/2018 at 2:23 PM, Ouftastic said:

lighter.jpg.b43bbf09cc80d5f06e363d447a882c49.jpg

I prefer a soft flame if possible as I find my cigars burn better. All other time I use my single jet xikar.

I have one of these. It's a good product at a reasonable price. I have terrible luck with lighters. I lose them or they die. The Xikar is holding up well and I like a single jet.

1 hour ago, joeypots said:

I have one of these. It's a good product at a reasonable price. I have terrible luck with lighters. I lose them or they die. The Xikar is holding up well and I like a single jet.

Yup, no issues at all with mine. I love the easy flame adjustment, clear butane reservoir and the single torch is ideal for touch-ups. Add the life time no hassle warranty and its the perfect lighter IMO.

• 1 year later...

I recently ordered a Prometheus lighter.  I went with the Ultimo X Black Lacquer.  I can't comment on durability, but I've been very pleased with it so far.  It's very premium feeling and has a triple torch flame that is directed to a single point.  Also has a built-in punch.  Not too expensive either at US $90.  

My favourites are moody Chinese ST DuPont's... From a distance look genuine, heavy and even had the ping (until it falls off!)
Go to eBay and search memorial s.t Dupont lighter044944d63ea1d5256c3b3046edff359b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have a bunch of lovely Dupont Ligne 2s... so beautiful. But I actually use this ugly little bugger nine times out of ten, because it works like a welding torch in a storm, and it sails through airport security all over the world.

315754B5-9003-4766-8007-57EF6EB10758.thumb.jpeg.3b787fc23373e75bfd29ea15ce96e146.jpeg

• Like 1

My Dupont Defi Xtreme is a workhorse. Use it multiple times a day and can go days between refills. I use high altitude butane. Keeps from having to turn the gas up.

On 4/11/2018 at 3:40 PM, joeman said:

Vertigo Glock.  It has been very reliable and fairly inexpensive.

That is my exact lighter for the past few years. They aren't as easy to find anymore, but for between $9 and $12 each I'll keep a few stashed for one when gives out, one in the car and one in the travel humi. They will last though, the only issue I've had with them has been my fault- leaving them in a hot car one time too many will put a big leak in them. Being from KC I try to be a Xikar fanboy, but I have not had longterm success with their lighters. 

On 7/21/2019 at 1:02 PM, RDB said:

I have a bunch of lovely Dupont Ligne 2s... so beautiful. But I actually use this ugly little bugger nine times out of ten, because it works like a welding torch in a storm, and it sails through airport security all over the world.

315754B5-9003-4766-8007-57EF6EB10758.thumb.jpeg.3b787fc23373e75bfd29ea15ce96e146.jpeg

I love this particular lighter - durable and affordable! 

On 7/21/2019 at 4:02 PM, RDB said:

Awesome! Where can one find these?