What Is Your Go To Lighter

Always go to my porsche pd10, very durable, and I love having a single flame, it is ideal for touch ups. You can can pin point one area, without charring half the cigar with a triple flame.20190723_090223.thumb.jpg.6c0ec2b7ebad4ee04503807a12c7af33.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No need for anything else...

Love my Dupont with the dual cigar flame!

Not long ago this thread would have brought a tear to my eye, as I lost my trusty Cartier while skiing three years ago.  Bought in '03 and not made any more, I thought there was about 0.1% chance of r

Bought a Colibri Julius Soft Flame Lighter about 6 months ago and really liking it, so long if it is not windy.  

If it is windy, I won a box of Alec Bradley Prensados in a few years back by liking them on Instagram.  It came with a pretty decent triple torch lighter that I use.  

On 7/21/2019 at 4:02 PM, RDB said:

I have a bunch of lovely Dupont Ligne 2s... so beautiful. But I actually use this ugly little bugger nine times out of ten, because it works like a welding torch in a storm, and it sails through airport security all over the world.

315754B5-9003-4766-8007-57EF6EB10758.thumb.jpeg.3b787fc23373e75bfd29ea15ce96e146.jpeg

I am amazed this blow torch type of lighter sails through airport security all over the world.

On 7/23/2019 at 12:59 PM, JamesKPolkEsq said:

Product is "Eagle Angle Torch" 

They're very easy to find on the Googles. 

20 for $34 on the amazons....may have to pull that trigger. Won't care if lost or TSA shnagged!

I got tired of refilling my LeGrand DuPont every week, so I got this Vector Thundra tabletop for home use. Wish it was a single torch but otherwise it’s held up well so far despite multiple drops on the floor and gas lasts months at 2 cigars per day.
6a60936607ecdef61ea033b80211081c.jpg

Those eagle torches from Amazon work great for smaller RG cigars. For other stuff I use the cheap Vertigo Cyclones. Seems to last for ever and lights every single time.

I have a Xikar Allume. The big table top version and it’s a piece of shit. Didn’t even light when I took it out of the box brand new and filled it. I had to fiddle with it to get it to work. Also the big table top version I have doesn’t have a window so you have no idea how much butane you have left. I swear it lasts maybe 2 cigars max. It’s horrible and will probably be the last xikar I buy. 

This vertigo is with the $6 or $7 it costs:

5C91002E-42AC-4F14-A235-FFF462A2BDA1.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fitzy said:

Those eagle torches from Amazon work great for smaller RG cigars. For other stuff I use the cheap Vertigo Cyclones. Seems to last for ever and lights every single time.

I have a Xikar Allume. The big table top version and it’s a piece of shit. Didn’t even light when I took it out of the box brand new and filled it. I had to fiddle with it to get it to work. Also the big table top version I have doesn’t have a window so you have no idea how much butane you have left. I swear it lasts maybe 2 cigars max. It’s horrible and will probably be the last xikar I buy. 

This vertigo is with the $6 or $7 it costs:

5C91002E-42AC-4F14-A235-FFF462A2BDA1.png

After having a couple of more expensive lighters fail on me I use the exact same setup. The Vertigo is cheap and has worked great for me so far. If its a smaller ring gauge then a cheap single jet lighter from Amazon. In fact the single jets on Amazon are so cheap (£3ish) I normally buy 3 or 4 at a time - if one breaks its not the end of the world.

Today I got this IM Corona Old Boy, love how heavy it feels, I'm hoping it becomes my go to lighter. I used to use matches and bics. Before this lighter I also had a Colibri Evo, but I apparently can't stand torch lighters, they seem to char a cigar rather than simply light it. a1445b459032984869487fe799205ad8.jpgde8f42de869684c50df7699be1e44bc2.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 2