fitzy

What Is Your Go To Lighter

On 7/21/2019 at 1:02 PM, RDB said:

I have a bunch of lovely Dupont Ligne 2s... so beautiful. But I actually use this ugly little bugger nine times out of ten, because it works like a welding torch in a storm, and it sails through airport security all over the world.

315754B5-9003-4766-8007-57EF6EB10758.thumb.jpeg.3b787fc23373e75bfd29ea15ce96e146.jpeg

I love this particular lighter - durable and affordable! 

On 7/21/2019 at 4:02 PM, RDB said:

I have a bunch of lovely Dupont Ligne 2s... so beautiful. But I actually use this ugly little bugger nine times out of ten, because it works like a welding torch in a storm, and it sails through airport security all over the world.

315754B5-9003-4766-8007-57EF6EB10758.thumb.jpeg.3b787fc23373e75bfd29ea15ce96e146.jpeg

Awesome! Where can one find these?

For public meetings with friends, Lounges, photo shoots - Xikar.
For everyday use in privacy - cheap desktop Chinese turbo lighter, which is not a pity to break or lose.

I use mostly cheapos from CP or Amazon. The Black ops is a quad flame with clear visible fuel tank which is a must for me. I think I got them on sale for 10 bucks for two. d71c4922e14ae1d089bb4aecf8fd3d36.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Always go to my porsche pd10, very durable, and I love having a single flame, it is ideal for touch ups. You can can pin point one area, without charring half the cigar with a triple flame.20190723_090223.thumb.jpg.6c0ec2b7ebad4ee04503807a12c7af33.jpg

13 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Awesome! Where can one find these?

Product is "Eagle Angle Torch" 

They're very easy to find on the Googles. 

i haven't used it long, but this vertigo has been the best in terms of controllability and ease of use:

9BC729F2-60E4-42E5-8738-8B138AEB1D87.jpeg.336141da6a035a84eb6a406e59e2a870.jpeg

not too expensive either. i'll see if it lasts.

-dobbs

Bought a Colibri Julius Soft Flame Lighter about 6 months ago and really liking it, so long if it is not windy.  

If it is windy, I won a box of Alec Bradley Prensados in a few years back by liking them on Instagram.  It came with a pretty decent triple torch lighter that I use.  

On 7/21/2019 at 4:02 PM, RDB said:

I am amazed this blow torch type of lighter sails through airport security all over the world.

On 7/23/2019 at 12:59 PM, JamesKPolkEsq said:

Product is "Eagle Angle Torch" 

They're very easy to find on the Googles. 

20 for $34 on the amazons....may have to pull that trigger. Won't care if lost or TSA shnagged!

I got tired of refilling my LeGrand DuPont every week, so I got this Vector Thundra tabletop for home use. Wish it was a single torch but otherwise it’s held up well so far despite multiple drops on the floor and gas lasts months at 2 cigars per day.
6a60936607ecdef61ea033b80211081c.jpg

Those eagle torches from Amazon work great for smaller RG cigars. For other stuff I use the cheap Vertigo Cyclones. Seems to last for ever and lights every single time.

I have a Xikar Allume. The big table top version and it’s a piece of shit. Didn’t even light when I took it out of the box brand new and filled it. I had to fiddle with it to get it to work. Also the big table top version I have doesn’t have a window so you have no idea how much butane you have left. I swear it lasts maybe 2 cigars max. It’s horrible and will probably be the last xikar I buy. 

This vertigo is with the $6 or $7 it costs:

5C91002E-42AC-4F14-A235-FFF462A2BDA1.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fitzy said:

Those eagle torches from Amazon work great for smaller RG cigars. For other stuff I use the cheap Vertigo Cyclones. Seems to last for ever and lights every single time.

I have a Xikar Allume. The big table top version and it’s a piece of shit. Didn’t even light when I took it out of the box brand new and filled it. I had to fiddle with it to get it to work. Also the big table top version I have doesn’t have a window so you have no idea how much butane you have left. I swear it lasts maybe 2 cigars max. It’s horrible and will probably be the last xikar I buy. 

This vertigo is with the $6 or $7 it costs:

5C91002E-42AC-4F14-A235-FFF462A2BDA1.png

After having a couple of more expensive lighters fail on me I use the exact same setup. The Vertigo is cheap and has worked great for me so far. If its a smaller ring gauge then a cheap single jet lighter from Amazon. In fact the single jets on Amazon are so cheap (£3ish) I normally buy 3 or 4 at a time - if one breaks its not the end of the world.

Maxi and mini jet.  I've been through a lot of lighters over the years and these just stand the test of time. Mini jet mildly annoying due to frequent refilling but it's to be expected.  

Today I got this IM Corona Old Boy, love how heavy it feels, I'm hoping it becomes my go to lighter. I used to use matches and bics. Before this lighter I also had a Colibri Evo, but I apparently can't stand torch lighters, they seem to char a cigar rather than simply light it. a1445b459032984869487fe799205ad8.jpgde8f42de869684c50df7699be1e44bc2.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 2