Hey everyone, I have a friend travelling to veradero at the end of the month and I am interested in some custom rolls. I've done a little research and found that Alfonso at the LCDH at 63 calle does custom rolls.

I'm curious to know if anyone has tried them and what their thoughts were.

Thanks and Happy Smoking!

I tried a few when I was there is dec., but sadly he was almost cleaned out by busloads of tourists. I would get there early in the trip and order some to make sure you don't miss out. The ones I had were fantastic.

My favorite roller on the island. Not only does he roll a delicious robusto extra (edmundo-like size), he is a genuinely nice and good person. Last time I stopped in for a visit, he flirted with my wife right in front of me...and I didn't mind one bit because he is all class...lol

Just make sure your friend has a sturdy carrying case to bring them back in.

• Like 1

Definitely worth buying. Bought about 120 cigars from him, went early and he had rolled them all by the end of the week. He was not very busy when I was there and had a long conversation with him, great guy. 

His coronas, robustos, pyramides, laguito No.1 and robusto extras were excellent. To my tastes, I would describe his blend as a mix of Monte and Upmann to a varying degree depending on the vitola. Right up my alley! 

My suggestion is go there first day of the week you are there, try what he has, then buy what you like. If he doesn't have enough stock, he will probably roll what you want over the week.

He might be in Milan on a rolling tour at the end of Feb if I remember correctly.  

IMG_5916.JPG.6a27a20155a7de4415597bb2b84bd7b7.JPGIMG_5918.JPG.f762a869a7cc18e12cd23600acfdd02b.JPGIMG_5917.JPG.a6e8c237b54f6d4041331d7e3857d8d5.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Phillys said:

Definitely worth buying. Bought about 120 cigars from him, went early and he had rolled them all by the end of the week. He was not very busy when I was there and had a long conversation with him, great guy. 

His coronas, robustos, pyramides, laguito No.1 and robusto extras were excellent. To my tastes, I would describe his blend as a mix of Monte and Upmann to a varying degree depending on the vitola. Right up my alley! 

My suggestion is go there first day of the week you are there, try what he has, then buy what you like. If he doesn't have enough stock, he will probably roll what you want over the week.

He might be in Milan on a rolling tour at the end of Feb if I remember correctly.  

IMG_5916.JPG.6a27a20155a7de4415597bb2b84bd7b7.JPGIMG_5918.JPG.f762a869a7cc18e12cd23600acfdd02b.JPGIMG_5917.JPG.a6e8c237b54f6d4041331d7e3857d8d5.JPG

those look tasty. I hope that if he is not there, they have some in stock. For those of you who have experience. What can I look at in terms of pricing?