Recommended Posts

  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Newcomers only.  No question will go unanswered. No smartarse comments, no reference to using the search engine. We will answer each and every one...as many times as necessary  We were a

This is good policy.    If "newb" questions bother you, better to move along rather than offer up snarky comments.

Make sure the RH in the box (and the room it is in) is lower than that of your humidor! Especially if it has been raining for a few days. People sometimes forget or don't realise their home could have

1 minute ago, RD_26 said:

Are clearance 24:24 items at a PE quality minimum? 

Everything you get here is minimum PE quality, which is to say, good quality. Clearance can be anything. PE, HQ, PSP, etc. Could just be too much stock in that cigar, held for longer than wanted, or no reason at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RD_26 said:

Are clearance 24:24 items at a PE quality minimum? 

Disregard I found the answer and for those reading who don't know.... The answer is yes lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, RD_26 said:

Disregard I found the answer and for those reading who don't know.... The answer is yes lol

Unless specified as seconds clearance. if seconds i will state it clearly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 11:29 AM, stevo said:

Would there be a way of telling what the quality is? 

It would be the same quality as you are purchasing from any online vendor in the world, except that the team filters out any rubbish. Cuban quality is variable but it is on the improve.

Below quality stock we sell into wholesale markets within the region or as seconds on 24:24. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

 

Thanks. I read over that last week when I initially joined the forums.  Still making sense of all the acronyms and quality markers, and also trying to manage my expectations.  I have yet to receive my first bundle of CCs, so I have this very romantic idea of what that whole experience will be like. 

On another note, that standard deviation graph brought me all the way back to high school.  Who knew our host was such a math nerd?  I like it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chef said:

Thanks. I read over that last week when I initially joined the forums.  Still making sense of all the acronyms and quality markers, and also trying to manage my expectations.  I have yet to receive my first bundle of CCs, so I have this very romantic idea of what that whole experience will be like. 

On another note, that standard deviation graph brought me all the way back to high school.  Who knew our host was such a math nerd?  I like it. 

Relax, Chef!  Don't manage your expectations.  ?  If it's your first big go at Cuban cigars, you don't need to worry one bit about HQ and PSP.  Your clearance box will be looked over by FOH and is guaranteed not to suck.  Put grading out of your mind and just enjoy them.  Once you know what you really like and want to put down some specific boxes, then you might chase after HQ and PSP examples, if you want.  Anyway, your clearance box could fall anywhere on the curve.  But don't worry about it.  ?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All good Chef. You will never get seconds unless they say SECONDS. And you would surprised at what they call seconds. “Clearance” will be anything from PE to HQ to PSP. Just a luck of the draw as far as that. This forum is a great place to buy and learn. Never heard a negative comment anywhere online about FOH. I joined the forum a number of years ago but didn’t start using it until last year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

For the samplers offered in the store, are those cigars all ready to smoke now? Or do they need to age a bit? For example I've seen in the 24:24 the recommendation to age a box of Cohiba Robustos for 3-5 years, but the new to Cuban cigars sampler pack and the robusto sampler pack both have a Cohiba Robusto. Is that cigar ready to smoke or does it likewise need 3-5 years?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cigar_83 said:

My question is how do we know the value $ wise of cigars when purchasing, and ensuring we are getting a deal/face value rather than being taken advantage of? 

First you will get them cheaper in Cuba. When you say face value I would consider that buying in Cuba.  BUT you will have to open boxes and check for quality and not all stores will let you open boxes, maybe one or two but not anywhere near to the extent our host at FOH does when grading boxes. Nobody sells at the same price if you compare to Cuba. Another thing is if buying in Cuba you would want to freeze the boxes to kill any chance of beetles. You can check prices on other sites but you will almost always pay a nice price for shipping and you will get what you get. I do not work for FOH and I can say I have never been let down. All shipping is done very discreetly. I have received every order with no problems. Will you pay a little more for a box of something with abit of age from 2016-2017, maybe. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Cigar_83 said:

My question is how do we know the value $ wise of cigars when purchasing, and ensuring we are getting a deal/face value rather than being taken advantage of? 

As someone who was extremely skeptical and  started making purchases from FOH back in September, I'd agree with @Jal154.  In truth, it took me about 4+ months just to make my first trial purchase. Value wise, I'd say they have us covered. 

FOH has never let me down and you have a good idea of what exactly you will get as they inspect all boxes which is not always the common norm. Though, I assume you can probably request that it not be opened but you'd assume the risk.

Anyhow, I recently got a box from the store with a date of 2015 which was a lovely surprise!!!  

There are many benefits dealing with FOH from 24:24, pop up deals, on-demand store and even this forum! I have not come across any other sites where you can make purchases and have discussion with other customers and community members all in the same place.

Just my 2 cents.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick newbie question on 24:24.  Apologies if it's already been answered.  When a box is labeled as clearance, what does that mean in terms of grade? Is it safe to assume it's PE or higher?  Every box I have gotten from FOH has been amazing, just curious what that meant in terms of quality.  Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 2:09 PM, Jal154 said:

First you will get them cheaper in Cuba. When you say face value I would consider that buying in Cuba.  BUT you will have to open boxes and check for quality and not all stores will let you open boxes, maybe one or two but not anywhere near to the extent our host at FOH does when grading boxes. Nobody sells at the same price if you compare to Cuba. Another thing is if buying in Cuba you would want to freeze the boxes to kill any chance of beetles. You can check prices on other sites but you will almost always pay a nice price for shipping and you will get what you get. I do not work for FOH and I can say I have never been let down. All shipping is done very discreetly. I have received every order with no problems. Will you pay a little more for a box of something with abit of age from 2016-2017, maybe. 

Great information, thanks for sharing.  seems like I'll have to try and find a mule since I'm not heading out for vacation for some time. 

On 3/13/2019 at 2:30 PM, Jequan_sparxxx said:

As someone who was extremely skeptical and  started making purchases from FOH back in September, I'd agree with @Jal154.  In truth, it took me about 4+ months just to make my first trial purchase. Value wise, I'd say they have us covered. 

FOH has never let me down and you have a good idea of what exactly you will get as they inspect all boxes which is not always the common norm. Though, I assume you can probably request that it not be opened but you'd assume the risk.

Anyhow, I recently got a box from the store with a date of 2015 which was a lovely surprise!!!  

There are many benefits dealing with FOH from 24:24, pop up deals, on-demand store and even this forum! I have not come across any other sites where you can make purchases and have discussion with other customers and community members all in the same place.

Just my 2 cents.

Also great information here, thanks.  I did read up on the 24/24 or 24/72 sticky post.  I am quite happy with open boxes as I prefer them to be inspected and graded so I at least have an idea what im receiving quality wise. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Cigar_83 said:

Also great information here, thanks.  I did read up on the 24/24 or 24/72 sticky post.  I am quite happy with open boxes as I prefer them to be inspected and graded so I at least have an idea what im receiving quality wise

That’s the idea! Well worth it! For me, I am in South Florida. Easy trip to Cuba. I’d rather buy here than going on a mission while in Cuba. I might pick up a box there if I see something exceptional. But that’s about it. ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jal154 said:

That’s the idea! Well worth it! For me, I am in South Florida. Easy trip to Cuba. I’d rather buy here than going on a mission while in Cuba. I might pick up a box there if I see something exceptional. But that’s about it. ??

Oh really, that says a lot about the FOH system considering how close to Cuba you are.  Thanks for the heads up and info it is greatly appreciated.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Shazam said:

Quick newbie question on 24:24.  Apologies if it's already been answered.  When a box is labeled as clearance, what does that mean in terms of grade? Is it safe to assume it's PE or higher?  Every box I have gotten from FOH has been amazing, just curious what that meant in terms of quality.  Thanks!

Your assumption is correct.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.