8 hours ago, MaxwellM said:

Hey hopefully this is the right place to post this. As far as dry boxing is concerned. Is there a reccomended humidity % and temp as well as an amount of time recdomended for the dry box??

Less than your humidor RH, at least 24hrs (24-48hrs for me), temp not much of a concern. YMMV.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Newcomers only.  No question will go unanswered. No smartarse comments, no reference to using the search engine. We will answer each and every one...as many times as necessary  We were a

This is good policy.    If "newb" questions bother you, better to move along rather than offer up snarky comments.

Make sure the RH in the box (and the room it is in) is lower than that of your humidor! Especially if it has been raining for a few days. People sometimes forget or don't realise their home could have

9 hours ago, MaxwellM said:

Hey hopefully this is the right place to post this. As far as dry boxing is concerned. Is there a reccomended humidity % and temp as well as an amount of time recdomended for the dry box??

I use a small sealed tupperware without any mediums of humidity. Just the sticks by themselves. At least 3 or 4 days, sometimes 1-2 weeks. Everyone seems to have their own way of doing it

• Thanks 1

On 4/18/2019 at 2:53 PM, MaxwellM said:

If dry boxing, I put what I want to smoke in a empty wood cigar box I have. Let them sit for maybe 48 hours to a week and that’s that. No felt inside the box like you may find in the upper lid of a box of Arturo Fuentes, just a plain old wooden cigar box. Don’t over think it. You could make this post a topic in the Water Hole and I am sure you will get many more responses. 

I hope this hasn’t been asked before but I tried looking all through this post’s comments as well as searching the forum in general but no luck. When the 24:24/72 is put up is the post just titled 24:24/72 or are each box for sale listed as separate posts? Also, if I want multiple boxes would it better (I.e easier on Diana) to send one email for all the boxes or separate emails for each box I want? 

Really enjoyed all the information I’ve found on this site so far and looking forward to participating in the next 24:24!

16 minutes ago, dragn270 said:

I hope this hasn’t been asked before but I tried looking all through this post’s comments as well as searching the forum in general but no luck. When the 24:24/72 is put up is the post just titled 24:24/72 or are each box for sale listed as separate posts? Also, if I want multiple boxes would it better (I.e easier on Diana) to send one email for all the boxes or separate emails for each box I want? 

Really enjoyed all the information I’ve found on this site so far and looking forward to participating in the next 24:24!

The thread is title "24:24" followed by the day. Susequent 24:24 threads are hidden once the day passes.

For your sanity, and more importantly Di's, send the one email listing all the boxes you want to purchase. Except on cart order days (Fri & Mon).

1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

The thread is title "24:24" followed by the day. Susequent 24:24 threads are hidden once the day passes.

For your sanity, and more importantly Di's, send the one email listing all the boxes you want to purchase. Except on cart order days (Fri & Mon).

I read that you can look at previous 24:24’s to see what’s been offered. What’s the best way to find them? Again, I tried searching for “24:24” it got nothing. 

12 minutes ago, dragn270 said:

I read that you can look at previous 24:24’s to see what’s been offered. What’s the best way to find them? Again, I tried searching for “24:24” it got nothing. 

Google archive, if you're lucky. If not, hopefully somebody has copied the details. Otherwise, you cannot see it on FOH. Only Mods and Admins have that access.

1 minute ago, Fuzz said:

Google archive, if you're lucky. If not, hopefully somebody has copied the details. Otherwise, you cannot see it on FOH. Only Mods and Admins have that access.

Ok, cool. Just trying to get an idea how much some of the boxes go for. Thanks for the info!!

31 minutes ago, dragn270 said:

I was wondering what the boxes in the 24:24 sales go for. Store prices are differen

This is true. Depends on the quality sorted. PSP will command premium prices, for a reason. HQ/PSP next, and then HQ, and clearance can be of any quality in between (between psp/hq). There are usually trends that you'll notice when you watch the 24:24 listings over time. Some people here keep entire records of all 24:24s, so you may be getting a PM from one of them. 

1 hour ago, dragn270 said:

I was wondering what the boxes in the 24:24 sales go for. Store prices are different 

Not sure if we can post potential discount rages in the thread but you can expect to see some discounts when compared to the store prices. To get an exact number, like others have said, you'd need to compare with the store as well as the specified quality (PSP, HQ, Clearance, Seconds, etc.). There isn't really a straight science to it that I've seen. 

With 24:24, you know exactly what you're getting (i.e. quality rating, box code, etc.) where you don't really know when ordering from the store directlt but either way, it's important to note that you'll never get anything "bad" from them. Also, a lot of us love to hear Rob's write ups and intros.

Sometimes, you can even pick up quarter boxes or sampler packs from the 24:24 selection to get your feet wet in a particular line before committing to a full box which is a huge plus!

Another point to note is that some of the selections available in 24:24 aren't always available / in stock within the store itself. 

Not sure if I was able to give you the information you were looking for but I hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Derboesekoenig said:

This is true. Depends on the quality sorted. PSP will command premium prices, for a reason. HQ/PSP next, and then HQ, and clearance can be of any quality in between (between psp/hq). There are usually trends that you'll notice when you watch the 24:24 listings over time. Some people here keep entire records of all 24:24s, so you may be getting a PM from one of them. 

Ok, cool. That’s kind of what I thought but just wanted to be sure. I’ve never bought from a 24:24 sale so I wasn’t sure. Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, Jequan_sparxxx said:

Not sure if we can post potential discount rages in the thread but you can expect to see some discounts when compared to the store prices. To get an exact number, like others have said, you'd need to compare with the store as well as the specified quality (PSP, HQ, Clearance, Seconds, etc.). There isn't really a straight science to it that I've seen. 

With 24:24, you know exactly what you're getting (i.e. quality rating, box code, etc.) where you don't really know when ordering from the store directlt but either way, it's important to note that you'll never get anything "bad" from them. Also, a lot of us love to hear Rob's write ups and intros.

Sometimes, you can even pick up quarter boxes or sampler packs from the 24:24 selection to get your feet wet in a particular line before committing to a full box which is a huge plus!

Another point to note is that some of the selections available in 24:24 aren't always available / in stock within the store itself. 

Not sure if I was able to give you the information you were looking for but I hope that helps.

Yeah I looked at the monte’s that are up now and then looked at the store and the 24:24 ones are at a damn good discount. I’ve already tried them so I’m trying to resist buying and wait for something I haven’t had yet. Thanks for your help!

2 hours ago, dragn270 said:

Ok, cool. That’s kind of what I thought but just wanted to be sure. I’ve never bought from a 24:24 sale so I wasn’t sure. Thanks for the help!

Just observe what prices are listed on the 24:24.  There's nothing more reliable than your own knowledge.  Then you can judge whether you want to purchase from a 24:24, at what quality level/value, or the FOH store.  A few weeks of watching what goes on and you'll get the hang of it, no probs.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm new to FOH and I placed my first order on the 24:24 deal last Wednesday, April 24.  Reading all of the Q&A and such it says 99% of the time your order will go out the following week.  I haven't received a tracking number yet, does that mean I'm one of the unlucky 1%? .. not the 1% status I was hoping for.. hah hah..

Or is there somewhere else I should be looking for the tracking besides my email?

48 minutes ago, skylan01 said:

So I'm new to FOH and I placed my first order on the 24:24 deal last Wednesday, April 24.  Reading all of the Q&A and such it says 99% of the time your order will go out the following week.  I haven't received a tracking number yet, does that mean I'm one of the unlucky 1%? .. not the 1% status I was hoping for.. hah hah..

Or is there somewhere else I should be looking for the tracking besides my email?

That particular week was a hell week for businesses in Aus. School holidays, right after Easter (Good Friday and Easter Monday are public holidays), plus the ANZAC Day public holiday on the 25th, you have 7 working days out of 10... and most people take time off to have a 10 day long weekend (take 23rd, 24th and 26th off). Even though the team were working on the 25th, they need a bit of time to catch up.

9 hours ago, Fuzz said:

That particular week was a hell week for businesses in Aus. School holidays, right after Easter (Good Friday and Easter Monday are public holidays), plus the ANZAC Day public holiday on the 25th, you have 7 working days out of 10... and most people take time off to have a 10 day long weekend (take 23rd, 24th and 26th off). Even though the team were working on the 25th, they need a bit of time to catch up.

Thanks Fuzz, of course I got the shipping notification an hour after posting this.  I was trying so hard to be patient, too..

Just finished reading through all 19 pages of this topic. Great introduction to the Forums and a lot of great information. Now I just need to dial in the 24:24 timing!!! I read the 24:24 guide and have monitored the 24:24 posts over the past 2 weeks, looks like fun.

I do wish sizes (Ring/Length) were listed in the 24:24, but I will become more familiar with the Vitolas and this should be a non-issue.

I've not had any success using the forum search engine for box codes/dates.  I.e. when I input - SEP 16 - I get no results regardless of how I alter the criteria for the search or whether I put it in quotes or not.  Has this been disabled, or am I just not figuring out the right method?

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, TTP21 said:

I've not had any success using the forum search engine for box codes/dates.  I.e. when I input - SEP 16 - I get no results regardless of how I alter the criteria for the search or whether I put it in quotes or not.  Has this been disabled, or am I just not figuring out the right method?

Thanks!

Unless you know something about this that I do not, WHICH is very possible? I never heard of using the forum search engine for box codes/dates. 

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 10:20 AM, UB83 said:

Just finished reading through all 19 pages of this topic. Great introduction to the Forums and a lot of great information. Now I just need to dial in the 24:24 timing!!! I read the 24:24 guide and have monitored the 24:24 posts over the past 2 weeks, looks like fun.

I do wish sizes (Ring/Length) were listed in the 24:24, but I will become more familiar with the Vitolas and this should be a non-issue.

Just copy and paste what you are looking at on 24:24 into google quickly and then click on any cigar link. It will tell you the size. 

25 minutes ago, TTP21 said:

Thanks!

Search function does not work for 3 letter combinations. You are better off using Google and typing in "friendsofhabanos" "box code" and you should get the results you're after.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jal154 said:

Just copy and paste what you are looking at on 24:24 into google quickly and then click on any cigar link. It will tell you the size. 

Thanks. That is what I have been doing, however, it seems that in the cut- throat world of 24:24 I may not have the time. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UB83 said:

Thanks. That is what I have been doing, however, it seems that in the cut- throat world of 24:24 I may not have the time. :)

Oh I get it! ? but you will become more familiar and if need be........QUICKER at doing that! ?