• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Newcomers only.  No question will go unanswered. No smartarse comments, no reference to using the search engine. We will answer each and every one...as many times as necessary  We were a

This is good policy.    If "newb" questions bother you, better to move along rather than offer up snarky comments.

Make sure the RH in the box (and the room it is in) is lower than that of your humidor! Especially if it has been raining for a few days. People sometimes forget or don't realise their home could have

4 hours ago, Puro_Lover83 said:

When going through the Pipeline thread, El Pres often mentions “14 or 30” etc...is that business days, regular days? Thanks.

Good question. It's an estimate, and based on everything I've seen, I assume: 14 = sometime in the next 14 calendar days, rough estimate.

Interesting, I also live in St. Augustine. Small world....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

Good question. It's an estimate, and based on everything I've seen, I assume: 14 = sometime in the next 14 calendar days, rough estimate.

Interesting, I also live in St. Augustine. Small world....

Small world indeed! Happy to connect in person sometime.

• Like 1

just read the whole thread and had at least 5 newbie questions answered, this is a great way to find information without asking newbie questions that have already been answered 

thanks FOH members that took time to answer all these questions 

On 11/11/2019 at 10:54 PM, DolceVita23 said:

I just got a newair cc100h wineador today. I cleaned it out according to the instructions with baking soda and distilled water. For the humidification I ordered a cigar oasis Excel 3.0 which is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Can I use the cigar oasis to successfully season my new humidor or would I be better of using the distilled water method?

You can certainly use a cigar oasis to season your wineador (you wouldn't be the first, anyway).  I think the newair instructions will tell you to fill the reservoir (water dish) with distilled water and leave it until the RH reading on the unit reaches 5 degrees above your desired RH, so you'll probably want to fill the cigar oasis with distilled water and set it 5 degrees higher than your desired RH.  When the newair unit reads 5% higher than your desired RH, turn the cigar oasis off and wait for the RH in the unit to stabilize.  When the resting RH in the unit is satisfactory, adjust the cigar oasis settings to the appropriate level and you should be good to go.  This method will probably require you to pay a bit more attention than using the water dish, but the fans should speed things up a bit.

Is there a dedicated "Trading Room" ? I haven't reached the required post count yet, but I see mention of a place to trade but don't see it so I'm wondering if this is a specific subforum that I don't have access to yet, or I'm just an idiot. Thanks.

42 minutes ago, Jaesian said:

Is there a dedicated "Trading Room" ? I haven't reached the required post count yet, but I see mention of a place to trade but don't see it so I'm wondering if this is a specific subforum that I don't have access to yet, or I'm just an idiot. Thanks.

A. You need to have 100 posts to post a trade.

B. You need to have 100 posts to respond to a trade.

C. You need to be a member for a period of six months to trade at all.

10 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

A. You need to have 100 posts to post a trade.

B. You need to have 100 posts to respond to a trade.

C. You need to be a member for a period of six months to trade at all.

Thank you. I saw that I needed 100 posts, but I just wasn't sure if trades needed to be initiated in a specific place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richardw said:

Is there any difference between a blue or black factory/date stamp? I have only seen a black stamp and my new box of partagas E2 was stamped blue and looked odd. Thanks 

Yep. One is blue, the other is black. Other than that? Nope. :lol3:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably making the biggest noob blunder, but I have looked all over and can't find an answer. I understand the 24:24 grading system. Do the boxes which don't make the cut end up in the "blind" store? Are the blind store selections made up totally of boxes that didn't make the 24:24 cut? Or, if buying blind, do we have a chance of getting a box/boxes that run the gamut? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Rabbi said:

I'm probably making the biggest noob blunder, but I have looked all over and can't find an answer. I understand the 24:24 grading system. Do the boxes which don't make the cut end up in the "blind" store? Are the blind store selections made up totally of boxes that didn't make the 24:24 cut? Or, if buying blind, do we have a chance of getting a box/boxes that run the gamut? Thanks.

Negative. Orders made through the store aren't guaranteed which grading you'll get, but you can absolutely be sure that they are top quality. They go so far as to take out the bad lot that they receive completely and sell them discounted to bars and such. It has been mentioned before but I don't recall when/where. I've never received anything but the best quality here

I just made my first order. The more seasoned members stepping up to answer questions patiently is the biggest reason I ordered here. A hearty thank you to everyone.

I do have another question. Have I misunderstood the 24:24? I thought the update would have hit a couple of hours ago. I am certainly in no rush and I doubt I’ll be buying right now, I am just curious.

38 minutes ago, Rabbi said:

I just made my first order. The more seasoned members stepping up to answer questions patiently is the biggest reason I ordered here. A hearty thank you to everyone.

I do have another question. Have I misunderstood the 24:24? I thought the update would have hit a couple of hours ago. I am certainly in no rush and I doubt I’ll be buying right now, I am just curious.

In around 20 minutes from the timing of this post. Monday and Friday 24:24s are listed 2 hours before.

2 hours ago, richardw said:

I just checked my bottom row and fearful they might be lost. Read that not all green spots are mold. This is a young JUL 19 Part E2. Hope the pics come out okay. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

I personally haven't seen green mold, but that could just be my experience (I've generally only worried about white = mold). Some veteran may chime in, but I've come to understand that the green spots you are showing are most likely water spots or areas of underfermentation and therefore have remained green. 

Either way, I'm sure that these are good to smoke and enjoy :)