2 hours ago, Rabbi said:

Is there a “technical difficulty/support” thread posted/pinned anywhere? Using the search engine, I got a hit for technical support for the auctions. It looked as if that thread was when the auctions first went live. My issue with checking out was cleared up quickly, but I ran afoul of the rules by asking about it in the 24:24 thread.

One other 24:24 question; where can I find my orders through Diana archived? Everything I have purchased through the stores, including 24:24 offerings show in “my orders,” but nothing I bought through email.

A huge shout out and thanks to all who have helped,

Rabbi

Hey Rabbi, 

The forum technical issues thread is here https://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/forum/17-forum-technical-issues/

Anything related to the shopping cart just shoot me a PM. 

Orders made by email are not reconciled in the store. You will need to keep track of that yourself. 

Regards, 

Ben

• Like 1

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Newcomers only.  No question will go unanswered. No smartarse comments, no reference to using the search engine. We will answer each and every one...as many times as necessary  We were a

This is good policy.    If "newb" questions bother you, better to move along rather than offer up snarky comments.

Make sure the RH in the box (and the room it is in) is lower than that of your humidor! Especially if it has been raining for a few days. People sometimes forget or don't realise their home could have

14 minutes ago, bayala said:

Hey Rabbi, 

The forum technical issues thread is here https://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/forum/17-forum-technical-issues/

Anything related to the shopping cart just shoot me a PM. 

Orders made by email are not reconciled in the store. You will need to keep track of that yourself. 

Regards, 

Ben

Thank you, Ben.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 8:25 AM, Rabbi said:

Thank goodness. I thought I would be taxed beyond my ability. I can put a box down for as long as needed, but asking me not to smoke at least one Siglo IV or Monte#2 ROTT, calls for more willpower than I will ever possess.  ???

I’ve been swamped sorry for the last response, ? You will see the difference as time passes! ??

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jal154 said:

I’ve been swamped sorry for the last response, ? You will see the difference as time passes! ??

No worries, mate.

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2020 at 2:21 AM, captaincaveman said:
Can I use a visa or amex gift card to purchase in the carts/on 24:24?

Yup.

On 1/10/2020 at 1:17 PM, richardw said:
image.thumb.jpeg.bc3a67a11b157f3819e913f1496cac0e.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.180ea315062b7f3cb4d11cb8dd2051fc.jpeg
Ijust checked my bottom row and fearful they might be lost. Read that not all green spots are mold. This is a young JUL 19 Part E2. Hope the pics come out okay. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

On 1/10/2020 at 2:20 PM, Jaesian said:
I personally haven't seen green mold, but that could just be my experience (I've generally only worried about white = mold). Some veteran may chime in, but I've come to understand that the green spots you are showing are most likely water spots or areas of underfermentation and therefore have remained green. 
Either way, I'm sure that these are good to smoke and enjoy

Yup - water spots / fermentation “birthmarks”. Water spots are covered a bit in some threads on here, as well as various Habanos coffee table books. Harmless, doesn’t affect anything but looks.

On 1/10/2020 at 2:49 PM, Jaesian said:
If those were mine, I wouldn't think twice about throwing them in with their friends. To be safe, you could always gently wipe it to see if it goes away. If it does go away, it was mold lol. But my guess is that nothing will happen, you'll forget about these and never worry about those spots in the future.

Not mold. You’ll know blue-green mold when you see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I am just idly wondering through some of the areas I have missed throughout this wonderful site and hit a mental snag. Everything I have seen so far leads me to believe the Cuaba brand is held in low esteem by most, if not all, FOH members. However, there is currently a box of 10 Cuaba Piramides up for auction with a current bid that is higher than I would have guessed. Are there particular years or codes/dates of Cuabas that were of exceptional value, or is the box in question more highly prized solely because it is 12 years old?

6 hours ago, Rabbi said:

I am just idly wondering through some of the areas I have missed throughout this wonderful site and hit a mental snag. Everything I have seen so far leads me to believe the Cuaba brand is held in low esteem by most, if not all, FOH members. However, there is currently a box of 10 Cuaba Piramides up for auction with a current bid that is higher than I would have guessed. Are there particular years or codes/dates of Cuabas that were of exceptional value, or is the box in question more highly prized solely because it is 12 years old?

The Cuaba Piramides LE '08 is the only Cuaba worth smoking in my opinion. Never got much enjoyment out of the others in the Cuaba line, but the LE stood far above, in terms of quality and flavour. I only have one lone cigar left, and I wish I had another box.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fuzz said:

The Cuaba Piramides LE '08 is the only Cuaba worth smoking in my opinion. Never got much enjoyment out of the others in the Cuaba line, but the LE stood far above, in terms of quality and flavour. I only have one lone cigar left, and I wish I had another box.

This.  I tried other singles and boxes of Cuaba offerings - just didn't ring my bell.  I do have a couple of aged Cuaba Diademas that I keep around (I think they are called that - giant "A"-format sized Cuaba sticks, foil wrapped and in a single wood-coffin packaging).

But I have 2 and a half boxes of the Piramides LE around still.  I think some of those are the vacuum-sealed / long-term-aging experiment boxes too.  I'll have to revisit them again soon!!!  Phenomenal cigar, great value for money, great packaging size and format, etc. - this was back when the EL releases were usually REALLY great, in my recollection!

• Like 1

Hey I got a question, I am lighting my first Cohiba Robusto I got a few months back and I am noticing I am having some issues with it staying lit, requiring me to relight it a bit (3 times so far...).  I am keeping them in a tupperdor with two 65% boveda.  Is that too high? I did not dry box it, i did take it out a few hours before smoking it.  Should I get 62%? I do plan to age the rest for longer and reading round seem 65% is the right level for aging but I am doubting myself.

Hello All!

I have a few questions I was hoping I could get answered here:

1. When ordering a box of PSP/HQ (mix) is there anyway to tell what you received when it comes in? I know that the video showed Rob signing the PSP, and members have said that process no longer exists, but I didn't know if there was any identifier. I am new to this, and relatively new to the hobby, so the small (although significant) differences between PSP and HQ will most likely be imperceptible to my untrained eye/nose but thought it would be nice to know either way.

2. What is the correct method of introducing the cigars ordered from FOH 24:24 into my humidor? I wasn't sure if I should quarantine them or if I need to freeze them to avoid losing any stock? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated and I would love to hear opinions! I currently have my RH sitting at a steady 65, and temperature at 69 (sometimes 70 on a warmer day).

3. Is there any need to worry about the cigars RH or temperature while they are shipping from Australia to me? I didn't know if this was an issue for anyone else?

I am very excited for my first box to come in and just want to make sure I am following the proper protocol so I can have the best first experience possible! Thank you in advance for all that respond to this, all advice is much appreciated! Very glad to be a member of FOH!

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, Benz1209 said:

Why do Australian residents have to pay much more than international residents?

Sadly, it is due to annual increases in tobacco duties every September by the Australian Federal Government. There is also an annual CPI increase every March.

https://www.ato.gov.au/business/excise-and-excise-equivalent-goods/tobacco-excise/

1 minute ago, JohnS said:

Sadly, it is due to annual increases in tobacco duties every September by the Australian Federal Government. There is also an annual CPI increase every March.

https://www.ato.gov.au/business/excise-and-excise-equivalent-goods/tobacco-excise/

Ik it's a shame, luckily this is the last year of it.

How come overseas residents don't need to pay the duty even though the cigars are here in AUS? Just wondering...

2 hours ago, Benz1209 said:

Ik it's a shame, luckily this is the last year of it.

How come overseas residents don't need to pay the duty even though the cigars are here in AUS? Just wondering...

Whilst the annual 12.5% increase is scheduled till 2020, there is no guarantee the Govt won't impose it for another 4 years. The first 12.5% increase program was meant to end in 2016, but was extended till 2020. This is in addition to the biannual CPI increases in Feb and August (this also applies to alcohol).

Duty is not paid on cigars that are sold and shipped overseas. Duties paid on cigars warehoused in Aus, that are then sold overseas, are claimed back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

Whilst the annual 12.5% increase is scheduled till 2020, there is no guarantee the Govt won't impose it for another 4 years. The first 12.5% increase program was meant to end in 2016, but was extended till 2020. This is in addition to the biannual CPI increases in Feb and August (this also applies to alcohol).

Duty is not paid on cigars that are sold and shipped overseas. Duties paid on cigars warehoused in Aus, that are then sold overseas, are claimed back.

Thank You

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2018 at 7:44 PM, luv2fly said:

No worries.  Prodigy is correct.  There is also a time and post threshold for the trading forum.

Welcome aboard!

What there is a trading forum as well...........what are the thresholds ?

3 minutes ago, Pigpen said:

What there is a trading forum as well...........what are the thresholds ?

You need to be a member for six months and have a post count of 100 posts to trade and respond.

28 minutes ago, JohnS said:

You need to be a member for six months and have a post count of 100 posts to trade and respond.

That could kill my credit card.........cheers for the heads up

New here thinking of placing a order from the states want to take my collection and my experience to a new level any suggestions or helpful comments would be greatly appreciated. 

51 minutes ago, Jroc said:

New here thinking of placing a order from the states want to take my collection and my experience to a new level any suggestions or helpful comments would be greatly appreciated. 

you are going to need to be way more specific. give an idea of styles, sizes, flavours you enjoy, and i have no doubt you'll have endless suggestions.

if you are starting completely from scratch, i'm sure you'll also get lots of help for a starter sampler. 

and welcome to the forum. 

12 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

you are going to need to be way more specific. give an idea of styles, sizes, flavours you enjoy, and i have no doubt you'll have endless suggestions.

if you are starting completely from scratch, i'm sure you'll also get lots of help for a starter sampler. 

and welcome to the forum. 

Thanks ken I like a robusto or a Madura something with full flavor 

I am thoroughly confused on the timing of 24:24. I'm pretty new to ordering. I've ordered a box or two. But 24:24 has always caught my eye. However I can never figure out when it's dropped.. I'm eastern time in USA. I swear I just read that today's drop would be at 8-830 pm New York time(EST). Now I just checked at like 7:45pm because I remember they usually post the forum thread before they actual drop the stock...And to my dismay i missed the 24:24.

So what I'm getting at, is there an actual set schedule to these 24:24 or am I left to hoping the stars are aligned and I log in at the correct time. 

40 minutes ago, FourLeaf said:

I am thoroughly confused on the timing of 24:24. I'm pretty new to ordering. I've ordered a box or two. But 24:24 has always caught my eye. However I can never figure out when it's dropped.. I'm eastern time in USA. I swear I just read that today's drop would be at 8-830 pm New York time(EST). Now I just checked at like 7:45pm because I remember they usually post the forum thread before they actual drop the stock...And to my dismay i missed the 24:24.

So what I'm getting at, is there an actual set schedule to these 24:24 or am I left to hoping the stars are aligned and I log in at the correct time. 

If you go off Brisbane (AEST) time you'll never miss one. Monday and Friday 8:30am. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10:30am .