• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Newcomers only.  No question will go unanswered. No smartarse comments, no reference to using the search engine. We will answer each and every one...as many times as necessary  We were a

This is good policy.    If "newb" questions bother you, better to move along rather than offer up snarky comments.

Make sure the RH in the box (and the room it is in) is lower than that of your humidor! Especially if it has been raining for a few days. People sometimes forget or don't realise their home could have

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Newbies welcome in Zoom? Would love to pop in and have someone to smoke with but don't yet know any of the fine folks here in the forum. 

• 2 weeks later...

Are 24:24's not happening on Wednesdays?  what's the most updated calendar?

I never see the threads even when I am on time -I know a few recently have been done in the INT STORE.  

I'm assuming "regular" 24:24's get posted in the forum "the water hole" not pinned, just as a regular thread?

1 hour ago, Hedgefund13 said:

Are 24:24's not happening on Wednesdays?  what's the most updated calendar?

I never see the threads even when I am on time -I know a few recently have been done in the INT STORE.  

I'm assuming "regular" 24:24's get posted in the forum "the water hole" not pinned, just as a regular thread?

If they weren't up, you were too early. It's a pinned post and went up on time today:

The times listed on the 24:24 guide are correct. Just use the AEST time reference because they don't use DST.

You need to be a member for six months and have a post count of 100 posts to trade and respond.

Does it happen automatically or do you need to request it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

To @Elpresidente or anyone who know: on 24:24 box codes what if anything is the difference between Mostly and Mostly* (with an asterisk). I get that it means they aren’t all as listed but notice the asterisk added sometimes and wonder what that’s about. 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon everyone. I am new here and trying to wrap my head around the 24:24 concept and I think I’ve got it, I just have one last question.
When viewing the thread and seeing the listings, I see in there that obviously at the top each listing, it will say “ALL SOLD” if it is sold out, however, down at the bottom of some of the listings, it will then say a cost for boxes of 6, but won’t say “ALL SOLD”. Does this mean that there are still bundles of 6 to buy even though the boxes of 25 are sold out? I apologize if this has already been asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blame Covid. Rob hasn't been down to the PCC warehouse to grade all incoming stock (unless he wants to stay in Sydney for the foreseeable future, as QLD has mandated all NSW return travel into mandatory 14 day quarantine... at your own cost). That is not to say boxes are not checked before shipping, everything is still checked.

This is only my assumption, re the missing grading.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and cuban cigars.

I've been a cigar smoker for 12 years but have only had a handful of cubans. My favorite brands are Padron, My Father, Tatuaje, Opus X, and litterally anything from Illusione. As you can see i mostly smoke med-full bodied Nicaraguans.

I'd like to get more into cubans but I really don't know where to start. From my understanding, most cubans need a lot of age to be enjoyed? I'm good at aging cigars (aka i'm patient and have good self restraint). I have 10+ year old cigars in my collection, so my worry isn't with the waiting process. It's knowing what to buy. I figured I could buy some singles, but how can I tell if I like a cigar enough to buy a box and age it to it's full potential, if it's not going to be very good when I first get it to try it?

Do I need to buy a bunch of singles and wait 3-4 years to try them, then buy a box of one i like and wait another 4+ years to smoke them? Or is the whole "needs to be aged" thing a myth?

The only cuban I know I enjoy is the Partagas Serie D no.4. I had one and it was good so I bought a couple to rest. But I like to try different things and would love to find my favorite. But how can I find my favorite if I can't smoke anything for years? It's all very overwhelming. Does anyone have any tips on where to start?

I like spicy/sweet/creamy med-full to full bodied cigars mostly. Anyone have any advice? or is there a better spot for me to post this?

Thanks,
DavefromPhilly

Get some samplers to try. As long as you give them a nice rest after shipping, you should be good to go and start tasting. As with all hand made products, try not to base your preferences on just the one sampling of a particular cigar. It will take time to understand what you like. Take your time and enjoy the journey.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Get some samplers to try. As long as you give them a nice rest after shipping, you should be good to go and start tasting. As with all hand made products, try not to base your preferences on just the one sampling of a particular cigar. It will take time to understand what you like. Take your time and enjoy the journey.

Thanks Fuzz. What would you consider a good rest after shipping? A month or two to acclimate?

Also while I have you. Is inspecting the cigars before selling common practice, or is that something unique to FOH? The one thing I really don't have to worry about with quality NC's is consistency, so that has me a bit hesitant as well.

Edited by davefromphilly
forgot to quote

2 hours ago, davefromphilly said:

Thanks Fuzz. What would you consider a good rest after shipping? A month or two to acclimate?

Also while I have you. Is inspecting the cigars before selling common practice, or is that something unique to FOH? The one thing I really don't have to worry about with quality NC's is consistency, so that has me a bit hesitant as well.

30 days is normally recommended. And Cubans tend to smoke better at a lower RH (low 60s) to NCs.

Just as you would never buy a car sight unseen, so to should you never buy cigars uninspected (ie no sealed boxes). A good seller should be opening the box to check for mold/damaged cigars before shipping. And while the FOH team do inspect every box, no-one checks every cigar in the box. Have a read of the grading process that Rob goes through and watch the vid. When you can't inspect them yourself, having an experienced hand looking at them for you is the next best thing.

2 hours ago, Fuzz said:

30 days is normally recommended. And Cubans tend to smoke better at a lower RH (low 60s) to NCs.

Just as you would never buy a car sight unseen, so to should you never buy cigars uninspected (ie no sealed boxes). A good seller should be opening the box to check for mold/damaged cigars before shipping. And while the FOH team do inspect every box, no-one checks every cigar in the box. Have a read of the grading process that Rob goes through and watch the vid. When you can't inspect them yourself, having an experienced hand looking at them for you is the next best thing.

Yes! That's why I asked. I was reading about the grading system and haven't seen it anywhere else (in the short time i've been looking into this). It's very comforting.

Thanks for answering my questions I really appreciate it. Going to grab some singles and a sampler or two and get my hands dirty over the next few months.

I’m fairly new here (bought some years ago and am back buying more often from 24:24). 

Does FOH have a brick and mortar retail shop to visit or is it purely internet based? 
I always read the Pipeline supply thread and the responses appear to be strictly when the product in question will appear in 24:24 listings. Is that where most of what’s received in the master cases is sold? Another way of phrasing is: is what you guys’ receive first offered on 24:24 and what remains goes to the online store pages? 

How do your orders from PPC work? Do you request anything and everything, do you just receive what you can? 

Excuse my ignorance

No B&M. FOH HQ is not open to the public.

24:24 is the pick of the crop (eg quality, quantity, what is smoking good right now, etc), so to speak. Cigars in the online store is pot luck in terms of quality, but nothing below PE (ie no crap).

Asking about how FOH operates is like asking about the inner workings at the skunk works. Best left to the imagination... though, with some of you guys, those imaginations are a little too freaky to be posted here... or anywhere for that matter. :P

• 2 weeks later...