1 hour ago, moneyneversleeps said:

As I understand it, 24:24 will be on the website and not the forum on Mondays and Fridays.  Is that correct?  So I will just need to go to the international store and click on 24:24 to see the offerings on these days?  Thanks.

Use the website for ordering 24:24 & 24:72 on Mondays and Fridays, respectively. The cigars will still be posted on the forum for viewing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Newcomers only.  No question will go unanswered. No smartarse comments, no reference to using the search engine. We will answer each and every one...as many times as necessary  We were a

This is good policy.    If "newb" questions bother you, better to move along rather than offer up snarky comments.

Make sure the RH in the box (and the room it is in) is lower than that of your humidor! Especially if it has been raining for a few days. People sometimes forget or don't realise their home could have

I’ve a question on the online store 

what’s the difference in quality between the 24/24 to the store ? Is it that the cigars that  don’t make the cut for 24/24 are sold through the store ? I’ve noticed a cigar shown in the store that we have not seen in the 24/24 for a while, why would that happen ? 

thanks 

54 minutes ago, Cigarsmoker81 said:

I’ve a question on the online store 

what’s the difference in quality between the 24/24 to the store ? Is it that the cigars that  don’t make the cut for 24/24 are sold through the store ? I’ve noticed a cigar shown in the store that we have not seen in the 24/24 for a while, why would that happen ? 

thanks 

See my post a few posts up.

4 minutes ago, Amanj said:

Question to all fellow Canadians who have purchased from 24:24 / foh before: how much duties were paid on your last order? TIA, just trying to do my due diligence before taking the leap! 

From 0 to 150%

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2020 at 5:15 PM, Amanj said:

Question to all fellow Canadians who have purchased from 24:24 / foh before: how much duties were paid on your last order? TIA, just trying to do my due diligence before taking the leap! 

I will pm you as discussing this may be against forum guidelines.

Quick question on boveda packs I’m sure there are threads on this but I didn’t find it

i used boveda 65% and the cigars tend to be dry, run a bit hot and harsh so I moved to 69% which is unfortunately too humid so I ended up dry boxing them the problem is I can’t find ideal time I played around with it from 2-24 hours and still didn’t get consistency ( as probably each cigar is different ?) 

I use resealable bags to store my cigars so  it’s air tight environment 

any advise on how to store them without the need to dry box them ? Thanks ? 

1 hour ago, Cigarsmoker81 said:

Quick question on boveda packs I’m sure there are threads on this but I didn’t find it

i used boveda 65% and the cigars tend to be dry, run a bit hot and harsh so I moved to 69% which is unfortunately too humid so I ended up dry boxing them the problem is I can’t find ideal time I played around with it from 2-24 hours and still didn’t get consistency ( as probably each cigar is different ?) 

I use resealable bags to store my cigars so  it’s air tight environment 

any advise on how to store them without the need to dry box them ? Thanks ? 

Resealable bags are not air-tight. Use air-tight tupperware boxes.

Put 2 of the same cigar in separate tupperdors, stored with a different boveda, and leave for 30-60 days. See how they smoke after the 30-60 days.

Just joined so be gentle LOL.

Question - if Rob is not grading the 24:24 product due to COVD, then how is 24:24 different from what you get in the carts (other that the time ordering constraints)?

Also looking at ordering 2 of each marca to get a feel for flavor profiles.  Since these are singles, can I assume they are more closely inspected than boxes?  Also, is there any production dates on singles or do I just assume CY2020 and adjust future smoke dates based on that year.

Thanks

3 hours ago, xsquid said:

Question - if Rob is not grading the 24:24 product due to COVD, then how is 24:24 different from what you get in the carts (other that the time ordering constraints)?

Sometimes he is still grading just less often. Descriptions are more up to date and box codes. And prices are almost always better on 24:24.

Edit: though I have noticed that if something doesn't sell out on 24:24 sometimes that becomes the new price on the carts.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 9:02 AM, Cigarsmoker81 said:

Thanks I’ll try that ?

I use storage or freezer bags for long term storage (+1-3 years) in my wine fridge. One box 10 or 25 and one freezer bag plus a Boveda bag. I prefer 65 or 62 for long term storage then bring them up to 70'ish for smoking (though I have a few at 69 for now). I check the rH ever week or so to make sure I don't have any issues and keep fridge at 60. Thus far it has worked well. If my collection grows much more though I will have to invest in a full fledge wineadore.

15 hours ago, curt1brown said:

I use storage or freezer bags for long term storage (+1-3 years) in my wine fridge. One box 10 or 25 and one freezer bag plus a Boveda bag. I prefer 65 or 62 for long term storage then bring them up to 70'ish for smoking (though I have a few at 69 for now). I check the rH ever week or so to make sure I don't have any issues and keep fridge at 60. Thus far it has worked well. If my collection grows much more though I will have to invest in a full fledge wineadore.

Very useful, thanks 

I used 65 in a freezer bag in an air conditioned room yet I noticed couple of weeks later that the shine is gone  from the wrapper and when I picked a cigar up  it would crack, is that because humidity is too low ? 

Newbies always have endless questions ?

10 minutes ago, Cigarsmoker81 said:

Very useful, thanks 

I used 65 in a freezer bag in an air conditioned room yet I noticed couple of weeks later that the shine is gone  from the wrapper and when I picked a cigar up  it would crack, is that because humidity is too low ? 

Newbies always have endless questions ?

I think freezer bags are not airtight so humidity was low. I'd go with Tupperware or freezer bag in Tupperware.

• 2 weeks later...

New to the FOH and glad to have found the forum and this thread

I'm new to CC's and new-ish to cigars in general.  Most of my NC favorites are lanceros (tatuaje, warped, illusione)...trouble is I don't always have 75-100 minutes to commit to enjoying these 38-40 gauge works of art. So like many of you I'm often in situations where I only have 30-60 minutes for a smoke so I also tend to smoke a lot of half coronas, panetelas, etc.  I like smaller ring gauge cigars....short ones most of the time, and lanceros/lonsdales when my schedule allows.  

I'd love to buy a few boxes of cohiba lanceros, fundies, MC Esp No. 1, etc (+ then sit on them for 2-6 years) but I'm relatively new to this and on a civil servant salary.

I guess I'm looking for advice for :

Good "bang for your buck" quarter-boxes or 10's that i should jump on next time they pop up on 24:24?

Are there any smaller gauge cigars that are fine to smoke in the next year or two, or even sooner?

should my first box purchase be MC Especial #2?  

Thanks in advance

Jim 

So I’ve been running into this problem a lot lately and I’m wondering if you guys have any solutions for me

some of the cc I’ve been having have a bitter sharp taste, it burns well and ashes hold up nicely, every now and then I’ll taste the familiar profile that I usually do but then it disappears quickly. 

both of those boxes have two years on them and i gave a friend two sticks of each and he said they taste fine

Is it a storage problem ? Any other suggestions of what could it be ?

On 11/10/2020 at 11:28 AM, Cigarsmoker81 said:

It could be you. Happened to me earlier this year. Started smoking more due to covid work from home and at some point I couldn't taste much and the retrohale was all ammonia. Thought it was storage since I dropped my humidity but it was me. Took a break and now I can taste again even though I am now smoking just as much.

There can be many things causing you to get weird taste buds. Any recent changes in your health or lifestyle?

3 minutes ago, Bijan said:

It could be you. Happened to me earlier this year. Started smoking more due to covid work from home and at some point I couldn't taste much and the retrohale was all ammonia. Thought it was storage since I dropped my humidity but it was me. Took a break and now I can taste again even though I am now smoking just as much.

There can be many things causing you to get weird taste buds. Any recent changes in your health or lifestyle?

Good point I was on antibiotics and someone pointed out it has an effect on their taste buds! 

I’ll take a break for a bit 

thanks for the advice ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, new to this forum and just started indulging in cigars. I have a storage problem. I live in the tropics with room temperature between 80 to 85 dF and RH between 75% to 80%. Being cheapskate, I've decided to store my stash in a tuppedor at room temperature, so temperature control is beyond me. What should I control my RH at? I've read the posts by Piggy about higher RH at higher temp and his 3:1 rule. Does that mean I should be setting my RH at around 75% at 85 dF? 

On 11/6/2020 at 10:01 PM, mariospeedwagon said:

New to the FOH and glad to have found the forum and this thread

I'm new to CC's and new-ish to cigars in general.  Most of my NC favorites are lanceros (tatuaje, warped, illusione)...trouble is I don't always have 75-100 minutes to commit to enjoying these 38-40 gauge works of art. So like many of you I'm often in situations where I only have 30-60 minutes for a smoke so I also tend to smoke a lot of half coronas, panetelas, etc.  I like smaller ring gauge cigars....short ones most of the time, and lanceros/lonsdales when my schedule allows.  

I'd love to buy a few boxes of cohiba lanceros, fundies, MC Esp No. 1, etc (+ then sit on them for 2-6 years) but I'm relatively new to this and on a civil servant salary.

I guess I'm looking for advice for :

Good "bang for your buck" quarter-boxes or 10's that i should jump on next time they pop up on 24:24?

Are there any smaller gauge cigars that are fine to smoke in the next year or two, or even sooner?

should my first box purchase be MC Especial #2?  

Thanks in advance

Jim 

Keep an eye out for some Montecristo No 5.

On 2/21/2018 at 3:43 PM, El Presidente said:

For Newcomers only. 

No question will go unanswered. No smartarse comments, no reference to using the search engine. We will answer each and every one...as many times as necessary :D

We were all in your position once. I hope you will be answering these questions in the years to come. Welcome :thumbsup:

Thank you for the kind policy. I have a stupid question. In order to participate in 24:24, I was told to write down a forum handle. Can you explain what a Forum handle is?

4 hours ago, Soso said:

Thank you for the kind policy. I have a stupid question. In order to participate in 24:24, I was told to write down a forum handle. Can you explain what a Forum handle is?

Your forum handle is another way of saying your userID.  So yours would be "Soso"

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2020 at 10:28 AM, Cigarsmoker81 said:

So I’ve been running into this problem a lot lately and I’m wondering if you guys have any solutions for me

some of the cc I’ve been having have a bitter sharp taste, it burns well and ashes hold up nicely, every now and then I’ll taste the familiar profile that I usually do but then it disappears quickly. 

both of those boxes have two years on them and i gave a friend two sticks of each and he said they taste fine

It could also be that you have been smoking too fast. Maybe try to draw a bit slower and wait longer between draws.