On 11/25/2020 at 4:34 AM, JWTan said:

Hi All, new to this forum and just started indulging in cigars. I have a storage problem. I live in the tropics with room temperature between 80 to 85 dF and RH between 75% to 80%. Being cheapskate, I've decided to store my stash in a tuppedor at room temperature, so temperature control is beyond me. What should I control my RH at? I've read the posts by Piggy about higher RH at higher temp and his 3:1 rule. Does that mean I should be setting my RH at around 75% at 85 dF? 

85 dF is really high, in this case you want to lower the RH by alot. However, high temperature generally increase the speed of aging. The cigars might lost flavor too fast.

Humidity-Chart.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Newcomers only.  No question will go unanswered. No smartarse comments, no reference to using the search engine. We will answer each and every one...as many times as necessary  We were a

This is good policy.    If "newb" questions bother you, better to move along rather than offer up snarky comments.

Make sure the RH in the box (and the room it is in) is lower than that of your humidor! Especially if it has been raining for a few days. People sometimes forget or don't realise their home could have

• 4 weeks later...

Young, rough around the edges, sometimes has a little too much spunk and slaps you around, but you can see the diamond beneath it all... unless it ends up being a cubic zirconia.

Think of a young PLPC. Packs a wallop when young, flavours can be muddled or disjointed but they are there beneath it all, and if not careful it will beat you like you were a redheaded stepson. However, over time it mellows, the rough edges smooth over, the flavours come together in a harmonious chorus and those flashes of caramel brilliance come home to roost. Instead of a steel gauntlet, the slap is with a velvet glove coated in caramel.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Count of Montecristo said:

Hi there, My question is can CC’s turn sour? I’ve heard people complaining about their cigars being really sour on YouTube with Romeo Y Julieta  cigars,  I’m experiencing something very similar with Montecristo, and it’s not just a little bit twangy, it’s really really sour.  Thanks!

Sourness: No Marque has a mortgage on sournes. 

Known reasoning for sourness:

• The cigars can be too high in moisture content (many inew to CC still store their cigars at above 70% RH)
  • The cigars have not been rested long enough. 
  • You can have a bad blend (particularly if that cigar is 3 years+)
  • You have had a recent ailment (cold/flu) or you are coming down with one. 
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was part of a panel tasting and giving thoughts on the Canadian RE LFdC Siboney in Havana quite a while before it was released. That was the most sour cigar I have ever had. Likely it was just rolled but I had never experienced that in a cigar before or since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, therealrsr said:

What does the "mostly" designation in the PCC mean?

You mean in a 24:24 listing? That would most likely mean that the boxes have been sourced from the Asia-Pacific Habanos cigar distributor, Pacific Cigar Company (i.e. PCC), out of Hong Kong.

'Mostly' refers to the box code, as in most of the box code would be the one quoted in the listing but some may be different.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FutureSpa said:

They came from a trusted vendor, I just really wanna know what happened to the sticker.

Are you talking about the green sticker with the serial number and barcode plus hologram?

Edit: You mean the habanos sticker on the right hand corner put on diagonally? That one probably fell off. No one would care...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FutureSpa said:

I received a box of RyJ Churchills. Its missing the Habanos DOP seal on the box. It doesnt have any residue or anything either. Do they fall off? Is it Cubans being Cubans?

Welcome to the Forum.

It is customary to introduce oneself here, before requesting assistance from the Forum.

2018 Monte 2. Looks like a good sign and quick internet search stated smoking cigars with bloom are great because they are in an “optimal state.” Question is: smoke them now? I have a solid inventory and was looking to add another year or two before digging into this box. Any downside in waiting? 

B4EA1930-C4DC-4E64-AB7C-C895B97E24E7.jpeg

37 minutes ago, richardw said:

2018 Monte 2. Looks like a good sign and quick internet search stated smoking cigars with bloom are great because they are in an “optimal state.” Question is: smoke them now? I have a solid inventory and was looking to add another year or two before digging into this box. Any downside in waiting? 

B4EA1930-C4DC-4E64-AB7C-C895B97E24E7.jpeg

Just wipe off the mold and enjoy. Or age for a few years longer. Nothing wrong with either choice. But wipe them off whatever you do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve looked far and wide on this site, but I can’t find any details on the location of all these Cubans. Where are they stored and shipped from? Please don’t say China...

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone,

First of, thank you for all that wealth of information, knowledge, feedback and sarcastic humor. Been tasting Habanos for the past 20 years and just discovered about FOH, never too late...

Quick question directed to Canadian members about 24:24: could you PM me please re: feedback about getting your stuff from 24:24 in Canada. Duties, taxes and other delights of the like worry me and keep me from pulling the trigger on some good stock.

Thanks in advance and cheers to all!

L

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 1:24 PM, NapaNolan said:

Hey all!

Haven’t logged in for a few years, I’m not seeing anything in the store aside from the Desnudos, am I missing something?

A lot has changed due to the Covid-19 pandemic and its related supply issues for distributors out of Cuba.

Have a read of the following and you'll be 'up to speed' in no time!

• Like 3