49 minutes ago, JohnS said:

A lot has changed due to the Covi-19 pandemic and its related supply issues for distributors out of Cuba.

Have a read of the following and you'll be 'up to speed' in no time!

Thanks for the link. Just to clarify, the only way to buy from FoH now is the twice weekly 24:24? There’s no general stock any more?

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Newcomers only.  No question will go unanswered. No smartarse comments, no reference to using the search engine. We will answer each and every one...as many times as necessary  We were a

This is good policy.    If "newb" questions bother you, better to move along rather than offer up snarky comments.

Make sure the RH in the box (and the room it is in) is lower than that of your humidor! Especially if it has been raining for a few days. People sometimes forget or don't realise their home could have

7 minutes ago, NapaNolan said:

Thanks for the link. Just to clarify, the only way to buy from FoH now is the twice weekly 24:24? There’s no general stock any more?

There's no purchases via the INTERNATIONAL store for the time being. Currently, 24:24 is conducted Tuesday to Thursday at the normal time and on Fridays two hours earlier. There's no more 24:24 on Mondays at the moment until things change.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, JohnS said:

There's no purchases via the INTERNATIONAL store for the time being. Currently, 24:24 is conducted Tuesday to Thursday at the normal time and on Fridays two hours earlier. There's no more 24:24 on Mondays at the moment until things change.

Thank you for the clarification!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DoubleSh0t said:

I’m having a hell of a time convincing my dad to join me in my ventures on this website. For reference he has thousands and thousands of cigars, New World, and probably upwards of 100-200 Cubans. He acquired them maybe 25 years ago It has been aging them and humidors ever since.

Cigar aficionado has the Montecristo number two at $32 a stick, for $327 for a box of 25 that comes out to around $13.20 per cigar if you’re lucky enough to get one on FOH.  He saying based on price alone it just makes him super suspicious, not only that but it’s online. Now I’ve done a ton of research on Reddit, as well as many other websites, spoken to many people have smoked Cubans  for over 30 years and can validate the cigars are in fact authentic without question. How do you guys go about convincing other people that are suspicious about all the fake, and counterfeit Cuban cigars out there? Especially the old-timers, he’s 65 years old not 35, he doesn’t do the same kind of research that I do. I’m excited because I definitely want to pick up a box or two for him to enjoy, but I don’t want his experience to be soured by suspicion.

Any information, or anyone who has been through a similar situation, I would love some input. For the record I have absolutely zero doubt that I found the right place. Finally a home where I can find exactly what I’m looking for and all the trust in the world along the way. I just am struggling to sell that message to my pops!

EB02E1F5-A679-4949-B13E-37E58C063D4F.jpeg

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/ - is a great resource for learning about the packaging, warranty seals and other ways to identify genuine cuban cigars. 

http://yulcigars.blogspot.com/ - shows the price of boxes when purchased from official stores in Cuba which is as close to a universal base price that you can find. $32 a stick for a Monte 2 sold as a single in a B&M is very different to an online retailer selling a full box who will have less overheads and/or operate in a duty-free environment. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MattxG said:

For 24:24 - What credit cards are accepted?  Is the payment system secure?

It is secure. Visa/Mastercard/Amex all work as far as I'm aware. But don't try Diners Club, Discover or Bankcard. Di might laugh too hard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

This is a super helpful thread! Thanks' to all so far - found my Amex Q that I had already answered above. I have seen this discussed elsewhere but just to be sure - for the 24:24 pricing the prices are given in USD and AUD (which dont align in conversion). Is this because the AUD rates include taxes etc? So if we purchase internationally we should use the USD rate as our reference? 

2 other final quick questions: 

• Do some of out more learned members have any suggestions where newbies can best hang out and listen in to get to know members and soak things up? My guess would be the watering hole but all suggestions welcome
  • Lastly how do the majority of members feel about the chatbox? As a younger member I love a good IM but don't want to spam the feed with discussion if that might tick off some

AUD price is purely for Aussies, as they include our ridiculously high tax. USD is used for all purchases from outside of Aus.

As for your other Qs:

• Hop on the Zoom meetings and just hang out with everyone else, keep reading the Forum, and just ask Qs when you need to know something (but stay off the taboo topics)
  • I don't use the chat, but others do. Read, participate and you'll get the feel of the flow.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

You're new, so I will direct you to the Rules.

Rule 4 No Discussion Of Shipping

Shipping is not discussed on the forum. It is a core rule and has been so since inception and always understood by members.

Posts regarding shipping, regardless of who it is about, will be deleted immediately. Mods will enforce.

Contact your supplier directly to answer any questions or issues regarding shipping.

Any references to shipping or pictures of parcels (worse) is an automatic forum 30 day ban and a permanent FOH purchasing ban. 

3 minutes ago, HondaCanada said:

Hi! Newbie here! For the 24/24 Sales that happen in the waterhole forum is there a new thread that will be started each time items are posted for sale? 

Yes, that's correct. It is commonly pinned in the waterhole forum too.

• 2 months later...

Total newbie to this hobby.  The amount of information shared on this forum seems incredible and while I've been lurking for a bit, I know I've just scratched the surface.  Something that comes up a lot for newbies in some of my other hobbies is 'get samples'.  It's overwhelming the number one suggestion for new members across the board.  As I get into starting this collection I'd like to get some samples as well.  I've picked up sampler packs before for NC, but they seem to be much rarer for CC.

Seeing a bunch of the comments about all of the supply issues totally makes sense in this word and I've seen it across so many of my hobbies.  Are samples for CC not as common or is this just a product of the supply issues?  I've seen them come up some time looking at 24:24s(albeit only a few that I've spotted), do they come up frequently?  Is there another reputable way of getting samples?

Also, totally different question, when people have NC and CC at the same time where the relative humidity should be different do they use two different humidors?  Or just store everything at CC values and call it a day? 

Lastly, but related, how do folks keep track of hold old a cigar is once it's out of the box?  If you've got lets say 2x quarter boxes of Monte Cristo No2, 6 that are 5 years old, 6 that are 1 year old, how are folks telling them apart?

25 minutes ago, JustDave said:

Also, totally different question, when people have NC and CC at the same time where the relative humidity should be different do they use two different humidors?  Or just store everything at CC values and call it a day? 

NC's tend to be best at 70RH.  CC's between 62-65RH.  Definitely keep them in separate humidors as the NC's can/will affect the CC's.

25 minutes ago, JustDave said:

Lastly, but related, how do folks keep track of hold old a cigar is once it's out of the box?  If you've got lets say 2x quarter boxes of Monte Cristo No2, 6 that are 5 years old, 6 that are 1 year old, how are folks telling them apart?

Most people buy those blank, adhesive bands and jot down the box code on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 3:37 PM, JustDave said:

If you buy part of a box on a 24:24 does it come with anything that would tell you the factory/date information?  

No.  You'll want to make note of the factory/date code that's associated with the listing in the sale thread when you make the purchase. 

I've made a habit out of reply emailing the codes to myself from the sale confirmation email from Diana, and then archiving the emails.  That way I have an electronic record of codes for partial orders. Once the sticks arrive I use small note cards to keep track of them in the humidor. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am new to the 24:24 setup. I read the guide and think I understand how it works but I just wanted to clarify the timeline for the Tuesday July 26 24:24. 

The guide lists 10:30am Brisbane time on Tuesday. I live in California. So that would be around 5:30pm my time on Monday, not on Tuesday? 

Also, are there the shopping cart sales on Monday and Friday or is there only the 24:24 T-Th? 

Thank you! 

Edited by TheRealBay
I left out another question that I had.

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

and ten years in front of nsw. 

You lot still believe daylight saving will fade the curtains, confuse the cows when to give milk, increase the rate of skin cancer and cause men to have their morning glory on the bus ride to work.

• 2 weeks later...

What RH should I keep my Habanos on? And what time is the daily selection list posted? Thanks.