Your February 2018 cigar Awards

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best Montecristo No.2 from 2003. Just a wonderful smoke.

Best -  2015 Partagas Short. Superb, rich smoke.  Bought at Delhi Airport duty free. Tried one in the smoking room. So blown away I bought a second box with the same box code.  Worst - 2015

Best—2013 Sancho Panza Non Plus-was a salty stunner in what’s been a box of really good cigars. Worst—2015 CORO Tubos smoked a few days ago. Middle was passable, but paying the premium the whole d

Best: Upmann Magnum 46 (don’t have the code handy, but it was mid 17). A strong cigar, but loaded with flavor, and great construction. Top notch.

Worst: Rocky Patel Edge Sumatra. I’m not trying to crap on Rocky.

I enjoy some of his cigars, including most of the Edge varieties. I don’t know if I got a bad example,  but this cigar just tasted funky, and I ditched it early.

Honorable mention (best): RyJ Churchill (ESL Jun 17, I believe) Lopez Seleccion No. 2 (Ene 17), Fuente Rosado Sungrown Magnum R 52, LFD Cabinet Maduro.

Best: Sancho Panza Belicosos, no code, single purchase.

Worst: Non-Cuban Romeo y Julieta crap. Gotta get rid of that stuff too somehow ;)

Overall it was a slow month with the weather around here. Looking forward to spring!

Best: A '16 SigloVI that I brought back from my trip to Havana. I try one about every 2 months, and they're just getting into their own now.

Worst: a "farmie" that I picked up from my local B&M.

Best: Trinidad Reyes BMP Jun 16

Worst: Actually, "Least Enjoyable " is more accurate. RyJ PC EAG May 15. I was in an off mood and an ordinarily reliable cigar gets sent to the lawn early and written up here. 

Worst : H Upmann half corona (ENE 16) - I’ve had a few of these but too many have seemed to have fire proof wrappers. 

Best: Connie A (Nov 16 I think) 

Best: SOM Nov 16 Cohiba Siglo III (Just in front of a ESL Jun 17 Montecristo No.1)

Worst: MEL May 17 Montecristo No.2 (Not really that bad...just a little average due to its youthfulness!)

Best - ETP May 17 Partagas Lusitanias. Not so much because it was such a stellar example (not sure), but because it was my first. I seriously didn’t think a DC could be better than my recent HdM’s. I swear the Lusi took the best tastes from the HdM DC, Sir Winston, and an RyJ Churchill and melded them all together. Fantastic.

Worst - RAE Ago 15 Punch Punch. This 50 cab has been mostly disappointing so far. I’m starting to wonder if time is going to turn things around. Just took a core sample a few weeks ago. They smell fantastic, but bitterness seems to plague each one. And several have been dismally underfilled.

Best: Upmann Mag 48 2009 LE, don't know why but I was not expecting much, it was simply amazing.

Worst: Monte Edmundo SMO Mar 12, wind tunnel, lacked the core Edmundo flavours I usually get from these.  

Best:  Monte 4 OLE ABR 14 PE  2014 Monte 4s have been exceptional

Worst:  Punch Punch OPG FEB 14 PE   Just got the box from OLH.  I smoked the first one on the same week, and nothing like the 2013s I had.  Maybe needs to sit in my humidor for few months.

Best: Bolivar Royal Corona ETP JUL 15, just a very good BRC with excellent construction and burn.

Worst: Cohiba Siglo II PTR NOV 16, not bad but not much flavor, atypical.

Best: RyJ Belicoso ASU JUL 16. Third one out of the box, had had time to settle in the humi for a month or so and was beautiful on a sunny cold Sunday afternoon..

Worst : RyJ Cazadores ORG MAR 16. Not the cigar's fault. Didn't dry box it, damp evening, damn thing went fireproof then unravelled. Still enjoyable enough though...

Best = PLPC no date - acquired from our host in a previous sampler. The smoke, the mood, the weather and atmosphere all came together for a fantastic experience

Worst = Siglo II - EOT Feb 17 - just a big nothing all the way around

What a difficult determination to make.  What with the brutal Canadian winters here in the "Arctic Circle" I have only had the opportunity to smoke 2 cigars in the month of February! :(

Best: Rafael Gonzalez Perla (TUO DIC 12)

Worst (but a close second): Montecristo No. 5 (AUB JUN 13)

• Haha 1

Best was a 2016 MdO 4 I smoked a couple days back. Would be almost perfect if it just had a bit more depth. As far as worst....didn’t smoke anything bad or even close to it! But only smoked a few sticks in that time as baby duty and smoking, surprisingly, have not gone hand in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

BAD - RnJ Churchill OBM MAY 17 - terrible contruction, tight draw, unravelling, awkward flavor, barely noticeable aroma...yuk!

BEST - Por Larranaga Monte Carlos TOS FEB 17 Mild in strength but very complex flavors...a fantastic smoke. This is also the cheapest long filler Cuban I smoke cept the RG PERLAS

Best - Monte Double Edmundo EAG May 15
worst - (NC) Joya de Nicaragua Magnum 660 - flavors were sugar covered cardboard
I have a 10 count box of secretos that were horribly bitter. It's been 7 or 8 months now and they are finally enjoyable. Underfilling may not resolve itself, but there is a chance the bitterness will go away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Best- ERDM Demi Tasse olm June 15.  Smoked last night and it was a home run for the 25 mins it lasted.

Worst- Romeo de Luxe sum oct 15. Flameproof wrapper even after dry boxing and no complexity when it does actually burn.  Almost ready to give up on the rest of the box.