Video Review - Trinidad La Trova LCDH

Ferrero

3 hours ago, Monterey said:

Might I recommend investing into some microphones :)

They have enough difficulties turning the camera on and off and you think they'll be able to handle a microphone as well?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MrGlass said:

They have enough difficulties turning the camera on and off and you think they'll be able to handle a microphone as well?

no no no no no.

not they. stephen spoilberg is in charge. i only wish that we had film of his efforts, week after week. 

definitely not they. 

That's a cracking t-shirt you have there Ken!! Also, looks like you are well stocked there by the looks of those crates just inside the door, or is that 'work'??

55 minutes ago, IPORTER said:

That's a cracking t-shirt you have there Ken!! Also, looks like you are well stocked there by the looks of those crates just inside the door, or is that 'work'??

that is work.

the t-shirt on the back of the chair was a kind gift from rob but i was forbidden from wearing it in a vid. for obvious reasons. technically, i did not wear it in a vid. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Monterey said:

Microphone's are like 15 dollars, we can take up a donation for the cause!  I wonder how much great wisdom I've lost out on due to periods of low volume talking.  I'm sure I would be so much smarter!

The problem is the complexity of dealing with two things to turn on and off.

EDIT: ...Which I mean in the nicest possible way.  :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, planetary said:

The problem is the complexity of dealing with two things to turn on and off.

EDIT: ...Which I mean in the nicest possible way.  :D 

no offence at all (remembering "not they, him".

i read the above post and got as far as , the mikes cost $15". i thought it really would not matter if they were 15c or 15 million. the issue is getting them to work. you are dealing with a man who dropped his remote control in a bucket of water. half the time we don't know if it is recording or not. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

no offence at all (remembering "not they, him".

3 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

half the time we don't know if it is recording or not. 

:whip:  :fuel:  :D

27 minutes ago, MrGlass said:

:whip:  :fuel:  :D

there is nothing contradictory there? 

rob runs the camera and all matters pertaining to it. we, as in him, me and anyone else who might be there, have no idea if it is working. am i missing something?

look at it this way. i know nothing about cars so my car mechanic services my car. we don't know if he has done a good job or not. any difference? 

LCDH releases tend to be quality ones and they also enjoy an 'extended life'. (For example, the 2009 H.Upmann Noellas and 2010 Ramon Allones Superiores.) 

I concur, give the La Trovas a little rest prior to sampling, after all, they are young. Also, although they are currently difficult to source due to initial demand, I have every confidence they will return in increased numbers to satisfy consumers.

https://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/cigar/list?types=lcdh-exclusive-release&sortorder=releaseyear

After sampling my first La Trova (RAG Ago 17) on Friday night, I am in agreement. It's an excellent cigar that will likely become stunning with just a bit of age on them. A very luxurious smoking experience. It's just so soft and creamy. I suspect another 6 months+ worth of aging will add richness and maybe some sweetness as well. Construction, burn and draw were impeccable for such a massive cigar.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Judging by recent 24;24 listings, Trinidad seems to be going very well indeed. Sure, the 2016 Topes LE sold out quickly and the La Trova LCDH is in short supply (at the moment) but Fundadores, Reyes and Vigia figures consistently in the last few months on 24:24. On a personal note, I've been loving some recent 16/17 Fundadores!

18 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Judging by recent 24;24 listings, Trinidad seems to be going very well indeed. Sure, the 2016 Topes LE sold out quickly and the La Trova LCDH is in short supply (at the moment) but Fundadores, Reyes and Vigia figures consistently in the last few months on 24:24. On a personal note, I've been loving some recent 16/17 Fundadores!

The good thing about the Topes is that they are turning them into regular production