Best young CC

So it seems the general consensus is that CCs like the Monte 2 require some patience to get the best experience. 

With that being said, what’s the best bet for a good, young smoke to bide your time while those that need a long rest are in hiberanation?

• Like 1

I like the experience of smoking my cigars at all ‘life stages’. I think all benefit from age. 

The PLPC and RASS are go-to smokes for me. I love both aged and young.  The PLPC transforms with 5years of age but I like the mongrel taste of them when young just as much  

• Like 1

I’ve had really good luck with Partagas young and old.  Partagas Shorts and Serie D4, nearly identical to me in all but size, are good examples.  

I had a young Juan Lopez 2 recently and was really impressed.  Romeo y Julieta WC I’ve only had young and that’s one of my favorites of any marca.

I can tell you which marcas need absolutely no less than 3 years and ideally 5 years of age:  Bolivar, Por Larranaga, Montecristo.  I’ve just not enjoyed them young at all.  In fact I had a two year old PL Picadores yesterday and it was way too overpowering that I got none of the typical caramel flavor.  It was a huge disappointment!

I don't smoke enough of current production to make that call. I will say I've been really enjoying recent production Diplomaticos No.2. Best option is to get a sampler and see what you like for freshies. Rob has some killer ones.

La Fuerza, Regios, Serie E, Customs, Dip 2, Conn A.....have had all good luck w these fairly fresh

This exactly. Will add the only Cohiba I like young (less than 3 years) is Siglo 2 and sometimes CCE although they both benefit greatly from aging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Mag 46 is a great young stick!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I find most have potentially ok smoking taste and puff in year one. Then the weird smell or taste comes around from the natural chemicals in the leaves, and the cigars must go to bed for a couple of years or longer.

Of course we do try a couple and the box just goes away, but hey, interesting!

I have to say, my fave this year are the QDO 50’s.

CB

• Like 1

Every box of Trinidad Vigia's I've had after a month of acclimation are very good.

I’ve had very good experiences with young bcjs. I tend to smoke one from each box the day it arrives. Partly because I’m just excited/impatient, partly because i like to have a baseline to compare against. They always change with time. It’s nice to know what they’ve changed FROM. 

Plmcs and plps have been very good to me ROTT as well. I blow through PLs so quickly though, I’ve rarely let a box sit in the humidor more than a month, lol. 

• Like 2