Best young CC

There's a lot of variables at play too. Two different boxes of the same cigar can behave differently. For example I have a 10 ct box of cohiba secretos that were unsmokeable when I first got them, now 6 months later they are approachable. Ive tried some even fresher ones from the clearance special Rob had on them, and they were some of the best I've ever had. Same with punch punch. Another member had a box that was, and still is, borderline nasty. My boxes have all been great, including rott. I think the key to discovering what's good or not fresh, is sampling one and deciding for yourself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Was thinking about this as well as i read the 24:24 and see the descriptions noting how great they will be after a few years. It seems to depend on the cigar and your tastes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Smoking a fresh monte 2 right now, Nov 17 with 30 days acclimatized. Definitely needs time down and won’t touch these for at least 6 months to test the waters again. I find M2 need age to be great.
Upmann is a Marca I find to be very approachable young. I have a box of ENE 17 HUPC already smoking great. HUHC are great young. And Connie As are good to smoke young as well.
RASS as others have mentioned are good with a year or so and I am not sure if it’s just me but BBF are awesome young if you like power. But they turn into beauties with 5 plus years on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I generally don't buy single boxes.  Usually two boxes or more at a time so I can I smoke a box at my pleasure and put at least one away.  I also smoke almost every order I get, after a period of 30 days of rest, ROTT.  I want a baseline.  

With respect to best young CC, I don't know that there are any regular production that are BAD, but there are certainly some that are "wasted" when smoked young.  Are you going to toss a recent production H Upmann Sir Winston or Romeo y Julieta Cazadores away half way through?  Nope.  But are you jumping the gun?  Big time. 

But that's just one guy's opinion. 

Oh put me down for the Juan. Lopez Selección No. 2 when young. 

One of my favorite cigars in general is the PLPC. I bought a PSP cab about 6 months ago from Rob and they've been smoking amazing, definitely going to order another cab or two to lay down long term soon.

Also just smoked a clearance Boli tubo 1 ROTT and it was magnificent. I'm not at home but these were maybe from 2016, but boy was it good. Flawless delivery of bakers chocolate, leather, rich espresso and a just a tinge of creaminess. It was everything I want a Bolivar to be but with finer delineation than the Petit and Royal Coronas. I think right now my humidor is dominated by Bolivar, and for good reason. Boy does Simon make a great cigar!

On 3/10/2018 at 3:22 AM, crking3 said:

Right how young are we talking !?

We still have no definition of what is a "young cigar" yet everyone is talking about them.

Agree @Fugu. Especially if you have lots going on to choose from and been at it for a while. So we put some straight into storage and no touch.

Some boxes are cracked out just for us or one or two friends we know. I joke about DNA testing before smoking ‘em. 

Lots newer or a few years old to share with visitors or everyday..

Part of the thing, you know?

CB

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 9:50 AM, mikem2780 said:

So it seems the general consensus is that CCs like the Monte 2 require some patience to get the best experience. 

With that being said, what’s the best bet for a good, young smoke to bide your time while those that need a long rest are in hiberanation?

I don’t think anyone has mentioned acclimation, or a rest period,  after receiving your cigars.

There’s a pretty good chance that your cigars will only be a shadow of their potential selves if you smoke them as soon They arrive.  Just delivered cigars can be very moist. They also suffer from jet lag. It’s important to let them dry out to a degree of wetness, moisture content, that you prefer. Something like 62% is a good place to start. Thirty days is a bare minimum to acclimate your newly delivers beauties. The humidity thing is huge. Wet cigars can smoke harsh for years. So even if you buy a cigar that is recommended as one that is good young you need to follow what is often called the thirty day rule. Put it in storage at at 62%RH for a month, minimum. This is probably the most important advise I ever got about Cuban Cigars. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, joeypots said:

I don’t think anyone has mentioned acclimation, or a rest period,  after receiving your cigars.

Well you've certainly made sure it has been mentioned now....:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Well you've certainly made sure it has been mentioned now....:rolleyes:
The fourth time really made it sink in lol

• Haha 1

Connie a is superb fresh.

Totally agree! Had a Connie A last weekend for the first time and it was sublime ... I know what my next box purchase is going to be!

I had my first Upmann Connie 1 today from 2016 and it would not be one I recommend young based on that one stick, but as others have said Connie A is nice young.