1 Box from Cuba

So I have a friend who will be visiting Cuba in May and has offered to pick up a one box of cigars for each of his friends.  Is there anything in particular that I should ask him to pick up?  My first thoughts were to ask him to search for a box of H. Upmann Sir Winstons.  Would anyone have a ballpark range of what 1 box of Sir Winstons would go for in USD?

Much appreciated for any input!

39 minutes ago, Isaac said:

If it were me I would ask for sir Winstons, or grab two boxes of Cohiba Talisman for the price of one everywhere else.  

This.... If he can find them 

If not, Sir Winston’s are always a good choice 

The Winnies appear to be available right now, so that isn't a bad bet. He may be able to find some of the LCDH releases at amazing prices, hoyo elegantes at $70, RA Sups at $56, Noellas Jars at $122 and change, La Trovas at whatever their price is. The really expensive/hard to find stuff never hits the shelves at the Havana LCDH's, it goes straight from the back humidor to the repeat/regular and high dollar customers. Think Talisman, BHK, Reserva/GR and the like. The stock rotates pretty quickly though, so don't get yourself set on a certain box, disappointment will surely follow. Make sure to add at least 10-15% to the cost of the box from Yul Cigar for currency exchange and general hassle/mule fees. I don't know how versed your friend is in cigars, but a quick list of a few options, along with the expected price for each will go a long way.

• Like 2

Trini Fundys for $261 if you can find them. RA Superiores for $56 is one of the best deals also. 

The other great bargains IMO are the HU Noellas and Party Chicos. HU Connie A for $203 is pretty good also. 

Plenty of Sir Winstons on the shelves during the festival. 331 cucs per box. I suppose plus 10% or so when paying in US dollars.

Usually it's 3% to use a credit card. As long as your credit card works in Cuba, i.e. not a US bank issued card.

Try the shop at Club Habana.

Trinidad La Trova, 150 cuc for a box of 12. Very hard to find.

Talisman, 331 cuc (as well) for a box of 10. Also very hard to find.

I didn't see any Noellas this year (122 cucs for the jar), there were a couple of jars left last year.

I did see quite a few San Cristobal Torreon jars on the shelves at 498 cucs per jar. Good price. The shop at the Conde de Villanueva had 3 or 4 of these jars.

• Like 2