HANDICAPPED BOXPASS 2018 - Complete!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Skydiving day with my stepmom. Got the email. Will respond this afternoon. ??

I’m looking at it like this...I’m trying a few cigars I haven’t before. If I put some of my humidor into the pass and if someone else gets to take one for a taste, all for the greater enjoyment of th

8 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

It warms my heart to hear that everyone got so much out of this. After my incredibly fortunate entry into this hobby 23 years ago, and all the love that’s been shown to me over the years, I wanted to give something back to the community.

So many people were so helpful in making this event fulfill that dream for me. Now hopefully someone like @BlackFriar or @awkwardPause can carry the torch and make the ‘handicapped format boxpass’ a perennial event, so we can continue to expose more newbies to the generosity and camaraderie of the wonderful cuban cigar smoking community. I have an extensive collection of data, procedural templates, and logistical records to pass on to whoever decides to try and manage another event based on this format. It’ll take me a while to coalesce the ‘big data’ into an easily-searchable format, but I’ll get it done eventually. 

If my legacy is that I created a template for future community-building events, I will be a very happy man. 

Thanks again, everyone. 

Now I’ve finally reached my destination in Anchorage (for those of you who’ve been following my other thread) and am about to begin a long and hectic fall/winter work season. I probably won’t be active online as much as usual, until spring rolls around again, but I’ll be gleefully watching for another handicapped event to take place. 

Thanks again buddy

• Like 1

Thanks to @shaffer22 for this wonderful MAY 2005 Ramon Allones Eminencia Regional Edition ??.

One of the very best cigars I have ever smoked! Thanks 

873BAAF7-6B56-4641-B1B0-D9939B75C933.jpeg

0912287D-CC70-494E-A954-0D85E4359BC7.jpeg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

@JohnS please feel free to un-pin this. Despite my best efforts, noone seems willing to carry the torch on a second run. That said, if anyone ever does decide to run another handicapped pass in the future, my offer stands to assist in planning and logistics. I think the format worked really well for getting newbies involved, and still kept it fun and interesting for vets. I know a lot of newbies would be interested in participating in another handicapped pass, as plenty have reached out to me about it. I’m just not quite up to the task of doing it again any time soon, as it was quite the labor of love. 

• JohnS unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

@JohnS please feel free to un-pin this. Despite my best efforts, noone seems willing to carry the torch on a second run. That said, if anyone ever does decide to run another handicapped pass in the future, my offer stands to assist in planning and logistics.

Done, as requested. ?

• Like 1

Rummaging through the remnants of the pass and realized I never got around to posting this. One of you fine gentleman left this in there as a gift for me. Thank you. I can’t for the life of me, though, determine who left it - nor can I track down any info on this sucker online. Maybe it was labeled, but in the storm of the final inventory the label got lost? Several hundred cigars laid out on a table... things can get mixed up 

Same for a 10ct box of Dunstable Cervantes. 

Would whoever left these 2 gifts for me be so kind as to pm me with some further info?

32431A54-BA00-4A3C-B7B2-92BC4DA9A337.jpeg

D5A34858-8ACF-4C02-A83B-681FE2AB71EF.jpeg

3DA25016-AE85-4A15-A4E7-A54B4D071BCF.jpeg

4A9D7757-1463-4853-BC4C-79A04614BC59.jpeg