HANDICAPPED BOXPASS 2018 - Complete!

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Skydiving day with my stepmom. Got the email. Will respond this afternoon. ??

I’m looking at it like this...I’m trying a few cigars I haven’t before. If I put some of my humidor into the pass and if someone else gets to take one for a taste, all for the greater enjoyment of th

56 minutes ago, awkwardPause said:

Great work on this CFC1016 and everyone else that has assisted thus far. Big thanks to you all and I’m really looking forward to what will be my first pass!

So who likes White Owls? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Huge shoutout to @jerrybrowne @awkwardPause And @Wertman for generously offering to let me trade/buy small quantities of select items from their stock. I had a lot of really good sticks lined up already, but thanks to these guys, I should have a solid starting lineup for the pass ready to roll by the end of the month. 

So I’ll ask - newbies - do any of you have an objection to getting the ball rolling on this ahead of schedule? Say around the end of this month? Take into account, the box will take months to make its way to all of you. Also if you want extra time, there’s no harm in detouring the box’s route a little bit to push your positions back in the order a little bit. 

Chime in, folks. Who’s up for an early start?

ps I’m still waiting to hear from @BOSCO and @shaffer22 . I need you guys to send me your info so i can plug you into the route calculations. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zking said:

I'd like to get in if I'm not to late, I am a newbie.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah I can get you in there as a newbie. I'll add you into the group PM with the instructions for participation.

Please do not hesitate to get the requested email out to me so that I can incorporate your information into the logistics.

• JohnS pinned this topic

Newbies - do you guys have any questions about the process (that I didn’t already answer in the group PM)? 

Need recommendations on cigars to buy to prepare for the pass?

This whole thing is aimed not only at helping you improve the variety/quality of your collection, but helping you to amass a greater understanding of the hobby as a whole. I began this hedonistic pursuit in 1995. In addition to enjoying heaps and heaps of really great (and some NOT so great) cigars, I’ve been fortunate to glean some really fascinating information and anecdotes from those who have come before me. 

This is a great arena for those of us with a breadth of personal experience to share that with those who are more green in their journey.

I had the great fortune as a young cigar enthusiast, of having a highly experienced mentor. He exposed me to a TON of incredible cigars and knowledge, as well as assisting me in refining my palate. 

I now have the fortunate opportunity to pay that generosity forward with my girlfriend. We shared a bcj on our first date. She’s gone gangbusters since then. We set her up a humidor, bought her her first box, set her up with equipment. I’ve shared a host of cigars with her in that time. We’ve trained her palate and sussed out what sorts of flavor profiles she’s partial toward. I’m getting her a few special boxes of perlas and seoanes (she likes the small formats) for her birthday. Even more than the pleasure of smoking a cigar, I delight in the opportunity to curate her forays in this hobby with really spectacular stock. 

I want to do the same for all of you - to the extent that i can. I’m sure the other vets here are on board with that as well. I’m going to make sure this pass starts with a bang. There’s going to be some amazing sticks in there. More importantly, though, will be the knowledge you’ll be able to glean from the vets. 

So what do you guys want to know? In addition to broadening your collections, how can we help to expose you to more knowledge? 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Weaponiz'd1 said:

Cool stuff. Been a while since I've been on.

If there's an opening in the Warren Texas area, feel free to fit me in.

I'd say newbie, but lucky enough to score several aged beauties pres has offered.

We’re capped off on newbies, but I could actually use another vet in texas to help me break up a consecutive block of newbies in that state. Shoot me a pm

11 minutes ago, cfc1016 said:

Slot opened up for a newbie. Still no word from @Weaponiz'd1 

Anyone want to hop on board?

He's a buddy of mine I'm sure he'll take the slot I'll shoot him a text and let him know you're looking for him.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Weaponiz'd1 said:

I'm in, if the offer stands.

Thanks @Capt. Brett

Just added you into a group pm with the logistics info. Please send the requested email with your information asap. 

Please read all the details in that message. It’s all important, and should answer any questions you may have about the process I’ll be requiring participants to adehere to. 

Thanks  

6 minutes ago, THEMISCHMAN said:

Wait....we’re camping? I thought we were on a cruise?emoji6.png

The cfc1016 loveboat offers amenities for travelers of all persuasions. 

errr... 2018. It IS 2018, right?

A59E0B6F-EEDE-401A-B355-85D9D2714E7B.gif

Edited by cfc1016
Stupid links

• cfc1016 changed the title to *NE* HANDICAPPED BOXPASS 2018
  • JohnS unpinned this topic
  • JohnS pinned this topic