cfc1016

HANDICAPPED BOXPASS 2018 - Complete!

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Weaponiz'd1 said:

Has a start date been set?

I’m gonna try to get the box in the air on monday 🎉

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2018 at 8:53 PM, cfc1016 said:

That’s all the stuff I’ve gotten in since friday. Buncha mixed stuff. Some trades. Some purchases. Some for myself. A lot for the box. Many more already in my humidor that are set aside specifically for the box. It will indeed be a good lineup. First bag on the left, in the second picture - 2 of those will be in the box. Care to guess what they are? 😈

Still have to inventory and point-value everything for the box. Will be a long process. Hoping to be able to get it all processed and out the door to @jsummers157 next week. 

I just finished my last one of those in the bag to the left. The lonsdale was awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well... I lied. Sort of. When I committed to getting the box out by monday, I forgot that I'm going SKYDIVING on monday!! I'm definitely not going to have time to make a trip to the post office that day. Soooo I manned up last night. It took about 4 hours, but I got all the labels written; all the cigars bagged; index completed; and box packed. It hit the air this afternoon and should be on @jsummers157 's doorstep on monday. A couple of the cigars I was initially going to put in had some wrapper damage, so the inventory changed a little at the last minute, but I hope the quantity, quality and variety will still ensure that there's something for everyone. Hopefully every single one of you gets to have an enriching experience. Huzzah!

Cruisers, the ship has left the harbor!!

Here's the starting inventory:

 

NEWBIE BOXPASS INVENTORY AND INDEX:

 

 

  1. Bolivar Coronas Juniors ETP NOV 16 2 POINTS BAG 1 SLOT 1

  2. Bolivar Coronas Juniors ETP NOV 16 2 POINTS BAG 1 SLOT 2

  3. Bolivar Royal Coronas ETP JUL16 2 POINTS BAG 1 SLOT 3

  4. Bolivar Tubos no. 1 ULA JUL 15 4 POINTS BAG 1 SLOT 4

  5. Cohiba Lanceros 2001 10 POINTS BAG 1 SLOT 5

  6. Cohiba Lanceros 2001 10 POINTS BAG 1 SLOT 6

  7. Diplomaticos no. 4 2006 12 POINTS BAG 2 SLOT 1

  8. Diplomaticos no. 4 2006 12 POINTS BAG 2 SLOT 2

  9. Hoyo De Monterrey Double Coronas ROB FEB 17 4 POINTS BAG 2 SLOT 3

  10. H. Upmann Half Corona Original Release SUB ABR 11 8 POINTS BAG 2 SLOT 4

  11. H. Upmann Half Corona TOS SEP 16 2 POINTS BAG 2 SLOT 5

  12. Juan Lopez Selecion no. 2 UTL JUN 17 2 POINTS BAG 3 SLOT 1

  13. Juan Lopez Selecion no. 2 UTL JUN 17 2 POINTS BAG 3 SLOT 2

  14. Juan Lopez Selecion no. 2 UTL JUN 17 2 POINTS BAG 3 SLOT 3

  15. La Gloria Cubana Medaille D’or no. 3 OSU ES 00 10 POINTS BAG 3 SLOT 4

  16. La Gloria Cubana Medaille D’Or no. 4: ETP MAY 17 2 POINTS BAG 3 SLOT 4

  17. La Gloria Cubana Medaille D’Or no. 4: ETP MAY 17 2 POINTS BAG 3 SLOT 4

  18. Montecristo Edmundo: XXX ABR 14 4 POINTS BAG 3 SLOT 5

  19. Montecristo Especiale no. 1 BME JUL 11 8 POINTS BAG 4 SLOT 1

  20. Montecristo no. 4: BRU AGO 10 6 POINTS BAG 4 SLOT 2

  21. Montecristo no. 4: BRU AGO 10 6 POINTS BAG 4 SLOT 3

  22. Montecristo no. 4: BRU AGO 10 6 POINTS BAG 4 SLOT 4

  23. Montecristo no. 4 ULA DIC 14 4 POINTS BAG 4 SLOT 5

  24. Montecristo Petit Edmundo AMO ABR 16 2 POINTS BAG 5 SLOT 1

  25. Partagas 898 varnished: BLP OCT 08 8 POINTS BAG 5 SLOT 2

  26. Partagas 898 Varnished BLP NOV 08 8 POINTS BAG 5 SLOT 3

  27. Partagas Lusitania OBM ABR 16 4 POINTS BAG 5 SLOT 4

  28. Por Larranaga Petit Coronas UEB AGO 17 2 POINTS BAG 5 SLOT 5

  29. Por Larranaga Petit Coronas UEB AGO 17 2 POINTS BAG 5 SLOT 5

  30. Punch Coronas 1995 16 POINTS BAG 6 SLOT 1

  31. Quai D’Orsay Coronas Claros ETP OCT 15 4 POINTS BAG 6 SLOT 2

  32. Quai D’Orsay Coronas Claros ETP OCT 15 4 POINTS BAG 6 SLOT 3

  33. Rafael Gonzalez Perlas Original Release ROE JUN 11 8 POINTS BAG 6 SLOT 4

  34. Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas: UAL JUN 15 4 POINTS BAG 6 SLOT 5

  35. Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas: UAL JUN 15 4 POINTS BAG 6 SLOT 5

  36. Ramon Allones Specially Selected LAU MAR 16 2 POINTS BAG 7 SLOT 1

  37. Romeo y Julieta Capuletos LE LAU DIC 16 10 POINTS BAG 7 SLOT 2

  38. Romeo y Julieta Cazadores PAS MAR 02 8 POINTS BAG 7 SLOT 3

  39. Sancho Panza Molinos 2011 10 POINTS BAG 7 SLOT 4

  40. San Cristobal De La Habana El Principe TOS MAY 16 4 POINTS BAG 7 SLOT 5

  41. San Cristobal De La Habana El Principe TOS MAY 16 4 POINTS BAG 7 SLOT 5

  42. Trinidad Reyes RMU FEB 17 2 POINTS BAG 8 SLOT 1

  43. Vegas Robaina Clasicos 2000 10 POINTS BAG 8 SLOT 2

  44. Vegueros Tapados SLE DIC 15 4 POINTS BAG 8 SLOT 3

  45. JohnnyO Cazadores 2018 4 POINTS BAG 9 SLOT 1

  46. La Puntilla 8 POINTS BAG 9 SLOT 2

  47. La Puntilla 8 POINTS BAG 9 SLOT 3

  48. La Puntilla 8 POINTS BAG 9 SLOT 4

  49. FREEBIE NC Casa Cuba Flor Fina FREEEEEEE BAG 9 SLOT 5

 

Looking forward to seeing this baby progress.

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

Edited by cfc1016
forgot the pictures!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all your amazing work on this! Looking forward to it


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PrairieSmoke said:

Thanks for all your amazing work on this! Looking forward to it emoji91.pngemoji91.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My pleasure brother. Thank you for your feedback, helping me to ensure the starting lineup would be accessible and non-intimidating to the newbies. It was a bit of a challenge trying to make sure that there was something for everyone, and noone would feel over/underwhelmed. Quite the balancing act.

A good number of you guys gave me feedback on that, and I appreciate that from all of you. Thanks!

Sidenote: I considered valuing the prominentes (partagas lusitania and hoyo double corona) a little higher, to account for price differential, but ultimately settled on 4 points. Let's just say that's the ultimate bargain! Hopefully a couple of newbies are able to get some great enjoyment from those. The HDM DC is extra special too. That box was a very special birthday gift to me, so that cigar has seriously good mojo in it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn ,,,, the cruise director is none other than Admiral Nelson. Nicely done Sir!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a list of the order to who will get the box next? Did I miss it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, zking said:

Is there a list of the order to who will get the box next? Did I miss it?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 

I’m not carving the order in stone, since so many people have summer travel plans. 

I am, however, contacting each person in line, a week or two ahead of when I will expect the box to reach them, to confirm availability. 

Fret ye not. Have faith in thine cruise director. ps it’ll be a good while til the box reaches you personally. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jal154 said:

 

Refer to the pinned ‘newbie boxpass2017/2018’ thread and read through it, to get a feel for how a boxpass works, as that pass has already gone around. Also I explained the entire process in pretty exhaustive detail in the introductory post of this thread.  

Also we hit the registration cap here a while ago. I saw that @CrankYanker is lookinge for more people to join the next round of that boxpass, which he is managing. You would most likely be able to hop on board there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2018 at 5:18 PM, cfc1016 said:

Well... I lied. Sort of. When I committed to getting the box out by monday, I forgot that I'm going SKYDIVING on monday!! I'm definitely not going to have time to make a trip to the post office that day. Soooo I manned up last night. It took about 4 hours, but I got all the labels written; all the cigars bagged; index completed; and box packed. It hit the air this afternoon and should be on @jsummers157 's doorstep on monday. A couple of the cigars I was initially going to put in had some wrapper damage, so the inventory changed a little at the last minute, but I hope the quantity, quality and variety will still ensure that there's something for everyone. Hopefully every single one of you gets to have an enriching experience. Huzzah!

Cruisers, the ship has left the harbor!!

Here's the starting inventory:

 

NEWBIE BOXPASS INVENTORY AND INDEX:

 

 

  1. Bolivar Coronas Juniors ETP NOV 16 2 POINTS BAG 1 SLOT 1

  2. Bolivar Coronas Juniors ETP NOV 16 2 POINTS BAG 1 SLOT 2

  3. Bolivar Royal Coronas ETP JUL16 2 POINTS BAG 1 SLOT 3

  4. Bolivar Tubos no. 1 ULA JUL 15 4 POINTS BAG 1 SLOT 4

  5. Cohiba Lanceros 2001 10 POINTS BAG 1 SLOT 5

  6. Cohiba Lanceros 2001 10 POINTS BAG 1 SLOT 6

  7. Diplomaticos no. 4 2006 12 POINTS BAG 2 SLOT 1

  8. Diplomaticos no. 4 2006 12 POINTS BAG 2 SLOT 2

  9. Hoyo De Monterrey Double Coronas ROB FEB 17 4 POINTS BAG 2 SLOT 3

  10. H. Upmann Half Corona Original Release SUB ABR 11 8 POINTS BAG 2 SLOT 4

  11. H. Upmann Half Corona TOS SEP 16 2 POINTS BAG 2 SLOT 5

  12. Juan Lopez Selecion no. 2 UTL JUN 17 2 POINTS BAG 3 SLOT 1

  13. Juan Lopez Selecion no. 2 UTL JUN 17 2 POINTS BAG 3 SLOT 2

  14. Juan Lopez Selecion no. 2 UTL JUN 17 2 POINTS BAG 3 SLOT 3

  15. La Gloria Cubana Medaille D’or no. 3 OSU ES 00 10 POINTS BAG 3 SLOT 4

  16. La Gloria Cubana Medaille D’Or no. 4: ETP MAY 17 2 POINTS BAG 3 SLOT 4

  17. La Gloria Cubana Medaille D’Or no. 4: ETP MAY 17 2 POINTS BAG 3 SLOT 4

  18. Montecristo Edmundo: XXX ABR 14 4 POINTS BAG 3 SLOT 5

  19. Montecristo Especiale no. 1 BME JUL 11 8 POINTS BAG 4 SLOT 1

  20. Montecristo no. 4: BRU AGO 10 6 POINTS BAG 4 SLOT 2

  21. Montecristo no. 4: BRU AGO 10 6 POINTS BAG 4 SLOT 3

  22. Montecristo no. 4: BRU AGO 10 6 POINTS BAG 4 SLOT 4

  23. Montecristo no. 4 ULA DIC 14 4 POINTS BAG 4 SLOT 5

  24. Montecristo Petit Edmundo AMO ABR 16 2 POINTS BAG 5 SLOT 1

  25. Partagas 898 varnished: BLP OCT 08 8 POINTS BAG 5 SLOT 2

  26. Partagas 898 Varnished BLP NOV 08 8 POINTS BAG 5 SLOT 3

  27. Partagas Lusitania OBM ABR 16 4 POINTS BAG 5 SLOT 4

  28. Por Larranaga Petit Coronas UEB AGO 17 2 POINTS BAG 5 SLOT 5

  29. Por Larranaga Petit Coronas UEB AGO 17 2 POINTS BAG 5 SLOT 5

  30. Punch Coronas 1995 16 POINTS BAG 6 SLOT 1

  31. Quai D’Orsay Coronas Claros ETP OCT 15 4 POINTS BAG 6 SLOT 2

  32. Quai D’Orsay Coronas Claros ETP OCT 15 4 POINTS BAG 6 SLOT 3

  33. Rafael Gonzalez Perlas Original Release ROE JUN 11 8 POINTS BAG 6 SLOT 4

  34. Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas: UAL JUN 15 4 POINTS BAG 6 SLOT 5

  35. Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas: UAL JUN 15 4 POINTS BAG 6 SLOT 5

  36. Ramon Allones Specially Selected LAU MAR 16 2 POINTS BAG 7 SLOT 1

  37. Romeo y Julieta Capuletos LE LAU DIC 16 10 POINTS BAG 7 SLOT 2

  38. Romeo y Julieta Cazadores PAS MAR 02 8 POINTS BAG 7 SLOT 3

  39. Sancho Panza Molinos 2011 10 POINTS BAG 7 SLOT 4

  40. San Cristobal De La Habana El Principe TOS MAY 16 4 POINTS BAG 7 SLOT 5

  41. San Cristobal De La Habana El Principe TOS MAY 16 4 POINTS BAG 7 SLOT 5

  42. Trinidad Reyes RMU FEB 17 2 POINTS BAG 8 SLOT 1

  43. Vegas Robaina Clasicos 2000 10 POINTS BAG 8 SLOT 2

  44. Vegueros Tapados SLE DIC 15 4 POINTS BAG 8 SLOT 3

  45. JohnnyO Cazadores 2018 4 POINTS BAG 9 SLOT 1

  46. La Puntilla 8 POINTS BAG 9 SLOT 2

  47. La Puntilla 8 POINTS BAG 9 SLOT 3

  48. La Puntilla 8 POINTS BAG 9 SLOT 4

  49. FREEBIE NC Casa Cuba Flor Fina FREEEEEEE BAG 9 SLOT 5

 

Looking forward to seeing this baby progress.

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2368.jpg

This looks amazing.  Nice job!  Can’t wait to see how this changes over the months.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Azksig said:

This looks amazing.  Nice job!  Can’t wait to see how this changes over the months.

Thanks buddy. It’s like I’m sending my kid to college... and hoping he doesn’t have dreadlocks by the time he graduates 😂

Big special thanks to @Wertman @awkwardPause And @jerrybrowne for all the help in making this an extra awesome start. You guys are the best!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like a lot of hard work Colin, thank you for setting it all up.

I for one can't wait to open that package and rummage through the goodies. 

PS. You couldn't pay me enough to jump out of a plane :lol:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cvc that's what I was wondering about. Thank you for the reply.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

Skydiving day with my stepmom. Got the email. Will respond this afternoon. 👍🏿

E1A8FFC7-80D1-4356-9B7B-BC01BA27BC31.jpeg

This is just straight up wonderful. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Takes:

  • 5. Cohiba Lanceros 2001 10 POINTS BAG 1 SLOT 5
  • 12. Juan Lopez Selecion no. 2 UTL JUN 17 2 POINTS BAG 3 SLOT 1
  • 37. Romeo y Julieta Capuletos LE LAU DIC 16 10 POINTS BAG 7 SLOT 2
  • 42. Trinidad Reyes RMU FEB 17 2 POINTS BAG 8 SLOT 1
  • 46. La Puntilla 8 POINTS BAG 9 SLOT 2

IMG_8524.thumb.jpg.e522b46140fa91db474724bdf8c3be2c.jpg

Puts:

  • Punch Churchill SOL FEB 05
  • Romeo y Julieta Belicosos TRU JUL 17
  • Montecristo Dantes EL 2016 TOS NOV 16
  • H. Upmann Magnum 46 OBM FEB 17
  • Custom Shagfoot Prince from Alex at Hotel Comodoro 

IMG_8523.thumb.jpg.4a4c563b8008dca3747d23e6c25d641f.jpg

Got the approval, so got everything packaged back up and will get this out today to keep things moving quickly!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting off with a bang! Nice swaps!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good so far!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nervous and excited all at the same time! Any suggestions on a good newbie pick?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rd151 said:

Nervous and excited all at the same time! Any suggestions on a good newbie pick?

At 2-4 points each, the bcj, brc, MDO4, qdoc, scdlh el principe - off the chain.

6-8: the 2010 monte 4s and 2008 898s are truly spectacular. Just make sure you’ve got a perfecdraw for the montes. They’re tight. If you perfecdraw them, though, you’re in for a ride.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.