Have a crack at the pricing for the new Montecristo Linea 1935 cigars

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

$1 Bob  

Wait!!! Wait wait wait...!!!!!    This is a social experiment. You want to see how much we are willing to pay!  Well sir $150, $175 and $200

Saw the shortest one in an email marketing from an online supplier at $500 (discounted price).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, oliverdst said:

Cant confirm if it's real

420 CUC Montecristo leyenda (20)
370 CUC Montecristo maltés (20)
300 CUC Montecristo dumas (20)

That would put Leyenda 30% more expensive than 80th aniversário.

And a helluva lot more expensive than in Spain :D

4 hours ago, Tollickd said:

Are these going to be like the Behike where they will have limited stock in most places? Or will they be readily available?

Should be readily available before long. 

i will try and do a sampler shortly. 

• Like 3

On 5/9/2018 at 4:48 PM, El Presidente said:

i will try and do a sampler shortly. 

Do I smell a video review coming soon? :D

For some reason I'm intensely curious about how these will be. Intrigued about HSA's idea of "full bodied" blend in a Monte...

Smoked the Dumas on Friday and it was very disappointing, smoked with a friend and we stored our cigars in different humidors.  There were a lot of burn issues and flavour profile was very light.  Very different experience to the Leyenda which smoked brilliantly and had bags of flavour.

I just picked up a sampler this morning. At this LCDH, you could only buy a max of 4 cigars, no box sales for the 1935s.
0F9B6231-E5D7-49B7-98E7-E3D817198205.thumb.jpeg.0cc3dc7170ab86ae162f1a336b862e2d.jpeg

Hey your in Cyprus? did you get these in Nicosia? Did she have many left?

42 minutes ago, Tollickd said:

Hey your in Cyprus? did you get these in Nicosia? Did she have many left?

No in Limassol. They had a pretty decent selection I thought.

No in Limassol. They had a pretty decent selection I thought.

Yes Nicosia has a good selection too I was in the week before last and she showed me them but was unable to sell them on that day :(.

These are so elusive. I saw some in Andorra, but they were set aside for other customers (most likely flippers).

Plenty around on FB for a significant markup for those that have to be the first on the block (or instagram) to show them off ;)

18 hours ago, KavalanWhisky said:

flavour profile was very light.

I swear HSA has a bunch of monkeys in the blending and tasting departments.

Your experience may be an isolated one, but only HSA can set out to blend a strong cigar, take over a year to produce and distribute it and end up with the complete opposite with a higher price.

Also, I love how HSA decides to develop and blend a premium line at the tail end of a raw materials drought. After the stellar 2017 crop it would have been wise to delay the announcement and production of these until 2019. Pre-production was made presumably in late 16/early 17 for the Festival in Feb 17 and they were nothing special from what I've read. The raw materials situation through 17 wasn't getting any better. Just a terrible time to produce a new premium line which HSA has always had limited success with since 2000. 

I am interested in how these turn out but my expectations are very low...

On 14/5/2018 at 5:24 AM, KavalanWhisky said:

Smoked the Dumas on Friday and it was very disappointing, smoked with a friend and we stored our cigars in different humidors.  There were a lot of burn issues and flavour profile was very light.  Very different experience to the Leyenda which smoked brilliantly and had bags of flavour.

I also smoked a Dumas on Friday, and it was awesome, real Monte Flavour but with more intensity. A bit loose on the draw to my taste but very very nice. 

89174F8E-7D16-4BEF-812A-394B19C2B87E.jpeg

• Like 1