Jimmy_jack

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

March21-28  

Not a bad haul from Cuba. 2 Cabs of HDM DC were my most sought after. Plus Sir Winstons, Monty 80th (almost a box via singles) 2 bundles from Alex (Siglo VI and Puntilla) , 2 Leyandas, 2 La Trovas, Pu

3 hours ago, smokealot said:

Where would i find Alex, Yolanda, & Reynaldo to get my custom rolls and do i have to booked them in adavance? How long does one wait for there custom rolls?

Alex is at the Hotel Comodoro (actually at the cigar shop which is in the hotel complex). Yolanda is right next door at the Melia Habana Hotel LCDH.  Reynaldo is at the LCDH at Hotel Conde de Villanueva. 

All will usually have custom roll stock available when you walk in. I preordered with Alex & Reynaldo because I knew I would be short on time & wouldn’t be able to stop by the next day to give them time to put an order together. 

Even though I preordered, I don’t think either of them really pay much attention to preorders knowing they most always have stock available. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2018 at 8:33 PM, Cohiba007 said:

Foil is from Jose at Club Habana. Monsdale blend robusto extras. Delicious. Bag is from Hector Luis Proeto farm. ?

I’d love to see a close up of the Hector customs. If that’s not asking to much to ask :) what size?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, n0s4atu said:

Just unpacked. Will write a full report on the trip but here's what we picked up.cca5813d6158e7379f337301846f5aef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Congrats. Looks like you had a great trip.

10 hours ago, madandana said:

Congrats. Looks like you had a great trip.

We really did have a great time and can't wait to go back.  The first time is amazing, but definitely a learning experience when it comes to where/what to buy and how to transport it all. And now it's on to plotting the return. lol

2 hours ago, n0s4atu said:

We really did have a great time and can't wait to go back.  The first time is amazing, but definitely a learning experience when it comes to where/what to buy and how to transport it all. And now it's on to plotting the return. lol

Very nice haul! 

This thread ... is killing me.  I just picked up my Aristocrat this week and already I’m wanting to order an M Plus and take a flight back to Cuba so I can take home a haul like these.

• Like 1

Last summer.... 3aba184d9330f75e9a310fcf7c3ca14e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good effort.
Especially the sofa and coffee table.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

52 minutes ago, HDGSN said:

Was this before the 20 per person limit on customs?

I don't think there is a limit they enforce.  I came through Cuban customs at the cruise terminal and into the U. S. with a couple hundred customs and another two hundred regular production in June.  The key, in my experience and from reading other posts here is to have a factura for each bundle you bring through.  I was checked getting back on the ship by Cuban customs at the cruise terminal in Havana the first time through with the majority of my haul and the young ladies doing the checking looked through my haul, looked briefly at my factura's, which didn't cover all my custom rolls, and sent me on through.  Keep in mind, though, it's Cuba.  It will depend on the agent you get going through, and so you should be willing to lose some or all of your haul depending on who checks and their mood that day.  If you have factura's, you should feel pretty good about getting them through.  That tells them you purchased the cigars from an LCDH, i.e. the Cuban government and not from someone on the street.  That's all they care about.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2018 at 9:15 PM, amaxp81 said:

Last summer.... 3aba184d9330f75e9a310fcf7c3ca14e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What are the singles with the shaggy feet in the center in front?  I definitely short changed myself on customs. Next time I'm going with a list of customs I need to try instead of just winging it.

30 minutes ago, garagedragon said:

Just returned after spending 4 days in Havana. Pretty much made the rounds to all of the LCDH stores, and a visit to Alex. All of the cigars here were carried though customs in mine, and my sons backpacks. We had absolutely zero problems with Cuban, or US customs. We had a blast!

IMG_5244.JPG

Very nice find on the Sir Winston’s and ashtrays