Jimmy_jack

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

March21-28  

Not a bad haul from Cuba. 2 Cabs of HDM DC were my most sought after. Plus Sir Winstons, Monty 80th (almost a box via singles) 2 bundles from Alex (Siglo VI and Puntilla) , 2 Leyandas, 2 La Trovas, Pu

2 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

I'll only be in my 20s once. Don't kill this for me :rotfl:

It's funny to think about because I always think about where my parents were at my age, and where my grandparents were at my age. Wow, talk about a one-eighty. Totally different.

You got married in your 20's?

Just now, oliverdst said:

You got married in your 20's?

No, I'm single. Just interesting to think about how my parents had 2 kids by the time they were my age. Always interesting to see how each generation differs, especially among baby boomers all the way to the gen z, which were immersed in technology from birth. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

I'll only be in my 20s once. Don't kill this for me :rotfl:

It's funny to think about because I always think about where my parents were at my age, and where my grandparents were at my age. Wow, talk about a one-eighty. Totally different.

I hear you.  I didn't get married until I was 36ish and didn't have my son until I was 42.  Started med school at 29 and have been acting like an adult since.  I think I lived life to its fullest in my 20's but I can't be entirely sure since I don't remember much of it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 10:36 AM, mtapia3 said:

My most conservative haul yet. Honestly, I was content with finding the Winstons, 898s, and Nacional ashtray. Surprisingly the 898s were harder to find than the Winstons. Also, there were no full boxes of La Trova or Connie B to be found in Havana. Just singles being sold at Havana Libre. 

31BD8660-662E-4F81-B7B6-4A2AA92676FC.jpeg

What kind of rum with the white label?

9 hours ago, mtapia3 said:

It’s a Havana Club “Exclusive Edition” to commemorate the 200 year anniversary of Bar Floridita. The Havana daqari bar made famous by Ernest Hemingway. The only place I saw this for sale was at the Havana Club museum shop. I haven’t cracked it open yet so I can’t comment on the taste. 

D32B07F8-D77C-4CF7-802C-983C7B527A0E.jpeg

Interesting. How much are these? "Aged white rum" hmmm...not sure what I think about that. So is it just rebottled HC3? I wonder

2 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

You have great taste--bravo sir! I even see some RG hidden in the mix, very very nice haul. That's a good idea, I need to travel with a non smoker next time for sure.

I can loan you my dad.  Just keep him fed, with a cold beer in his hand.  He's a great mule. 

• Like 1