Share your Cuban haul

Jimmy_jack

Managed to get lucky on this trip and find a few harder to come by items
With the help of a couple of family members and 2 friends I was able to return with the following 
Given the changes and current limit as stated by CBP at 50 cigars on this trip, this will most likely be my last bulk cigar visit
Thankfully I’ve made enough trips and amassed enough to last me for many years
None of which would’ve have been possible without the info gathered on this forum
A huge THANK YOU to all that have assisted

1943A665-41D1-41E7-AC8F-EC29598EAC97.thumb.jpeg.7bfcf677dc45becd72b156e06fc00e66.jpeg

Very nice haul sir!
Where did you find Punch DC? And are those monte 80th and talisman with 19 codes? Surprised to see the 80th back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

March21-28  

Not a bad haul from Cuba. 2 Cabs of HDM DC were my most sought after. Plus Sir Winstons, Monty 80th (almost a box via singles) 2 bundles from Alex (Siglo VI and Puntilla) , 2 Leyandas, 2 La Trovas, Pu

1 hour ago, havanaclub said:

Very nice haul sir!
Where did you find Punch DC? And are those monte 80th and talisman with 19 codes? Surprised to see the 80th back.

There were 3 Punch DC cabs at Club Habana, now just 2

The Talisman are Feb 2019 and the Monte 80th is Dec 18

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 1:48 PM, GotaCohiba said:

That Pacto Navio is good stuff and readily available

I am looking forward to the right time to break into the bottle!

On 5/28/2019 at 11:53 PM, SmokinNukie said:

Great haul my friend!

Big Thanks to you both for the help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Capt. Corona said:

Looking good! :ok:

What'd we get for the custom rolls?  Did you make any farms out by PDR?

Got Alex Puntilla, Lancero, and Cananazo. 

Reinaldo robustos.  All very tasty. 

No farms. Just the city and beaches this time. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 10:33 PM, kevpro said:

I went to the LCDH on 5 y 16, Hotel Comodoro, Melia Habana, Hotel Nacional and airport. I was able to enter the humidor in all locations except the Hotel Nacional and airport which I didn't have any $ left for anyways. Hotel Nacional had great customer service but wouldn't explain why I couldn't enter the humidor.

I have given up 5y16.  They have the worst selection of all the lcdh's on the island.  Not sure why, I thought it was supposed to be the flag ship store.  How was it stocked when you were there?

Hotel Nacional can be a tough one.  I also end up getting inside, but I've been told many times we couldn't enter.  One of the ladies who works there just refuses to allow anyone.  Other people there seem to let you in.   Very annoying.

On 7/27/2019 at 8:08 PM, Monterey said:

I have given up 5y16.  They have the worst selection of all the lcdh's on the island.  Not sure why, I thought it was supposed to be the flag ship store.  How was it stocked when you were there?

Hotel Nacional can be a tough one.  I also end up getting inside, but I've been told many times we couldn't enter.  One of the ladies who works there just refuses to allow anyone.  Other people there seem to let you in.   Very annoying.

The humidor at 5y16 was pretty full but other than 2019 LCDH boxes there was nothing hard to find. I was there at closing so didn't spend too long but there did seem to be a decent variety of marcas. Not much large format cigars outside of the Boli Libertadors. I also had a hard time finding any boxes of Trinidad.

The restaurant / bar did seem like a cool spot to hang out though. 

The humidor at 5y16 was pretty full but other than 2019 LCDH boxes there was nothing hard to find. I was there at closing so didn't spend too long but there did seem to be a decent variety of marcas. Not much large format cigars outside of the Boli Libertadors. I also had a hard time finding any boxes of Trinidad.
The restaurant / bar did seem like a cool spot to hang out though. 

The restaurant makes a very good pizza. Not sure if it’s still the case but a few years ago I’d get a good size pizza for one and a beer for 5 CUC.

Also nice lounge area in the store for a cigar and one if there very good espresso’s.

• Like 1

Ive never been to Hotel Nacional and not been allowed in the humidor. And I agree about the restuarant for 5 y 16. It was one of the best I went to while being all around Havana. If your traveling with a female, take her for the Daquiris. She said out of the 30 + that she tried, that place had the best one.

It probably did not help that we went at the end of the day, but it was just my group in the Hotel Nacional shop and the woman working there had to keep going back into the humidor / fielding questions about what they had and for what price. It would have made her job a lot easier if we could have walked in the humidor. 

1 hour ago, kevpro said:

It probably did not help that we went at the end of the day, but it was just my group in the Hotel Nacional shop and the woman working there had to keep going back into the humidor / fielding questions about what they had and for what price. It would have made her job a lot easier if we could have walked in the humidor. 

Interesting.  I was there in January and was able to get in almost every day I was there.  5 straight days. They had the last 2 boxes of Sir Winston in Havana in that humidor.  Grabbed one. would have been out of luck if I wasn't allowed in.  Now the partagas factory is the one humidor I've never been able to get in.  Will keep trying!

Were trinidads available at other stores?  Hoping the shortage you mention was only at 5y16.  Plan on picking some up while I'm in Havana in a few weeks.

4 hours ago, Monterey said:

Interesting.  I was there in January and was able to get in almost every day I was there.  5 straight days. They had the last 2 boxes of Sir Winston in Havana in that humidor.  Grabbed one. would have been out of luck if I wasn't allowed in.  Now the partagas factory is the one humidor I've never been able to get in.  Will keep trying!

Were trinidads available at other stores?  Hoping the shortage you mention was only at 5y16.  Plan on picking some up while I'm in Havana in a few weeks.

Maybe they didn’t let me in because there were Sir Winston’s? Ha I asked for those and La Trova everywhere I went and no luck. 

They had Vigia singles at Hotel Nacional but the only boxes were Reyes at Melia Habana and Coloniales at the airport on the way out. 

On 7/29/2019 at 8:21 PM, Monterey said:

Same exact boat for me on the Sir Winstons (though there were 4 boxes in there when I grabbed mine on Christmas Day). Not allowed in on 12/23.