Smoking/Buying in Hong Kong - Tips

I've heard cigar prices in Hong Kong are fairly high. I was curious if anybody could illuminate just how high. Also would appreciate any recommendations for stores/lounges. I was considering checking out Red Chamber Cigar Divan and the Cohiba Atmosphere lounge. 

Super high prices. Think Canada.

Red Divan is great. I plan on spending some hours there next week when I’m back in HK. Didn’t go to Cohiba Atmosphere. There are a few smaller shops and lounges around as well. A lot of RE from outside APAC can be found but for eye watering prices.

Bummer!  Will miss you guys in HKG, not going there for another 2 weeks.

Concur with LG, the Red Chamber Cigar Divan on Pedder Street in Central is top notch.  A bit odd to find, but worth the search.  IIRC it's $40-$60 for current production sticks (Punch Punch, Mag 50, Siglo VI, that sort of thing) and they'll often have interesting discontinued stuff in HK.  I found a box of Punch Gran Robustos in the LCDH in the Sheraton in TST once.   There are quite a few places with very good stock in HK and across the water in TST, but no real deals; and Duty Free has just gotten totally silly on prices.

It's worth spending some $$ at the nice lounges, and in between there are lots of restaurants and hotels that will have outdoor smoking sections, so you can bring your own and economize a bit.

Here's another thread on Hong Kong that's in the Waterhole (rather than 'Global Cigar Friendly Locations'): 

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips guys. At the Red Chamber now and the decor and atmosphere is incredible. They have some nice custom rolls for under 200 HKD. 039e7a14d94abbe67e2bb67bebbe965e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

All the places mentioned are good.  I would also add this one:

Pacific Cigar Divan
24/F, Euro Trade Centre, 21-23 Des Voeux Road, Central

Tel (852) 2530 9388
Fax (852) 2530 9399
Mail [email protected]

Mr Daniel Leung

Opening :
Mon - Sat : 12:00pm - 12:00midnight

Very comfortable, less crowded as not many people know about it.  The balcony has a great view of IFC.

You cannot bring your own cigars though.  You have to buy at the shop there and it is well stocked.

• 2 weeks later...
All the places mentioned are good.  I would also add this one:
Pacific Cigar Divan
24/F, Euro Trade Centre, 21-23 Des Voeux Road, Central
Tel (852) 2530 9388
Fax (852) 2530 9399
Mail [email protected]
Mr Daniel Leung
Opening :
Mon - Sat : 12:00pm - 12:00midnight
Very comfortable, less crowded as not many people know about it.  The balcony has a great view of IFC.
You cannot bring your own cigars though.  You have to buy at the shop there and it is well stocked.

Closed for renovation since April 8th until further notice.

Since Red Chamber is closed Sundays, I am trying the Harbour Cigar Divan right now and can recommend it. Better selection of HTF, RE, and LE than Red Chamber. The lounge is smaller and less grand but so what.
3411f87efbe78a4e33b34059dcfb512d.jpg

Blind Pig!

Although it costs me 200HKD for a Petit Edmund...

I have been visiting the place everytime I’m in HK.

Nice cozy place. With great service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closed Sundays :(