My First Order

I get it. I got a little defensive over your question about keeping up the pace on buying cigars.

I love cigars (obviously) but I do have some guilt over how often I smoke. I smoke a lot of petit corona and robusto size, between seven and fourteen a week. Special occasions I smoke more, for example; I smoked twelve cigars during the four days of The Masters. So... only about half of what I buy stands a chance to get any real rest. I’m not terribly interested in buying aged stock, so to get to a point where I can have some boxes with 3+ years on them I have to buy more than I smoke. 

I’m still a newbie to CC’s, perhaps someday that pace will slow down, life happens and things change. For now and the foreseeable future, I’m buying all I can afford. Cheers. 

I wasn’t making a judgment of any kind... did you not see the photo of my stash of pipe tobacco?!!’ Who am I to judge anyone’s buying habits? We share the same tobacco buying philosophy. Two of the best pipe tobacco companies in the world are going away, McClellands (closed already) and Dunhill (exiting pipe tobacco/cigars). Prices for tobacco products will only rise and rapidly. Odds are that the widest selection and cheapest prices are today. Add to this that tobacco gets better with age and it’s obvious.

In case you missed it...

fe716f2cd5a8150572d9b791703a0290.jpga3927ed5b3f41c4545adee1fb7fc4e22.jpg63d28af5b0ef88828928004c87cdc257.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This guy right here lol Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Years ago I ordered a box of Cohiba Esplendido. It ended up being a VERY expensive box of fakes. I swore that would be the end of such things for me. It was okay as i love Padrons and Opus. After meet

I recently received my first order and understand your feelings of concern! I started feeling much better after viewing the "What's your latest CC purchase?" thread and saw the pictures of the recent

Damn... I just tried my very first Ramon Allones... holy crap that is one sweet smoke!! I was practically forced to place this order against my will. This makes four boxes ordered before the first even arrives. I’m hooked ☹️
1fa648973aa83fffa1f3d3084ecfa41c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

On April 14, 2018 at 10:18 AM, liquid360 said:

I wasn’t making a judgment of any kind... did you not see the photo of my stash of pipe tobacco?!!’ Who am I to judge anyone’s buying habits? We share the same tobacco buying philosophy. Two of the best pipe tobacco companies in the world are going away, McClellands (closed already) and Dunhill (exiting pipe tobacco/cigars). Prices for tobacco products will only rise and rapidly. Odds are that the widest selection and cheapest prices are today. Add to this that tobacco gets better with age and it’s obvious.

In case you missed it...

fe716f2cd5a8150572d9b791703a0290.jpga3927ed5b3f41c4545adee1fb7fc4e22.jpg63d28af5b0ef88828928004c87cdc257.jpg

I am concerned is this a pipe of some kind?  What do you do with it?  ?

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This guy right here lol78aabd2c38efa175ac856539d5248dcb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Lol when I was like 18, college freshman, there was an article in Playboy Magazine... when there was such. thing. which mention a company which was making dongs (most PC word I could think of at the moment) out of three “religious icons”. I’d never heard of anything more sacrilegious than that and had to have the set. ‘Twas a terrific conversation piece... although my extremely religious roommate at the time, Eugene Donald Winkler, was extremely unimpressed and quite disturbed. Ironically, Satan was the only one which remains after almost 30yrs of packing/unpacking/relocating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

well.....tough to follow this most recent development in the conversation LOL.....I just received my first order, a 6'er of Monte 4 and a 6'er of PSD4.  The Montes smell very pungent and the PSD's feel REALLY heavy in the hand.  Probably going to need a good amount of time to settle in the humidor, but they look great! My first PSD's

• Like 2

well.....tough to follow this most recent development in the conversation LOL.....I just received my first order, a 6'er of Monte 4 and a 6'er of PSD4.  The Montes smell very pungent and the PSD's feel REALLY heavy in the hand.  Probably going to need a good amount of time to settle in the humidor, but they look great! My first PSD's

I appreciate the response! Rob really has an amazingly remarkable reputation when you consider his business. I honestly looked and couldn’t find a single unhappy customer.
My first order, box o’ Cohiba Robustos arrive tomorrow according to tracking. I can’t wait! Following that next week is a box of Hoyo Epi 2, and the following week is a box of 50 RASS’s, and the following week is two boxes of Bolivar Belicoso Finos..... holy crap do I have problems. The first of which is that I have no space for six boxes of cigars ☹️
Arriving this morning is a new Cartier Diver watch.... The internet is a very expensive place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Liquid I see some of my favorite pipe tobacco's in your photo. Particularly Magnum Opus, White Knight and Exotique. 

Have you thought of Ryan Alden making a pipe for you? He's made a few for me and they are fantastic pipes. This is one of my Alden pipes:

img_7046-600x503.jpg

Liquid I see some of my favorite pipe tobacco's in your photo. Particularly Magnum Opus, White Knight and Exotique. 
Have you thought of Ryan Alden making a pipe for you? He's made a few for me and they are fantastic pipes. This is one of my Alden pipes:
img_7046-600x503.jpg

I’ve spoken to Ryan about doing one.... at the moment I’m in the midst of two crazy expensive commissions and that’s all i can handle. I do one commissioned pipe per year with Parks and kinda like it that way, but Ryan makes terrific pipes and is very reasonable with his prices! The other I’m working on with Cornelius Mänz.

Magnum Opus is great. I’m thinking it’ll age nicely.
Smoker’s Haven blends IMO are the Best. If I were trapped on an island, I’d be perfectly content to smoke them exclusively for life. They just got a shipment in, might be the last, that sold out in a pre-sale. I literally ordered a lifetime supply which should arrive next week. Ordered 30 more tins of Exotique, 15 of OBB, and 15 of Cognac. Premal is a great guy!

Just now, liquid360 said:

I’ve spoken to Ryan about doing one.... at the moment I’m in the midst of two crazy expensive commissions and that’s all i can handle. I do one commissioned pipe per year with Parks and kinda like it that way, but Ryan makes terrific pipes and is very reasonable with his prices! The other I’m working on with Cornelius Mänz.

Magnum Opus is great. I’m thinking it’ll age nicely.
Smoker’s Haven blends IMO are the Best. If I were trapped on an island, I’d be perfectly content to smoke them exclusively for life. They just got a shipment in, might be the last, that sold out in a pre-sale. I literally ordered a lifetime supply which should arrive next week. Ordered 30 more tins of Exotique, 15 of OBB, and 15 of Cognac. Premal is a great guy!

yeah it's hard to beat his pipes at those prices. I've got a large stock pile of H&H blends that I enjoy but unfortunately I don't have enough of Premal's blends. Wish I learned about them sooner than I did. I did stock up on a ton of McClelland's blends that I love when I found out they were running out of Syrian latakia. Glad I stocked up when I did. It's a shame they are out of business now.

Ahh those Parks pipes are something special. I've yet to have him make one for me. Someday maybe. 

• Like 1

yeah it's hard to beat his pipes at those prices. I've got a large stock pile of H&H blends that I enjoy but unfortunately I don't have enough of Premal's blends. Wish I learned about them sooner than I did. I did stock up on a ton of McClelland's blends that I love when I found out they were running out of Syrian latakia. Glad I stocked up when I did. It's a shame they are out of business now.

Ahh those Parks pipes are something special. I've yet to have him make one for me. Someday maybe. 

Luckily, I kept in contact with Premal and he gave me a heads up, otherwise i would’ve missed it as well. I gave up checking the website long ago.
With Dunhill getting out and McClellands closing their doors, it does not speak well to the future of pipe smoking. Those two accounted for a good portion of my favorites. It’s unreal what McClellands blends are fetching in the secondary market. Good thing you stocked up!
Parks makes brilliant pipes. I think he’s one of the very best alive today. Here’s the first commissioned pipe he did for me, a lg Diplomat with a mammoth ivory collar.
bc6a272aafd70d6c997d6a63362e7199.jpg

• Like 1

You remember when you started into cigars and that friend who knew everything about cigars ... they could look through a Humidor and pick out the perfect cigar?  They’d tell what it is was that made it so good at this very moment and why you should smoke it?  That’s Rob.  And 24:24?  That’s the perfect cigar.  

You’re not in good hands ... you’re in great hands.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2018 at 11:05 AM, liquid360 said:

Luckily, I kept in contact with Premal and he gave me a heads up, otherwise i would’ve missed it as well. I gave up checking the website long ago.
With Dunhill getting out and McClellands closing their doors, it does not speak well to the future of pipe smoking. Those two accounted for a good portion of my favorites. It’s unreal what McClellands blends are fetching in the secondary market. Good thing you stocked up!
Parks makes brilliant pipes. I think he’s one of the very best alive today. Here’s the first commissioned pipe he did for me, a lg Diplomat with a mammoth ivory collar.
bc6a272aafd70d6c997d6a63362e7199.jpg

Wow that's just an amazing pipe. 

• Like 1