Tupador or coolador?

zking

I think it depends on whether temperature control is an issue. If you can maintain temperature steady within reasonable limits I would go with the tupperdor. If you need temperature control you probably need the wineadore.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Concur with Thig: it's all about temperature stability.  Humidity is easy with a good seal and stable temps.  I do Tuppers because, lacking insulation, you get more storage.  The bins go in a cabinet in my cellar where average temps and rH are stable at 65/65 year round.  I can get some short term wiggles in temp, but if those variations are short enough you won't need insulation to deal with it, the thermal mass of a bin full of cigars is plenty.

OTOH, if your space tends to heat up or cool down for several hours a day, then the coolerdor will protect against that.  If those big temperature swings are maintained over weeks, then even a cooler won't help.

I've been using Bovedas (65%) and haven't replaced any in 3 years.

I have a cabinet, a coolidor, a wineador and a glass top humidor...........if I had to do it all over again, I would go with 9 coolidors.They are so easy to maintain. I have a pound of beads in mine and some various Bovedas thrown about from trades and box purchases, and it never exceeds 62-65%. That's just my 2 cents though.