Goodbye, my Buddy Boy

Guest Nekhyludov

Guest Nekhyludov

My buddy Murph, my Golden Retriever, my constant companion, died this morning.

5ad0d6104ad47_Murphcitypark5.thumb.jpg.2837cdf9ff4d1d9569ee2b555d4fc4f2.jpg

Murph was a Katrina puppy. When I met him, he was living in a van with a nice couple who had lost their home in the storm.

He was the only friend who was right by my side for every single thing that has happened in my life for the past 12 and a half years. And I'm so sad that he won't get to meet my daughter when she's born in June. They would have loved each other.

So now I'm sitting on my front stoop, smoking a Gaurdian of the Farm Apollo, for no good reason other than to pass the time without him around.

IMG_20180412_145641.thumb.jpg.770d229d8f9ee566836e5036a5b2af81.jpg

Murph and I used to lounge on the back deck in the late afternoon sun, and I would smoke a cigar and rub his belly. I just don't feel like sitting out there alone today.

I’m sorry to hear about Murph, but it sounds like he had one hell of a career.  In October I had to put down my dog of 12 years, so I can relate.  It’s sad that dogs have short lives, but they leave us with great memories.  

I’m so sorry to hear the news, Joe.  There’s no love quite like that of Murph and dogs like my Stella.  It’s such a selfless love, and I know it hurts to be without it for the first time in a long time.  

I dislike metaphors at times like this, but a loss like this really is like a scar: it’ll hurt now, however as time passes it’ll hurt less until all that remains is a feeling that never fades ... a reminder and testament of the deep connection and memory of a happy life together.

Very sad

Just passed the one year anniversary of putting Baxter down... was the worst day of my life.

A9C71898-6AC9-4A0A-A7D1-A0BBF1EC9F21.jpeg

• Sad 3

Damn it, this thread sucks! I got tears over here!!!!

So very sorry to  hear about Murph man,. I don't really know what else to say, you must be heartbroken........my deepest condolences sir, my heart goes out to you. 

Man, my heart goes out to you, brother. Beautiful pup there...and believe me, I understand they’re family to the core. Like a couple others have said, I can only imagine how great of life you gave him and vice versa. Hang in there and PM me if you need anything at all!

My heart goes out to you. Anyone who’s ever been attached to a dog knows the feeling. Most importantly, good for you for giving him a great life. 

The death of a family dog is a very, very hard thing to handle. I have lost a few. Am never without a dog for long.

I hope this helps. I know it has helped me more then once. Sigh.

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog he takes a piece of my heart with him. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of his heart. 
If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are."--Cheryl Zuccaro  

Golden Retrievers are the best dogs, EVER!  Our current Goldie, Peach, is a tank She's 90lbs of total golden goofiness. Couldn't imagine life without her around. ebc7bf2a-6f48-44ba-ac92-b1305f30f265.png.2636622e2e489ed1893c2bc1f35fe5eb.png

Sorry for your loss. They're truly part of the family. 

• Like 1