Goodbye, my Buddy Boy

Guest Nekhyludov

We had three dogs and lost each one in consecutive years. It is absolutely heart-wrenching. Take some time, then go out and find another best friend that you can love the hell out of. I couldn't imagine life without one. 

• Like 1

I feel your pain, we lost our dog a few months back. I thought it might get easier with the 3rd one in several years, but it never does. Thanks for giving him your heart and your home.

Very sorry for your loss. Goldens are amazing companions. We have a 4 month old puppy and he’s already a huge part of our lives. My thoughts go out to you. 

So sorry to hear.  Last November we lost our oldest Chi, Lucy.  She'd lived 17 1/2 years, so she had a great run.  Still ripped me up.  She was one of nine little dogs we have.  What was nine is now eight.  You'd think you'd hardly notice it, but there's clearly a missing voice in the herd.  

You can never replace a loved dog, but you can get another.  I've always felt the best way to honor a beloved pet is to save the life of another.  Lots of shelter dogs need a home with love, good food, and a warm place to sleep.  When it feels right, it's something to consider.

My heart goes out to you....I've paddled that canoe, and it's hard to do.

Sorry to hear about your loss, people without pets have no idea how much you can love and be attached to them. Remember the good times, thankfully time makes it easier to remember the good without being broken.