worst movie ever

i'm sure we all have candidates. found this piece (below) which addresses it.

unfortunately, it misses what is clearly, hands down the worst movie ever. for which tarantino should have been barred from ever making another. so utterly abysmal was this movie - death proof - that any actor in it should have immediately forfeited his career. shame on them. it was clearly made to fleece the audience. there is nothing redeeming about it at all. so poor was it and so ripped off did i feel, that i have since refused to ever watch another tanartino film. and never will. don't care if he makes the best ever reviewed film. i will not see it. 

he declared himself to be a monumental tosser for making this. i gather he has said it was his worst but it is still good so he thinks he must be a star. he lost me forever. 

What's the Worst Movie of All Time?

BY ANDREW LASANE

APRIL 6, 2018

There's always endless chatter about which movies and performances are the best. But what about the other end of the spectrum? Using the popular ratings site Rotten Tomatoes, Libby Coleman over at Ozy found that Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever (2002) may actually be the worst movie ever made, according to critics. One hundred percent of the 116 critics who reviewed the sci-fi thriller gave it a bad rating, resulting in a "Tomatometer" score of 0 (audiences were slightly more generous, giving it a 17 percent score).

Other films that belong to what Ozy calls the “zero-percent club” include Orgy of the Dead (1965), Staying Alive (1983), Jaws the Revenge (1987), Return to the Blue Lagoon (1991), National Lampoon’s Gold Diggers (2004), A Thousand Words (2012), the 2016 remake of Cabin Fever, and over 280 other titles, some of which were reviewed by so few critics that they almost don’t count.

Reviewers of Ballistic: Ecks vs Sever seem to agree that the film is just “an endless barrage of bullets and bazookas” without any substance to back it up. Jocelyn Noveck of the Associated Press wrote that “for many viewers, the big question may be not whether Ecks and Sever will get together, or why they are fighting in the first place, but why am I sitting here, anyway?” In The Boston Globe, Wesley Morris called director Wych Kaosayananda “stupendously inept, unable even to properly light a combat sequence.” Ouch. 

While that film has been universally panned and reigns as the worst ever on Rotten Tomatoes, it has some competition according to other rankings. If you go by the Razzies, the worst movie ever is Adam Sandler's cross-dressing "comedy" Jack and Jill (2011). Empire’s50 Worst Movies Everlist gave the dishonor to Joel Schumacher’s Batman and Robin (1997), based on votes from thousands of readers. The loser according to Screen Rant’s "Worst 25" list is United Passions (2014), while WatchMojogave it to Gigli (2003), and Flavorwire listed Birdemic: Shock and Terror (2010). Vice argues that The Room (2003) is “entertainingly bad to the point of transcending such subjectivity,” which sort of seems like a compliment.

Films that have appeared often in bad movie lists but have narrowly missed the top (or bottom?) spot include Battlefield Earth (2000) and Troll 2 (1990). So while the Internet may not have a definitive answer to the question, people clearly enjoy discussing the pool of candidates.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pink Flamingos. It's definitely the most disgusting movie ever anyway. 

Dark star ... but it came out 20 years to early for the internet . derrek

If you think any of the above movies are the worst ever you haven't seen enough movies. There are some pretty horrific low-budget films out there. As far as anything that was actually a studio pr

I feel like there are two answers here.  The worst movie that is redeeming in its awfulness and the movie that is just a disaster in every which way.  I’m not sure what I would nominate in the first case but I could use some help if anyone can identify the title of the worst of the worst.  It was an early to mid 80s space movie about a starship named Arcturus that was somehow infused with the mind of a person as it’s central control computer.  Nothing seemed to happen you just waited for it to end.  If anyone has been unfortunate enough to have watched this and remembers the title, it would be a public service to warn others not to waste any moment of their life watching.

If you think any of the above movies are the worst ever you haven't seen enough movies. There are some pretty horrific low-budget films out there.

As far as anything that was actually a studio production Superbabies 2 is about the worst of the worst.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

If you think any of the above movies are the worst ever you haven't seen enough movies. There are some pretty horrific low-budget films out there.

As far as anything that was actually a studio production Superbabies 2 is about the worst of the worst.

we used to have bad movie friday. the worst anyone could find. some utter shockers. 30 years later, we all get fits thinking about one prehistoric flick where the guys were getting arrows through their head but the braces holding them kept slipping. we are talking one take only stuff. so all these corpses kept adjusting the arros. it does not get much worse. death crap was so much worse.

my copy of 'Cannibal Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death' remains a treasured possession and it is 'the godfather' compared to 'death crap'. tarantino demeaned himself beyond all redemption. 

The 1996 version of “The Island of Dr. Moreau”. 

• Thanks 1

The Room is so bad it's so good. 

Cloverfield was the only film I've ever walked out on. Utter utter air head garbage. I was actually angry at how pointlessly crap it was, still am. 

The remake of Charlie and the Chocolate factory is a horror. Depp seems to be playing Wonka as a Michael Jacksonesk paedophile all sorts of wrong. I'm surprised Molton diorhrea chocolate didn't start errupting out of my laptop, like some sort or digital dirty bomb. Indeed I think an investigation should be conducted to see if the russians covertly funded this flick

Jerry McGuire. The single worst piece of garbage ever to grace the screen.
Wrong thread. That one belongs in the "greatest movie of all time" thread...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

*Apparently, the subject matter must be pertaining to movies made on a quality film print with a large multi-million dollar budget. Death Proof was only a drag to me because of too long a dialog between the women. The prime female star(s) here were Australian, by the way. Like Notsocleaver mentioned, MST3K - that's Mystery Science Theatre 3000 for those unaware of them...I'm member No. 63,584 (some such), because I ADORE them!  Their theme song is (concerning their captive human and his robot friends) "We'll send him cheesy mo-o-o-v-i-e-s, the worst we can find..." and folks, they MEAN it! Those movies they show are soooooo bad that even though I'll be enjoying their accompanying dialog to death, they're soooo bad I can't sit through them all the way! To date, the absolutely WORST  movie I've seen is, "Manos, The Hands of Fate." :no:   *For El Hoze speaking of the 1996 version of "Island of Dr. Moreau"...I saw the 1977 version of this movie at the theatre with Burt Lancaster as Dr. Moreau.  When the film was over I overheard a middle aged couple in the row behind me talking to each other about that film. He said, "Mm! Didn't think I'd see Burt Lancaster in somethin' like this!" And she said, "Mm hm, he must've needed money awful bad!"  When I was younger I could tolerate most, if not all really bad movies. But when the Lou Ferrigno Hercules came out at the show, I left the theater after he threw the stuffed bear manikin off earth and it circled the earth still stuffed, stiff and all like a satellite (as this was his feat of giving the stars the Big Dipper, or Bear Star). Anybody familiar with "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians"?  Here in Louisville, Kentucky, in the critic's movie review section of our newspaper, their only mention of that film was, "Unrated and unbelieved by the critics".

4 minutes ago, cigcars said:

Death Proof was only a drag to me because of too long a dialog between the women. The prime female star(s) here were Australian, by the way. 

are we talking about the same flick? the crap by tarantino. there is not an australian in it. possibly in some tiny minor role but not as far as i can see. male or female. 

Just now, Ken Gargett said:

are we talking about the same flick? the crap by tarantino. there is not an australian in it. possibly in some tiny minor role but not as far as i can see. male or female. 

You probably couldn't tell because they disguised their accents. But the women who were ontop of the car hood driven by Kurt Russell in that movie, and in his, "Hateful Eight," the same actresses were in that too as the operators of Minnie's Haberdashery. He likes to use some folks several times in his different films (Tim Roth, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Madsen, etc.) Anyway, Zoe Bell is one of the main part ladies in Death Proof. She was actually born in Auckland, New Zealand. I tried to get the birthplace of the other actresses there with telling rolls there off IMDB, but they didn't display their birthplace info at all on a lot of them. 

Just now, cigcars said:

You probably couldn't tell because they disguised their accents. But the women who were ontop of the car hood driven by Kurt Russell in that movie, and in his, "Hateful Eight," the same actresses were in that too as the operators of Minnie's Haberdashery. He likes to use some folks several times in his different films (Tim Roth, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Madsen, etc.) Anyway, Zoe Bell is one of the main part ladies in Death Proof. She was actually born in Auckland, New Zealand. I tried to get the birthplace of the other actresses there with telling rolls there off IMDB, but they didn't display their birthplace info at all on a lot of them. 

aware he does use the same actors regularly. some fabulous actors (though i'd think more highly of some if they'd avoided that flick).

zoe bell is a kiwi - equating her to an aussie is pretty much the same as me saying that mexicans and americans are the same or the scotish and english are all the same. (not to mention deeply offensive to all aussies - but we are used to it and we have thick skins). 

i went through all of the actors, male and female, listed on wikipedia (yes, not necessarily the greatest authority) as i could not recognise a single one as an aussie (lord knows hollywood is absolutely chockers with them and i doubt aussies have any idea that many stars, especially on tv, are from home). wikipedia did not have a single one as an aussie. 

I really enjoyed deathproof :lookaround: the soundtrack was incredible too!

Certainly not a classic but a solid 6.5 out of 10 for me

Django unchained and Hateful 8 are right up there with pulp fiction for me though, completely worth breaking your embargo @Ken Gargett

The only film that I can remember being so bad it still makes me angry when I think about it is Snake Eyes with Nicolas Cage. Just a dark, wet trial of boredom

• Thanks 1