Howdy.

I know of many, many USA BOTL who have good air purifiers like the Rabbit Air, and the Lightning Air... but there's next to no information for purifiers for Australian cigar smokers.
Sure, there's a bunch of air purifiers that have Australian plugs and can work on 240v/50Hz, but I don't know if they're any good for us cigar smokers in Australia.

So I'm asking for a recommendation for cigar smokers in Australia who have an air purifier that actually works, and eliminates stale cigar smoke smell.
I have no budget, and am looking for suggestions. All suggestions and advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Good luck. In my experience, even if you have a window with a giant fan in your cigar lounge, you will still have stale smoke smell on your clothes, your hair, your furniture. Only smoking outside will eliminate all except the breath.

By the way, I really like your show. When are you going to get your devil face back? And when are you going to do Detective Decker?

Here in Beijing I use Blue Air purifiers mainly for pollution purposes, they are Swedish and on the high end of the market. I use the higher grade smoke stop filters which are allegedly able to remove any smells and VOCs. However I have discovered that even the cigar smoke was able to "stain" the filter, so when I turn it on for general use the purifier releases a light cigar smell.

But living in Australia, surely the weather is tolerable? Maybe in the garage on adverse weather days?

On 4/17/2018 at 8:15 PM, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Howdy.

I know of many, many USA BOTL who have good air purifiers like the Rabbit Air, and the Lightning Air... but there's next to no information for purifiers for Australian cigar smokers.
Sure, there's a bunch of air purifiers that have Australian plugs and can work on 240v/50Hz, but I don't know if they're any good for us cigar smokers in Australia.

So I'm asking for a recommendation for cigar smokers in Australia who have an air purifier that actually works, and eliminates stale cigar smoke smell.
I have no budget, and am looking for suggestions. All suggestions and advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

I installed exhaust fans in my ceiling that go straight to the outside of the house.  Hilarious?  yes.  Overkill?  check.  Works?  you bet your ass.  I have two 450 CFM inline duct fans.  If you have to blast holes in the ceiling, you should still be able to get this done for under 5 grand American.  I had ducts pre-installed in my basement when they built the place.  The fans were about 175 each, and the rest was spent on install and drywall repair after we had to cut some holes.  ran be about 1200 dollars.  You can smoke a cigar down there now and no one is the wiser 10 minutes after you're done if you keep the fans running. 

• 4 months later...
On 4/20/2018 at 9:31 AM, Monarch said:

Here in Beijing I use Blue Air purifiers mainly for pollution purposes, they are Swedish and on the high end of the market. I use the higher grade smoke stop filters which are allegedly able to remove any smells and VOCs. However I have discovered that even the cigar smoke was able to "stain" the filter, so when I turn it on for general use the purifier releases a light cigar smell.

But living in Australia, surely the weather is tolerable? Maybe in the garage on adverse weather days?

Me too, the Blueair is really great to use. Would suggest that to my friends.

Breathe Quality
best air purifiers|best large room air purifiers|best air purifiers for office|best air purifiers for bedroom|best air purifiers for allergies and asthma|best air purifiers for pets|best air purifiers for smoke|best air purifiers for mold|best air purifiers for dust