Place in Havana during the evening/night to smoke?

oliverdst

Thanks, guys.

I am planning a day trip to Havana during my stay in México in some weeks. It will be fast so I dont intend to go to many places and the few I visit I want to stay longer.

Well, some things changed since I posted this thread but the trip, apparently, is still on.

Other suggestions still welcomed.

Roof top of the Parque Central Hotel is a great spot in the evening. View of the El Capitolo is spectacular. There is a band and the bar is open till 11 or 12.

• Like 3

Hotel Nacional is nice if you are only there for one evening but the food and drinks are not the best if you ask me.

Cuba is one of the last places on this earth where you can smoke anywhere you want.  If you find a nice bar or restaurant in Habana Vieja, or somewhere else, you can just have a drink and a smoke without anyone blinking an eye! Upside is that you can have great food with your cigars! 

11 hours ago, Thrassos said:

Hotel Nacional is nice if you are only there for one evening but the food and drinks are not the best if you ask me.

Cuba is one of the last places on this earth where you can smoke anywhere you want.  If you find a nice bar or restaurant in Habana Vieja, or somewhere else, you can just have a drink and a smoke without anyone blinking an eye! Upside is that you can have great food with your cigars! 

I’d temper that slightly by sharing that you cannot smoke at just any restaurant. Only the ones that have outside seating will have the greatest probability of allowing you to smoke. You’ll need to ask.

I'd like to thank you all, guys.

As I mentioned it's a day trip so things have to work according to my schedule and, mainly, cuban schedule.

I was considering a cheap place just to sleep few hours but after recomendations I booked a night in Nacional.

The trip in June will be: 

Airport-LCDH's-Vieja-Nacional-Airport.

Flight already booked to November so going to Cuba twice in the same year put me in another level.

Connoisseur? 

No. The ones who cant afford but love cigars and Cuba.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

@oliverdst my wife & I really enjoyed meeting you the other day.  Wish we had had more time to visit with you & Reynaldo. 

Looks like the rest of your stay in Havana went nicely. 

Lets stay in touch. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
not sure when it opens, but it usually closes at 8p

I was recently there and if I recall correctly it opened at 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk