Matt Renshaw

Webbo

Matt Renshaw scores 100 on debut for Somerset v Worcestershire. 101 not out in a total of 202 all out on a real bowlers day. Replacing Bancroft as Somerset overseas player, good swap for Somerset !

7 hours ago, Webbo said:

Matt Renshaw scores 100 on debut for Somerset v Worcestershire. 101 not out in a total of 202 all out on a real bowlers day. Replacing Bancroft as Somerset overseas player, good swap for Somerset !

he is a good player. great to see success over there. should never have lost his aussie spot to bancroft. and that might have changed aussie cricketing history in more ways than one. 

2 minutes ago, JohnS said:

I believe Renshaw followed this effort up with an 86-ball hundred before lunch in a total of 216 vs Yorkshire. That is scintillating form!

brilliant news. given the ups/downs detailed in 'this sporting life'. big fan. not quite sure why he is pushing to play so quickly. saw highlights from the first knock and quite a few balls in the air. has he been taking lessons from hayden? 

it does make that kneejerk decision from the aussie selectors look even sillier. those demented muppets could have seen a very different history. aside from establishing an aussie opener for the next decade, if renshaw is there and not bancroft then hopefully no tampering. or at least it is restricted to warner. smith knows nothing. we only lose warner. no one sheds a tear. 

john, what i did not realise until i checked scores was that he also achieved a feat apparently never done before in first class cricket. remember that he was supposedly a dour boycott-like opener. he got off the mark with a six, reached fifty with a six and reached his ton with a six. 

not only that, his 112 looks monumental when compared with yorkshire who totaled 96, all out. and that was with bats like pujara and ballance.  

so renshaw was back at the crease and not out overnight. wow! all on day one (well, day 2 but day one was washed out). 

10 hours ago, JohnS said:

I believe Renshaw followed this effort up with an 86-ball hundred before lunch in a total of 216 vs Yorkshire. That is scintillating form!

In future against anyone but Yorkshire please Matt.:tantrum: