What’s your time worth

I have always loved enjoying cigars as many of you have, there are few things in life that are as relaxing. Lately I find myself buying aged boxes, 2008, 2012, 1998 what ever I find that fits in the price my hour is worth. My question is how much do you quantify your time is worth when deciding should buy (for example) that $500 box of 2011 LGC MdO2 or $600 box of 2008 Party Luis’s? What is your time worth when buying aged stock?

It may be just my way of rationalizing the purchase but if I have a year and brand noted as I loved there is when the cost to enjoyment equation comes into play. Would I pay $750 for a 25 ct box of 1998 Punch Churchill probably not but a 1998 box of SLR DC no brained. If a cigar is $20- $50 a stick for a two hour enjoyable experience based upon a known aged box during its peak second maturation it’s a easy decision. It’s all about what your time is really worth. I always buy RASS Cabs and have no problem pays $385 for new production because I know I will enjoying them 5 yrs later. Just my thought process.

• Like 1

I've thought about cigars and pipes like this.  I still can't justify paying huge premiums on HTF or limited release cigars.  To me there is just not enough difference in quality to justify the additional cost.  I have bought a bunch of aged boxes and will probably buy a few more until my stock ages.  

With pipe tobacco however the cost is roughly 1/10 per hour of smoking versus cigars so I pay whatever premium I have to to get the tobacco I want.  Still most of the cigars and pipe tobacco I smoke is readily available at normal prices.