Dark wrappers that won't burn!

Dayum. . .  thos PE look like brownies!  
They taste like brownies too ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Actually have some Upmann’s with a thin and dark wrapper (Colorado-Maduro, not EL dark); but they are older cigars with a corojo wrapper.

Charbucks coffee, an EL rolled with 120 grit, and a full bottle of butane... is there a more perfect combo?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, crking3 said:

Never understood the whole these cigars are awful so I’m gonna sell them to someone else thing .......kind of messed up if you think about it .......makes me skeptical .....not cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input even though it was off topic and that you could find something to contribute about my comment. Glad that everyone's palate is different, you may even be the guy that would of liked these. In the world of cigars we keep tasting, it's up to you what you do with your cigars if you don't like them as is mine.

On 4/22/2018 at 12:57 PM, NYgarman said:

I am currently burning through a box of RASS code MUR Nov12 with darker shade wrappers

Even though you hate your MUR, I will offer to buy all the MUR12-13 cigars. I like these cigars, so it will be my pleasure. Sometimes one person's trash is another man's treasure.

9 hours ago, crking3 said:

Never understood the whole these cigars are awful so I’m gonna sell them to someone else thing .......kind of messed up if you think about it .......makes me skeptical .....not cool

One man's trash is another man's treasure. What is so hard to comprehend about that? 

3 minutes ago, mk05 said:

Even though you hate your MUR, I will offer to buy all the MUR12-13 cigars. I like these cigars, so it will be my pleasure. Sometimes one person's trash is another man's treasure.

I only have a handful left from the box. I don't hate the cigars, they simply have burn issues due to the thick dark wrappers. Still a good tasting cigar, they just need constant attention to stay lit. Thank you for your offer. Cheers!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crking3 said:

Yes sir I agree, but we are talking about cigars that won’t burn/stay lit, not taste ........you said the cigars would barely smoke so you sold them .....who would like that?

When I smoke a cigar my primary concern will always be taste. Anything else is secondary. Leaving this one here but debate is always great

I'll still buy the cigars whether or not someone thinks it burns or does not. My predilections have no bearing on anyone else's. I can almost guarantee that the cigars will be fine by my standards. 

2 hours ago, crking3 said:

But you sold them, to quote you, because they were “fireproof”...........which goes back to my original point.....that’s messed up....

Cigars are traded or sold every single day via thousands of private transactions. 

Some sell to flip and some because they don't like the cigars (flavour/construction/whatever) and wish to take the funds and put them into something else. 

You buy the seller  but it is the buyers responsibility to find out why the cigars are being sold (it is not a full box is a good start).  It is the sellers responsibility to answer those questions honestly. 

Some do. Some don't. I don't think you would have a problem here however. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jimmy_jack said:

Was this already covered...take the wrapper off and light it. I wonder if it would make a difference? Maybe not the wrapper?

Not an easy task actually. I did it with a box of RyJ Cazadores which had wrappers made from abestos; you must be very careful not to damage the binder otherwise the cigar will fall apart. And yes it makes a difference tastewise.

I like my dark and oily's (oilies????), and have not had an issue since becoming a fan of El Pres this time last year.

Of course there are no guarantees, and all manufacturers will have issues, but having a high level of quality control at the vendor level certainly lowers the odds of inferiority.

I should know, I was born with zero quality control.^_^

Big Al

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:15 PM, rcarlson said:

Dayum. . .  thos PE look like brownies!  

I was thinking something else not so flattering. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update; I cracked open a new box of RASS  AUM15 and they have nice Colorado wrappers. Lit one today and it stayed lit and burned all the way down non stop. Much better wrappers! Nice flavor notes.