Sign in to follow this  
First Lady

Blind Tasting Cigar Number 1 Reveal

Hello everyone

Hope you all enjoyed the first Cigar 

I have to say everyone did amazingly and give yourself a pat on the back if you picked the first one... if you didn't don't worry there is still 4 more to go and in the past we have winner win the comp with the last cigars ;)

Okay the first Cigar in The 2018 Blind Tasting Comp is  (drum roll :covereyes:

Sancho Panza Belicosos - PTR MAY 17

I have attached the list with the winners for this round 

Chat soon

Lisa

BLIND TASTING COMPETITION 2018 CIGAR NUMBER ONE.pdf

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dmpotocek said:

Anyone else having trouble viewing the results PDF or accessing the forum link? I keep getting an error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it only works if you sign in-have you tried that ?

LOL. Good 'ole Cubans....  

I smoked an SPB immediately after the Blind #1 and they had absolutely nothing in common. The Blind #1 was sour and acrid, burned poorly and made little smoke and they were literally stored on top of each other from the time I got the blind sampler, so storage conditions weren't the issue.  

If I could smoke the  SPB I had afterwards day in and day out in perpetuity I'd be a happy man.  It was amazing.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BuzzArd said:

LOL. Good 'ole Cubans....  

I smoked an SPB immediately after the Blind #1 and they had absolutely nothing in common. The Blind #1 was sour and acrid, burned poorly and made little smoke and they were literally stored on top of each other from the time I got the blind sampler, so storage conditions weren't the issue.  

If I could smoke the  SPB I had afterwards day in and day out in perpetuity I'd be a happy man.  It was amazing.   

Interesting.....I didn't get that at all.  I really enjoyed mine and noticed all the smoke I was getting from the cigar.  I even made a mental note on how good & even the burn was for a Cuban.  I enjoyed it so much I told myself that I would be getting a box after the reveal.  I didn't thing it was a BBF and I thought it was too light in color for a San Cristobal.  I guessed it was a R&J Belicoso mainly because of how well it was constructed.  My experiences with Sancho Panzas have been that they tend to be a little rough.... 

• Like 2

I’ve never had one! So it was not on my radar. I don’t think it moved me to hurry up and get a box. Though I’ll try one again sometime to make sure this wasn’t a dud. 

Personally, flavor profile wise... This was one, if not the worst, Cuban cigar I've ever smoked. I had never had a SPB before but I did my homework. Def got salt, which is not in the profile for any of those other campanas. I've had plenty of BBFs and they're strong. This smoke was a wet rag. Mushrooms... Did Rob say driftwood? Cream poked its head every once in a while.

No fault on construction or burn. It played nice. I just did not enjoy the flavors here. The second cigar is a different story. Looking forward to reading some reviews on it but no 1 stick was a tall glass of water for me. Nothing burger! Glad I nailed it tho.

• Like 1

Ive only ever smoked one Sancho before enjoyed it greatly. I was so congested when I smoked the mystery one that I could  hardly taste much. I got a few hints of Sanch which led me to guess that way. It was too light for a BBF and didn’t have much of a RyJ profile. Off to a good start!!