The New Venom Trailer Is Here

MIKA27

The New Venom Trailer Is Here

Tom Hardy is just straight up brilliant, isn't he?

Also starring Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, Scott Haze and Reid Scott, and Directed by Ruben Fleischer, Venom hits the big screen October 5.

Underwhelming to say the least.  Sony needs to stop making Marvel movies. They're not good at it.  The Venom story needs to start with Spiderman as it first bonded with him "The Alien Costume" storyline. Ultimately, Peter Parker rejects the symbiote, which then bonds to Eddie Brock and seeks out revenge.  And to top it off, the audtio is slightly out of sync with the video.  :rolleyes:

I'm mixed. On one hand I want to see the Eddie Brock story of him encountering the symbiotic organism after Spider-man has a go with it. With that said, I don't want some mediocre rehashed spider-man flick that half the movie is dedicated to SM and Brock takes a rear seat like they did in their last attempt to introduce Venom. When Venom cam out with a Comic of his own he was very much a character that could stand on his own. I hope the movie is successful because I would like to see them bring Carnage into the fray of the characters they have. I thought Venom was a character that was enacting brutal revenge towards those who wronged him and others. Carnage came along and just blew out the rules out of DC as they stuffed a convicted mass murdering psychopath into a super power suit. I think newer villains of the Spiderman-series have a better ability to keep the series going forward instead of the constant attempt to reboot with the old villains they have tried. 

On 4/30/2018 at 1:48 AM, Fosgate said:

I'm mixed. On one hand I want to see the Eddie Brock story of him encountering the symbiotic organism after Spider-man has a go with it. With that said, I don't want some mediocre rehashed spider-man flick that half the movie is dedicated to SM and Brock takes a rear seat like they did in their last attempt to introduce Venom. When Venom cam out with a Comic of his own he was very much a character that could stand on his own. I hope the movie is successful because I would like to see them bring Carnage into the fray of the characters they have. I thought Venom was a character that was enacting brutal revenge towards those who wronged him and others. Carnage came along and just blew out the rules out of DC as they stuffed a convicted mass murdering psychopath into a super power suit. I think newer villains of the Spiderman-series have a better ability to keep the series going forward instead of the constant attempt to reboot with the old villains they have tried. 

I don't think Venom even needs to be linked to a Spider man movie.

Venom has his own comics that are truly popular. My 9 year old son is obsessed with Venomverse comics, there's an abundance of storytelling without SM in them.

I'd love to see a Venom and Carnage movie. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2018 at 10:05 PM, Fuzz said:

But you can't have Venom without Spidey. Venom's psychosis evolved from Brock's and the symbiote's mutual hatred of Spidey.

Who's not to say he won't make an appearance or down the line, a venom Spidey movie?

10 hours ago, MIKA27 said:

Who's not to say he won't make an appearance or down the line, a venom Spidey movie?

But the underlying story of why Venom is Venom, won't be there. This version of Venom has no reason for his pathological hate of Spiderman.

What makes Venom a great character is that he is continuously striving for redemption. He is not an intrinsically evil character. As bad as the Venom character was in Spiderman 3, they did get the backstory kinda right (the rest was crap). Eddie Brock has a victim complex, he blames others for his mistakes, eg he blames Peter for destroying his career. The symbiote hates Spiderman for rejecting it and wants revenge, but acts more on the whims of the host than anything else. Venom actually believes he is protecting the people from Spidey.

I know Sony's Spideyverse has nothing to do withe the MU, but at least get the character's origins right. Venom shouldn't start out as an anti-hero. He needs that road to redemption.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...