Save 'em or smoke 'em?

I also dont believe in saving anything for a "special" occasion.  This moment is special enough for me.  

But honestly either way it won't make any difference because when yer dead nothing you've done or not done will matter anyways, you will just be gone. 

I dont mean you wont matter to the ppl that love you.  Just i cant see it mattering how much you've done or not since in the end it's all over for you.

• Like 2

I'm getting better, after battling renal cell carcinoma the past year and a half, (all clear now) but still put "special" cigars back.  Where I live,  you can't go to a b&m and purchase Cuban cigars.  I believe that plays into it. 

• Like 3

I like to have enough special cigars that I can enjoy them on special occasions or just because I feel like a special cigar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently received a gift of some cigars from a gentleman that passed a few years back.

This has made me quite aware that every day is a special occasion.  Smoke em all, you can't take em with you.

• Like 3

Smoke them!

Everyday you're above ground is special! 

I do have a handful of "special" special occasion cigars I smoke on certain occasions, most all else is fair game anymore whenever the mood strikes me.

I also have a designated friend to handle my cigar affairs when I pass, including the FOH locker stock.

He'll most likely smoke many of the "special" special occasion cigars I didn't get to. It's a condition of the arrangement.

• Like 4

I had a good friend die on his motorcycle in San Diego a few years ago. He loved life to the fullest until the end. He taught me to savor every second we get, then he was taken, which just proved him right. He was 34.
More recently (5 months ago today) one of the best men I have ever known died from brain cancer. He inspired thousands of people as a teacher and as he battled his cancer to Win the Day! He was 43, married with 3 kids under 12 when he passed with his whole family by his side.
Do I expect to die by 43, hell no. Will I be on my death bed wishing I had smoked those OR Behike 52’s from 2010? Hell no! They were gone long ago and I Fing loved them all!
My point isn’t that you shouldn’t horde cigars and be proud of your stash. But if you abstain you’re missing out. Dig those Cohiba Reserva out Claus! Post one tomorrow for all of us to drool over!

Can I smoke a Bolivar 5ta Avenida instead? The jar is so much easier to get to :)
  • Like 1

I do somewhat pace myself on the special stuff, but I don't really stretch it that much.  And I might save something fancy for an event that's 6-12 months out.  And of course I've got boxes of new stuff I won't touch for 5-10 years, not because it's 'special' but because the aging will help make it so.  So I've always got 4 or 5 boxes of special stuff in the current rotation along with 4 or 5 boxes of regular production.  It's all good! :cigar: 

Guilty. I'm a terrible hoarder. I'm a little to sentimental and if a friend gifts me a cigar I have hard time smoking it. Also cigars I got at special events. Maybe it's time to pull out one of those Hamlets from 2014.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Smoke’em if ya got’em! My wife Amanda battled cancer for five years and beat it all until one day she fell in the drive way one the way to a check-up. One day in the hospital then 5 weeks in Hospice. I’m blessed to have another wife that smokes cigars just as Amanda did and we still smoke those 20 year old Cigars Amanda had been saving for special occasions. We smoke those special cigars with a bottle of Champagne on random Days of the week, life is too short and you never know what will happen. Enjoy life, hold on to every moment and squeeze every last drop. Sorry for the poor grammar still is tough to talk about, life is so fragile! I don’t celebrate birthdays or anniversaries, I buy my wife crazy stuff because it’s Thursday, share and smoke stupid rare cigars with my wife and friends because that hour or two is pure bliss. That’s when memories are made, wisdom passed on a legacy. Celebrate every last second. Cheers 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Weaponiz'd1 said:

Like Pres, I made a decision back in '15, on my first visit to MD Anderson, that I was done holding back in life.

A box of cigars hits my mail box, they're afforded only an acclimation period before their trial by fire begins.

That’s where my wife went, we grew up in Humble north Houston. 

3 hours ago, madandana said:

Guilty. I'm a terrible hoarder. I'm a little to sentimental and if a friend gifts me a cigar I have hard time smoking it. Also cigars I got at special events. Maybe it's time to pull out one of those Hamlets from 2014.

This is one very sobering and spooky thread . Good idea Mike , I am going to have a 2014 Hamlet today. Cheers ,Clinton.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Habana Mike said:

Smoke them!

Everyday you're above ground is special! 

I do have a handful of "special" special occasion cigars I smoke on certain occasions, most all else is fair game anymore whenever the mood strikes me.

I also have a designated friend to handle my cigar affairs when I pass, including the FOH locker stock.

He'll most likely smoke many of the "special" special occasion cigars I didn't get to. It's a condition of the arrangement.

How do interview for the second guy in charge? 

• Haha 4

On April 27, 2018 at 5:02 PM, El Presidente said:

I stopped putting cigars or wine away in July 17 when in the hospital ward staring at the ceiling. 

Prince or pauper, you exit the same way. 

Commit to master the art of living.  Every taste, touch, interaction, experience.  Milk every last drop. 

This is an interesting question.   A member like Rob at some point with probably hundreds of boxes can choose to stop collecting and start smoking.  But what about the new member when do they say ok stop collecting and smoking.  Or do you do both.  Awesome question just different perspectives based on their cigar journey.  I for myself am a saver always waiting for that special moment that years later wonder why I did not just smoke it.