Intensely sweet, young vitolas?

5 hours ago, CrownN7eveN said:

You must’ve never had a Baccarat.  I recieved one in a sampler once, and decided to burn it on my way home from work.  Well, as soon as I lit it and took the first puffs to light it, I pitched it out of the window onto the street :lol:.  Now I like sweetness in cigars, but not THAT sweet.  It was intensely sweet to me, cause it had a sweetened tip.  At one point in time I used to like those sweetened tips, but that was before I started smoking premium cigars, and back in the Lars Tetens/Hav-a-Tampa Jewels/Swisher Sweets days for me.

Anyways, I don’t know of any intensely sweet premium cigars unfortunately (besides the Baccarat).  But one I found pretty tasty that had some great sweetness, is a SCdLH Principe.  First Cuban I nubbed...or, if you’re up for it, give up smoking for a few weeks, give your palate time to reset.  So with that, I wish you good luck in your quest, and I hope you find what you are looking for.

I actually started writing the response above yesterday, about the time you posted your response.  I suppose we may be in agreement about Baccarat :lol:.

I definitely can’t abide an artificially sweetened tobacco product. 

I did smoke my first principe in some time the other day. I think the previous box i had smoked was before i started keeping my humidity lower; it was muggy dc summer and non-vacuum-sealed shipping; and I wasn’t giving them much rest. Albeit delicious, none from that box gave me the flavor of the one from @Wertman that I recently smoked. It was like maple syrup and gingerbread oozing from every pore of my being. I think this mkre than adequately provides the missing niche flavor i had been searching for. I’ve got more on the way. I have a feeling that, now that my humidor conditions are much more stable than before, principes will be in constant rotation. 

Edit: @Brandon we posted concurrently, apparently. Pertinent responses. I don’t per se want to feel exactly like I’m eating sweets, so much as i want a flavor that evokes the emotional and dopamine response associated with it. The principe i smoked recently didn’t leave a sweet residue in my mouth, but evoked memories of lebkuchen from my childhood. That’s precisely the phenomenon i had hoped for

• 2 months later...

Recently, the PL Picadores and HdM Elegantes have shown a lot of sweetness ROTT for me. The Elegantes come in 10ers, so they might be worth a try. I just received a box from our host, and they're beautiful cigars.

I've noticed that my palate has changed a ton over the years. I'm in a phase right now where I get a lot of sweetness. In the past, it was something I rarely noticed. In fact, a couple of years ago when I had my first non-Partagas Cuban in several years, I went in expecting what I thought of as the standard, Cuban twang, but what hit my palate was something entirely different. A very creamy, aromatic sweetness. I enjoyed it so much it inspired me to dive a bit deeper into Cubans. 

• Thanks 1