Cuban Rum full bottle weights

Trying to find out weights of full bottles of Cuban Rum

We will be in Havana at the end of the month and I'm trying to calculate how much I can pack into my luggage without exceeding the 50lb bag limit

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend.

May be off topic but coming back from Havana I bought 3 bottles of 7yr Havana club at the airport and instead of my usual they only had the special ones in a box.  I didn’t think anything of it but to my dismay instead of 750 they were 100 and I got stopped by every fricken person on my way to DC.   They cut the bag, weighed, scanned and 3D imaged every bottle.  Apparently 3-750’s are ok but 3-100’s make you a liquor mule.   They didn’t care about Alex’s 1,000 custom rolls though... thank god!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Ethernut - love the Santero 11 ..... left it behind for November in my HAV suitcase as a good friend gave me a bottle of Elijah Craig ... so you are welcome to share the Santero 11 with me :)

• Haha 1

In December of 2016, my wife and I came back from Cuba through Miami with 12 bottles of rum and no one batted an eye.  They didn't even weigh anything. They DID however, look in the duty free bag to make sure the receipt was in there.  

I started packing a travel luggage scale years ago when I was in Nicaragua and spontaneously found myself over by 12 lbs. Has saved my bacon in Cuba and other travel destinations quite a number of times.

They're inexpensive and quite light.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 1:37 PM, Cigar Surgeon said:

I started packing a travel luggage scale years ago when I was in Nicaragua and spontaneously found myself over by 12 lbs. Has saved my bacon in Cuba and other travel destinations quite a number of times.

They're inexpensive and quite light.

Purchased a 2 pack for $12 on Amazon..... great tip

• Thanks 1