Your favorite ‘pesos’/‘farmies’?

cfc1016

I’m hoping to take a trip or two to cuba this year and would like, in addition to a few habanos/customs, to bring back some pesos, as i do so love me some ‘cheap n cheerfuls’ 

What are your favorites? I’ve been able to see surcos, bauzas, selectos, but i seem to recall folks mentioning a few others that I can’t recall the names of. Any pointers on what to expect from each variety and where on the island i would have to go to get them?

• 1 month later...

Hi there -

“brands” of peso cigars vary by region.

Wherever you are, there will normally be only one available, according to whichever factory is closest.

in Varadero, you will normally find Relobas.

Quality seems to vary mostly by chance.

Have fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In my experience, the pesos are lower quality and, obviously, rolled with whatever leftover leaf is laying around.

There seems to be no consistency of blend between the different brands - I think, as stated above, each factory has a specific label they put around what is generally a second-class cigar.

I'd stick to customs at the LCdH and farms you visit. They should be fairly "cheap."

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On September 20, 2018 at 3:04 PM, ErikB72 said:

I was tempted to by some Bauzas when in Cuba ten years ago but it felt wrong to me , me being a tourist and able to buy any Cohiba I fancied

You done good.

• 5 months later...

I tried and likes:

Reloba

Credito

Coloso

Surco

Casique

I loaded all the packs in a sealed container with boveda 65% and left for aging - this will be my experiment

Also tried two HQ releases, which can compete with cheap HSA machine made cigars:

6e23cd555e8158e6063a6d8316f4e11b.jpg

89711f1b36281c7cdfde371397f17d3a.jpg

please your attention: El Coloso format Petit Coronas 40x110. I've never seen this before. There is no factory stamp on the package:

59b63437c7a82b6e7b06d907d620f713.jpg

• Like 2